Chapter 8

Misunderstandings and Truths

Chapter 8

Donghae enters the apartment carrying hyukjae on his back and sets him on the couch.

"wait here." donghae tells hyukjae then walks to the bathroom. Hyukjae too tired to care just listens.

Donghae comes back with the first aid kit. Donghae noticed earlier that hyukjae lip had been cut he assumed from the previous fight. Dr.Lee was going to look at it but hyukjae said he will do it later he wanted to go home. The doctor then asked donghae to make sure to disinfect the wound because she knew hyukjae would not. Donghae sits next to hyukjae.

"what are you doing?" hyukjae asks.

"Dr.Lee asked me disinfect your wound. So I am" donghae opens the box and grabs the alcohol and some small pads.

"it is fine. don't touch it" hyukjae complains. Donghae sighs.

"It actually looks bad he must have hit you hard. anyway just sit still." He then quickly takes the pad with alcohol on it and puts it against hyukjae's lip.

"ouch." hyukjae pulls back but donghae grabs his face. Hyukjae squirms again when donghae gets closer.

"will you stop moving it is like dealing with a child." donghae complains. Hyukjae just pouts. Donghae then smiles.

“you shouldn’t do that” he laughs “you look too cute”

Hyukjae looks at him shocked”did you just say I look cu-“ he was cut off as donghae pressed the pad to his mouth again. hyukjae winces and pulls away.

“Stop that!” hyukjae whines.

"there done." Donghae smirks.he then packs everything away.

Hyukjae huffs and goes to his room.He falls asleep instantly. Donghae just sat watching TV bored for a few hours he looks at the clock and sees that it is almost 4pm he would still be at soccer practice right now if he was at school. He hears knocking at the door and gets up to answer it. Sungmin stands there smiling with kyuhyun behind him.

"hey donghae we brought hyukjae’s motorcycle back for him. Where is he?" sungmin and kyuhyun walk in past donghae without being invited not that donghae really minds.

"Sleeping he has been since we came back." donghae shuts the door. Sungmin goes to hyukjae's room to check on him.

"is that so?" kyuhyun laughs.

"what?"donghae looks confused.

" you will see?"kyuhyun smirks. Sungmin walks back out of the room.

"are you two always together?" donghae could not help being curious.

"yes why not? you would want to be with your boyfriend as much as possible too right?" kyuhyun says matter-of-factly earning himself a kick in the shin by sungmin. Donghae stares eyes wide.He has no problem with gay people after all he is around heechul and hangeng a lot but he did not think these two were together especially considering how he hears girls always arguing over them.

" Ah! sorry I did not know.."donghae replies sheepishly.

"don't worry no one really does except a very few people." sungmin blushes then glares and kyuhyun for letting it slip."um can you keep this a secret it would cause and uproar if the students knew.We have alot of admirers so it could become crazy"

" He will not say anything besides he likes hyukki-hyung so he wants to be on our good side." kyuhyun smiles as donghae feels his face heat up.

"w-what? w-why would you think that?" donghae can feel his face get hotter. It is true but how did he know I mean wait! no that is not true I do not like him...do I?

"oh come on donghae we saw the way you look at him" sungmin grins." Do not worry we fully support you.You are a good guy. Oh and I doubt hyukki has noticed he is clueless to those sort of things" he smiles.

"should we help you that could be fun."kyuhyun teases.

Just then the door opens to hyukjae's room. Hyukjae stands there half asleep. "you are noisy" he complains.

Sungmin laughs. "Sorry hyukki"

Hyukjae walks over and leans his head against sungmin's shoulder holding his arm. “It’s fine. Why are you here?” sungmin and hyukjae start talking.

Donghae cannot believe what he sees 1-hyukjae looks so adorable he cannot imagine this guy being the one fighting earlier and 2- this is the first time he saw hyukjae actually cling to someone. Kyuhyun snickers at donghae's reaction.

"is that the same hyukjae who is always grumpy and glaring?" donghae whispers to kyuhyun who bursts out laughing." hyung you are great" he whispers between laughs.

Hyukjae looks over and stares at them when kyuhyun starts laughing. Sungmin just sighs and can guess why kyu is laughing by the way donghae is staring. He looks at hyukjae." we will be quiet so go back to sleep come on" sungmin pulls hyukjae with him.When they are out of sight kyuhyun starts speaking.

"hyung let me tell you something good."he starts" you cannot figure out hyukki-hyung right?" donghae nods. He really can't understand that guy.

"the reason for that is because you hear all those rumors about him " kyuhyun continues. "hyukjae is naturally a quiet person and short tempered when it comes to some things but actually his personality ..how to say it..like a child..that is not quite right but close. " kyuhyun thinks. “he is oblivious to things around him and does not care what other’s think also very stubborn.If he does not like something he will not hide his dislike of it.”

"not that I am not grateful for the information, though it is kind of hard to believe, but why are you telling me?"donghae asks.

"because you like him and he has taken a liking to you" sungmin adds in rejoining them."He doesn't like many people because they just want to use him and he knows that."donghae frowns hearing that.

"well that is it for now we are going to leave we have a date."kyuhyun wraps his arm around sungmin's waist and pulls him to the door."keep fighting !" They both say and laugh as they leave.

Donghae just sighs today has been too much. First hyukjae gets in a fight and goes too far next he passes out from a fever then he is told that hyukjae's personality is different then he thinks. Which is the real hyukjae? The aggressive person people dislike? or the stubborn person who does not seem to be affected by things? or the childlike person kyuhyun said he is and that he has seen occasionally?Gah! why do I keep thinking about him? Donghae sighs again and starts making dinner. He had to fight with hyukjae to get him to wake up and eat.Finally donghae won and almost dragged hyukjae from his room. Why am I taking care of him? Donghae asks himself. ’because you like him’. He remembers what sungmin said before. After eating donghae sits next to hyukjae on the couch watching TV.

“shouldn’t you be resting you still have a fever.” Donghae ask not looking away from the TV.

“don’t want to” hyukjae replies staring at the TV. He always has such short answers to everything.Donghae just gives up he cannot force hyukjae to do anything.

After sometime Donghae feels a weight hit his shoulder he looks down to see hyukjae’s head laying there. Hyukjae sound asleep. He cannot help but chuckle.

“so much for not wanting to sleep. You are weird lee hyukjae.” Donghae says out loud to no one.

Hyukjae woke up the next morning feeling back to normal.He walks out of his room deciding to go to the dance studio for practice. Donghae was standing in the kitchen eating breakfast. He smiles.

“Good morning hyukki” he says teasingly.

“don’t call me that!” Hyukjae glares at him.

“aww come on I took care of you when you were sick hyukki~” donghae laughs as he sees hyukjae’s cheeks flush.

“whatever I’m leaving”hyukjae rushes out the door.Leaving a smiling donghae.