Chapter 15

Misunderstandings and Truths

Sunday:

Donghae is sitting in the living room watching a movie when hyukjae makes his way out of his room. Why is this guy always up so early on days you can sleep in later? Hyukjae can’t help but wonder because donghae is always awake earlier on weekends then him but during the week donghae is the last one awake.

Donghae spots hyukjae and smiles patting the couch for hyukjae to sit with him. Hyukjae looks away and starts toward the kitchen. Donghae pouts slightly.

“hyukki come here I want to cuddle.” Donghae says with a sly smile. Hyukjae stops in his tracks remembering about last night’s deal. That damn bet! “ you agreed to the bet so do not give me that look.” Donghae responds to hyukjae’s dissatisfied look.

“fine.” Hyukjae mumbles and shuffles over sitting next to donghae instantly being pulled back to lean against him. Donghae wraps his arm around hyukjae and pulls him close so he is leaning halfway on donghae with his head against his shoulder.

“good morning.” Donghae kisses the top of hyukjae’s head.

“morning” hyukjae replies back. “I am never making a bet with you again.” He sulks as donghae laughs at him.

“after the movie we need to go  food shopping.” Donghae tells hyukjae.

“it is your turn why do I have to come?” hyukjae turns his head to look at donghae.

“you don’t want to come with me? You are so mean hyukki!” donghae whines.

“Stop whining like a baby.” Hyukjae scolds donghae. “it is weird when you try to act cute.” Hyukjae smirks. “Should I start calling you baby hae?”

“yah! Don’t you dare I am not a baby and it sounds weird being called like that.” Donghae pretends to shiver from it.

“aw don’t be like that baby hae.” Hyukjae teases. After always being teased by donghae he has learned ways to annoy donghae back.

“hey I said don’t call me that or else.” Donghae pretends to be upset.

“or else what? You will cry baby hae.” Hyukjae continues to playfully mock donghae.

Donghae’s face changes and his mouth forms a huge toothy smile. Hyukjae looks at him slightly worried. Eh why is he smiling like that? What is this idiot thinking now? “don’t say I did not warn you.” Donghae quickly grabs hyukjae on the side and starts tickling him.

“stop! Wait.. donghae stop it!” hyukjae squirms  and laughs hard whether he wants to or not.

“no you keep calling me that name.” donghae continues tickling hyukjae. Hyukjae tries to push donghae off but can’t get enough strength to do it. Tears start forming from laughing.

“ok..ok! ..sorry..stop hae!” hyukjae says between laughs. Donghae stops while hyukjae tries to catch his breath. Donghae is still leaning over hyukjae.

“you are too cute you should smiles more often.” Donghae smiles at hyukjae who glares at him not too happy about being tickled or being called cute. Donghae kisses hyukjae quickly on the lips then moves back when hyukjae tries to hit him.

“get ready so we can go shopping.” Donghae tells hyukjae.

“I’m not going.” Hyukjae states.

“oh really?” Donghae walks closer to him. “should I tickle you again until you agree?” Hyukjae moves away quickly.

“do not even think about it.” Hyukjae gives up. “fine I’ll go.” Jerk! idiot! Brat! Hyukjae complains mentally storming off to his room.

Hyukjae and donghae are looking around at the store. They have grabbed most of their food to last them a little while and of course a bunch of snacks thanks to hyukjae and his sweet tooth, not to mention his strawberry milk. Donghae sighs.

“hyukki do you really need all these snacks?” donghae asks. He knows hyukjae can eat and never gain weight but unfortunately he does not have that ability and the snacks tempt him too much he has gained weight recently thanks to that. Hyukjae who is currently knelt down looking at other snacks on the bottom shelf looks up.

“yes” he immediately answers. Donghae gives up knowing hyukjae will not part with the food.

Hyukjae goes back to looking at the food in front of him. Out of nowhere donghae sees a little girl at the end of the aisle maybe only 4 or 5years old. She is adorable. He smiles to the little girl who smiles back then looks surprised. She starts charging quickly toward his direction. Huh..what? why is she running this way? The girl jumps onto hyukjae’s back causing him to fall forward almost hitting his head making him mumble out curses.

“hyukki-oppa!” the girl squeals hugging hyukjae’s neck tight. Donghae looks worried afraid hyukjae’s temper might appear but instead hyukjae grabs the girl and pulls her into his lap. “I missed you hyukki-oppa!” the girl smiles and snuggles to hyukjae. Hyukjae sees donghae’s confused face and is about to explain but another voice and person appears. A beautiful woman maybe in her early or mid-20’s she resembles hyukjae slightly.

“hyuna! I have told you not to run off! Where have you-“ the woman stops suddenly. “omo if it isn’t hyukki!” the woman smiles.

“look mommy I found hyukki-oppa!” hyuna smiles proudly. Hyukjae stands up picking hyuna up with him and holding her.

“umm not to interrupt but who?” donghae questions hyukjae.

“hae this is my noona, sora, sora-noona this is my boyfriend donghae.” Hyukjae introduces them nonchalantly.

“ah nice to meet you…” donghae starts. “ yeah nice to meet you too.” Sora smiles, they both stop.

“wait you have a boyfriend? “ sora seems confused and surprised.

“you have a sister?” donghae asks equally surprised.

Hyukjae nods.

“since when?” the two say in unison.

“well hae I have had a sister all my life and sora for almost 2 weeks we have been dating.” Hyukjae answers when they both look impatient.

“wait donghae as in the one living with you? You are dating the person you live with?” sora asks not seeming to like the idea.

“here you two are.” Another voice joins in as a man walks over interrupting before hyukjae answers. “I have been looking for you guys . . . oh hyukjae it has been awhile.”

 Hyukjae just nods in reply and looks at hyuna who gets his attention. She points to the small bottle of strawberry milk in the cart. Hyukjae reaches over and opens the pack holding them and pulls out two bottles he hands one to hyuna and takes the other for himself. Meanwhile donghae and sora were talking she is introducing her husband.

“hyukki you can’t open that.” Donghae scolds when he looks over and notices hyuna and hyukjae drinking the milk. They both stare at him with the same look as if saying. Why not? Oh my god their personalities seem the same. “you have not paid for it yet.”

“so I am buying it anyway besides it is too late now.” Hyukjae continues drinking it donghae just rubs his temple. Sora beside him laughs and puts a hand on his shoulder in understanding.

“why don’t you check out we will meet you outside we already got our items.” Sora suggests. When sora tries to take hyuna she clings to hyukjae shaking her head wanting to stay with hyukjae.

“I thought you were an only child.” Donghae says while they are in line just them and hyuna who is now standing next to hyukjae holding his hand.

“noona lives with her husband a few hours away.” Hyukjae informs donghae. “I do not get to see her often but she calls me sometimes.”

“why don’t you live with her instead of alone?” donghae asks knowing hyukjae has lived alone for a long time now and must have been lonely a lot. Wouldn’t it be better to live with his family? Actually now that I think about it why does he choose to stay alone?

“don’t want to” hyukjae’s short and to the point answers come again. Hyukjae sees donghae wants more of an explanation so he adds more. “I want to go to school with min and kyu so I stayed here. Plus I would be in the way.”

“since when have you cared what others think?” donghae teases making hyukjae pout and look away. “whatever.” Hyukjae replies. Donghae laughs at hyukjae’s childishness, until he feels a hit to his shin.

“ow” he looks down to see hyuna just kicked him. “don’t be mean to hyukki-oppa!”

Ouch she really is like him hitting people without warning! donghae sees hyukjae grin as he apologizes. Hyuna just huffs but then forgives donghae.

After finishing with paying they meet Sora and her husband outside. Once outside hyukjae looks around for a trash can to throw his empty drink away. Donghae points one out. Hyukjae and hyuna both hold out the empty bottles. “throw this away for me.” Donghae looks at him. “eh?” ah fine I am spoiling him too much. He takes both bottles and tosses them away and walks back. These two are too alike it is scary. He notices looking at hyukjae and hyuna.

“It’s weird right?” Sora notices donghae’s look at the two who are putting the groceries in the car, well hyukjae is hyuna thinks she is helping. “she looks like me but somehow got his personality. How did that happen?” she sighs as donghae chuckles. “donghae you seem like a nice guy and I have nothing against you but take this as a warning. If you do anything to hurt hyukjae while you live together you will regret it. I am sort of against you two living together and dating but there is not much I can do plus hyukki likes you that is obvious.” She then walks over to hyukjae and hyuna.

“noona why are you here anyway?” hyukjae asks.

“we had some business nearby. We were originally going to stop by your house after, but I got called back to work so we stopped to get hyuna some snacks before going. Glad we did because I got to see you after all.” She hugs hyukjae tightly. “I missed you! You better come visit me it has been over 4 months since I last saw you brat.” She turns to hyuna.

“alright hyuna we have to go say bye.” Sora tells the little girl.

“hyukki-oppa come visit us more I miss you.” The girl hugs hyukjae, and looks to donghae. “hae hae-oppa come visit with hyukki-oppa next time.” Donghae nods.

At home later in the evening:

“Hey hyukki, running into your sister got me thinking?” donghae begins talking to hyukjae while he sets a movie up.  Donghae managed to talk hyukjae into cuddling in donghae’s room watching a movie tonight. That bet is really the best thing I have done yet! He feels proud of himself.

“that can’t be good. You thinking that is.” Hyukjae makes fun of donghae; donghae sticks his tongue out in return.

“when should we tell our parents about us dating?” donghae stands up and walks over to the bed grabbing the remotes for the movie.

“hmm I don’t think it matters I am sure they will find out eventually.” Hyukjae answers not really seeming to care. “Sora-noona will not say anything if you are worried.”

“not that but what if they are against it? It will be bad if that happens.” Donghae can’t help but worry up until now he did not think about it. Having hyukjae by his side seems natural now so the thought of being separated hurts.

“don’t worry about it for now. That will be pointless.” Hyukjae points out and crawls onto the bed sitting next to donghae. “by the way once the movie ends I am going back to my room I am not sleeping here, got it?”

“yeah, yeah I know.” Donghae smiles as hyukjae moves closer and lies beside him.

They cuddle together and watch the movie, over half way through donghae sees that hyukjae fell asleep his head resting against donghae’s chest arms wrapped around him.

“so much for not sleeping here hyukjae.” Donghae whispers watching hyukjae as he sleeps. He turns off the movie and decides to sleep as well.