Chapter 14

Misunderstandings and Truths

Friday:

"oh-ho so you want to take hyukki on a date?" a playful voice is heard through the phone.

"yes but I do not know where to go so I thought you could help me." donghae responds ignoring the teasing voice of sungmin.

"come on donghae I am positive you have dated before did you need help then too?" sungmin teases donghae.

"No I didn't! but hyukki is different." donghae replies.

"how so?" sungmin inquires.

"well I mean he is not as expressive as people I dated before so he is kind of hard to understand and I do not know what he is thinking sometimes." donghae sighs.

"alright, alright I got it. I will help don't be so insecure donghae." sungmin replies.

"I am not insecure!" donghae quickly remarks.

"whatever you say." says sungmin. " I got an idea!" sungmin suddenly shouts causing donghae to jump slightly.

"what?" donghae asks.

"let's do a double date. you and hyukki, me and kyu." sungmin suggest.

"yah! minnie I want just me and you time." kyuhyun complains in the background.

" oh be quiet kyu we will. anyway me and kyu are going to the festival tomorrow ask hyukki to come with you." sungmin tells donghae.

"eh but hyukki hates crowded places I made him go to the mall before and he did not like it." donghae complains.

"gosh donghae just ask him he will go if you ask and he will be fine. also I call it a double date but we will split up and meet back together at a later time that way you will have some alone time and so will we." sungmin informs with a tone saying it is already decided so donghae just agrees."fine. bye"

"wait one more thing." sungmin stops him. " I have one more idea if you want to figure out how hyukki feels for you so you do not feel so insecure."

"I am not insecure!" donghae whines back.

"Sure if you say so. Do you want to know or not?" sungmin asks.

donghae thinks for a second then says "tell me." they talk a little more then donghae hangs up.

 

when he gets home he finds hyukjae just finishing making food.

"I'm back." donghae announces.He walks over to hyukjae he is about to hug him but stops remembering what sungmin told him.

Earlier on the phone: "hyukjae might act indifferent when you cling to him but if I am right he actually likes it but will probably never tell you that." sungmin says.

"so?" donghae asks.

"so tonight and tomorrow morning cut back on skinship with him.I am not telling you to ignore him just do not hug him and wrap your arms around him as much.if I am right he will start feeling lonely because he is use to you always being close." sungmin says.

"ah! I got it. good idea " donghae smirks. 'why didn't I think of that?' he wonders to himself.

 Donghae sits down at the table to eat."hyukki let's go to the festival tomorrow for a date."

Hyukjae seems hesitant. “It will be crowded."

"yeah but it will be fun kyuhyun and sungmin will be there too." donghae adds.

"I guess" hyukjae agrees and starts eating. Donghae smiles. "great!"

Saturday morning:

Hyukjae shuffles out of his room and sees donghae already awake watching TV. He looks at the clock, it is 10:00 am, then looks back to donghae still half asleep.

"morning hyukki." donghae says when he sees him. Hyukjae mumbles a "morning" and walks over to sit next to donghae. Normally donghae would wrap his arm around hyukjae or lean against him but he does not this time. Hyukjae stares at him wondering why donghae seems weird since last night he has not been as clingy. Donghae notices hyukjae staring.

"why are you staring? Mesmerized by my looks?" donghae teases. Hyukjae blinks not realizing he was staring. "you wish." hyukjae retorts. "I'm hungry."

Donghae laughs "right got it I will make breakfast." he then stands up and walks into the kitchen. It is harder than I thought not to hug him. donghae sighs and starts cooking.

Saturday evening:

"over here" sungmin calls waving to hyukjae and donghae, who just arrived. "you guys are slow."

"sorry"donghae looks around." where is kyuhyun?"

"he went to save us a seat where we are eating so lets get going." sungmin pulls them both by the arms.

They meet up with kyuhyun and order some food.

"after we eat we are going to walk around and visit the stalls." sungmin informs donghae and hyukjae. "and play some games." kyuhyun adds.

"you are going to win me something right?"sungmin turns to kyu.

"as long as it is not pink fine." kyuhyun cannot stand his boyfriend's pink obsession. Sungmin pouts."not fair." kyuhyun rolls his eyes.

“Sungmin says you have not been to a festival in a long time.” Donghae starts a conversation with hyukjae, who is busy with his food.

Hyukjae nods. “Last time was when I was little with sungmin but we got separated half way through.”

“actually he got lost."sungmin adds quickly.

“I did not!I went to go look at something and then he was gone” hyukjae states seeming embarrassed. Donghae chuckles.

“is that why you do not like crowds? Because you get lost.” Teases donghae.

“shut up. I do not get lost.” Hyukjae unconsciously pouts. So adorable I just want to squeeze him. Donghae smiles.He looks over and sees sungmin shake his head like he could tell donghae was about to give in. Donghae stops from grabbing hyukjae.Meanwhile they continues talking for a bit.Donghae laughs at kyuhyun and sungmin bickering and glances at hyukjae who has been quiet. is he pouting? Donghae wonders.

why is donghae being different? hyukjae asks himself. He is normally always touchy. Did I do something wrong? Is he mad? no he does not seem mad. Ugh! this is annoying first he is overly clingy now he is not. Hyukjae pouts. He slightly listens to the others talking then his attention goes elsewhere. He looks over and sees a group of girls giggling and pointing towards their direction more at donghae.Hyukjae glares in their direction but is unnoticed by the girls who start walking to donghae looking somewhat shy. No way! Hyukjae grabs donghae's hand suddenly and stands up.

"I want to walk around let's go." he pulls donghae who did not even have time to complain. Sungmin and kyuhyun just look at each other confused.

"we will meet back here for fireworks when it gets dark ok.call if you want to meet earlier” Sungmin yells to them.Walking away Hyukjae looks back and sees the girls looking disappointed as they turn around and walk elsewhere. They walk for a while and play some games before they get thirsty.

“I will go get some drinks wait here.” Tells donghae. Hyukjae nods and waits.

Donghae gets two drinks but is stopped by some girls who are in his class on his way back. Hyukjae watches as donghae smiles and talks to the girls, becoming more annoyed by the second and another feeling he does not understand. Really these girls are annoying.go away! Hyukjae catches himself thinking this then asks himself why it bothers him. Donghae keeps talking to them so hyukjae walks over to him and grabs the drink from him.

“you are slow!” he says annoyed and starts walking away. Donghae apologizes to the girls and says bye following hyukjae.

“hey that is rude. Why are you mad?” asks donghae.

“I’m not.” Replies hyukjae and continues walking ahead. Yeah right you are definitely mad. Thinks donghae.

“look if you do not say anything I will not know what is wrong. I cannot read minds.” No response. After a few minutes of quiet walking Donghae grabs hyukjae to make him stop walking. They already walked outside of the festival area. “yah hyukjae talk to me.”

“annoying.” Hyukjae mumbles out as he throws his cup away after downing the drink while he was angry. Donghae is taken back. Is he saying I am annoying? What happened? Hyukjae turns to donghae and glares at him. He then walks up to him and grabs donghae’s neck kissing his lips hard the sudden contact causes donghae to lose his balance and fall hyukjae landing on top of him.

“ouch.” Donghae grumbles out and tries to sit up. Hyukjae places a hand on both of donghae’s shoulders and pushes him back down sitting on him a leg on each side of donghae. Donghae’s eyes widen and he stares at hyukjae unable to read his facial expression.

“hyuk-“ donghae starts to speak but hyukjae cuts him off.

“why are you so damn good looking and friendly?” Hyukjae hisses out. Donghae looks at him questionably.

“w-what?” he asks confused.

“I don’t like it. The whole time people have been staring at you and those girls were flirting with you it’s annoying.” Hyukjae states with anger.

“Could it be are you jealous?” donghae questions.

“so what if I am! You are my boyfriend stop flirting with other people.” Hyukjae snaps back. Donghae has never seen hyukjae look like this. He is sort of intimidating yet donghae finds it y. This side of him is interesting. “or are you already tired of me?” hyukjae continues this time donghae could feel the hurt in those words.

“no way! why would you think that?” donghae quickly replies. Before hyukjae can respond donghae reaches up and pulls hyukjae down his lips meeting hyukjae’s. “there is no way I will be tired of you ever.” Donghae smiles holding hyukjae’s face and he starts to relax. I was worried for nothing. I guess I was not the only one who was insecure. Donghae murmurs to himself.

“Then why are you acting weird?” asks hyukjae.

“weird? How so?” donghae knows what hyukjae mean but plays dumb.

“normally you are always so close but recently you have not been.” Hyukjae complains.

“I thought you didn’t like it but it seems I was wrong.” Donghae grins and grabs hyukjae’s hands raising his own back off the ground to sit up and pushing hyukjae down some.

“What? I never said I like it!” Hyukjae’s face reddens slightly.

“Then you don’t like it? Ok I will not do it.” donghae smirks. Hyukjae glances at donghae. “Fine I don’t hate it.” He looks away quickly and mumbles “jerk.” He knows donghae is purposely teasing him. Donghae smiles wide he lets go of hyukjae’s hands and leans forward to kiss him again.

“you are really something else you know that?” donghae says as he pulls from the kiss. “not many people would hold this kind of position in public good thing no one is here.” Hyukjae looks at donghae and tilts his head not understanding what he means. He then looks down and realizes he is actually sitting on donghae’s lap. His face flushes and he tries to move away but donghae hold his hips smirking. “stay like this a little longer.” Pleas donghae "n-no way" hyukjae quickly stands leaving a pouting donghae.

"hyukki you are so mean I just want to cuddle" donghae continues pouting. Hyukjae stares blankly for a second then starts laughing at donghae's ridiculous cute act. Donghae smiles seeing hyukjae laugh, but then comes up with an idea and grins when he sees a soccer ball and field right next to where they are.

“how about a bet?” He grins confidently at hyukjae. He points to the ball and field. “what do you say?”

Hyukjae eyes him suspiciously but decides ‘why not?’ “What bet?”

 “If I can make 5 goals before you make 3 you have to cuddle whenever I want for the next week.” Donghae explains and watches hyukjae’ face change looking embarrassed. “and If I win?” he asks. Donghae thinks for a second. “I will cook all meals for the next 2 weeks.”

“fine” hyukjae walks over and grabs the soccer ball. They walk to the field and start the game. Donghae smirks I am on the soccer team no way I can lose. I’ll get all 5 points in one go.

They start the game and donghae rushes to kick the ball but hyukjae easily dodges and starts towards the goal. Donghae stands bewildered for a second then chases after hyukjae to stop him from scoring. He tries again but hyukjae kicks the ball around donghae and scores the first point. Donghae stares at hyukjae. Sure he was going easy on him but still hyukjae is better than he thought.

“what’s the matter? You should try harder Hae.” Hyukjae teases he knows donghae is holding back but he is not going to give up so easily.

Donghae smiles. “Alright guess I will get serious by the way I like the nickname. Call me that for now on.” Hyukjae looks shocked when donghae says that he just realized he called him hae. “we will see” hyukjae shrugs.

They both sit down on the field panting. Donghae laughs loudly and turns to hyukjae. “I win.” Hyukjae just snorts falling back to lie down. “whatever, barely.” It is true the score ended 5-2. If he would have got one more point I would have lost that was close. Donghae sighs.“now then we have some time before meeting kyuhyun and sungmin so” donghae grins. “let us keep to that bet hyukki~” hyukjae looks at him and grimaces while sitting up. Ah! Why did I agree to that? He mentally scolds himself. Donghae looks like a child beaming a huge smile. “I want to sit like before.”

“eh… no way.” that’s embarrassing Hyukjae whines.”no one is here to see so hurry up!” Donghae stares intently waiting, hyukjae rolls his eyes and reluctantly sits back into the position from before on donghae’s lap. Donghae wraps his arms around hyukjae pulling him to his chest as hyukjae hides his face near donghae’s neck feeling embarrassed, while donghae has a triumphant smile.

 Hyukjae stays still for a few moments then remembers why he was jealous to begin with earlier knowing they will be walking around in the crowd again soon. This jerk attracts too much attention. So he decides to do something.He lifts his head slightly and kisses donghae’s neck. Donghae jerks slightly at hyukjae sudden move. ”um hyukki what-“ he starts but stops when he feels pressure and a stinging feeling on his neck. Did he just bite me!! “ hyukjae!” donghae speaks up then feels hyukjae on his neck some, donghae shiver to the feeling. Hyukjae pulls up and faces donghae who right now is still stunned at the situation.

“did you just mark me?” donghae asks unsure.

“You’re mine so why can’t I?” hyukjae replies seriously. “it will keep those girls away.” Donghae is dumbfounded. He is really something when he is jealous. Donghae smirks.

“then I should do the same to you to keep others away right?” donghae suggest and starts to but hyukjae pushes his face away. “no way.” Hyukjae then stands up. “let’s go meet kyu and min.” donghae just stares. What? Hyukjae starts walking away but turns and smirks at donghae.

“yah! Are you messing with me right now!” donghae pouts.”fine” donghae grabs hyukjae’s hand intertwining their fingers. They meet up with kyuhyun and sungmin to watch the fireworks. While standing there kyuhyun looks at donghae.

“what happened to your neck?” kyu asks.

“Someone was jealous.” Donghae smiles as he responds. Hyukjae elbows him in the side.

“Jealousy is a scary thing, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun nods in understanding.

“well if certain people would not do things to cause other to be jealous there would not be a problem right?” sungmin pinches kyuhyun’s side. Kyuhyun winces “Haha I was just saying, sorry” he then hugs sungmin. As they watch the fireworks donghae pulls hyukjae closer hugging him from behind.

“Thank you for coming with me today.I had fun.” Donghae speaks into hyukjae’s ear. Plus I got to see a whole different side to hyukjae. Donghae smiles contently.


So I have been busy and cannot update as fast as before but I will try to update once a week still also I will probably only add 6 more chapters or so to this fic being the first one I don't want to run it too long so I think around 20 chapters will be good.

Thank you everyone for comments I am thankful for them ^.^ also yay I have 130+ subscribers. glad you enjoy reading this and hopefully you are not  disappointed.