Chapter 9

Misunderstandings and Truths

chapter 9

Monday is here again. Donghae managed to talk hyukjae into driving him to school since they woke up late.Which much to donghae's liking hyukjae agreed easily.He wonders if it is hyukjae's way of returning the favor for bringing him home Friday, either way donghae was not about to complain. When they get to school and were getting out of the car donghae sees people staring at him.'what is up with them?' he then looks to hyukjae who seems to be oblivious to the stares and just continues on normally. Donghae decides to do the same and heads to class.Siwon and henry look at him oddly when he comes in with hyukjae.

"did you two come together today?"siwon whispers. Donghae just nods.

"we got up late so I asked him for a ride." donghae informs them.

"and he just agreed I thought he was ignoring you."henry seems shocked.

"not to mention after friday's little incident how can you still trust him?" siwon adds.

"that's right I forgot to ask about that." donghae sighs "and it is not like I think it was ok for him to do that but maybe there was a reason."

Siwon just sighs but before he responds the teacher walks in starting class.

When donghae goes to the cafeteria he sees three familiar looking people sitting at the table.He wondered why the cafeteria seems somewhat noisier now he knows. Smiling he walks over.

"seeing hyukjae here is weird but seeing all three of you is even weirder." donghae laughs as he sits next to kyuhyun.Siwon and henry following also sit at the table.

"well we decided to eat here today for a change of scenery" sungmin smiles.

Kyuhyun leans over and whispers to donghae."If we eat here so will hyukki-hyung."

Donghae, who understands what kyuhyun is saying, just looks astonished. These two were serious when they said they would help.However,a certain somebody at the table is not all too happy about that. Siwon just glares at hyukjae who is busy eating and not paying attention.Donghae catches the man glaring and kicks him under the table. ‘Stop that’ donghae mouths to siwon who just rolls his eyes.

"this feels weird" henry speaks up looking around.sungmin and kyuhyun look at him."not you guys eating here but the fact that everyone is staring at us."

Then as if having not realized until now they all look around.They were definitely being watched but for more than one reason.

"well what do you expect two great-looking and popular student council members are now eating lunch with the hot but delinquent student,and the handsome soccer and basketball players in the cafeteria." kyuhyun grins.

"This table is like the jackpot of hotness" henry adds in.Kyuhyun smirks.

"see he understands what I am saying" kyuhyun and henry then laugh and high five.

"yo what is up" heechul and hangeng join them now taking their seats.

"and the number of people grows"henry jokes as they sit down.

"it is always growing.why are there so many people at this table?"hyukjae mumbles out.

" come on hyukjae you should be happy to have more friends." donghae teases the other causing the latter to glare at him but donghae only smiles.He has become immune to the glares he receives.

"hey hyukjae why don't you join the dance team?"hangeng asks out of nowhere causing a few gasps from the people still watching the table and even a couple at the table.

"I don't want to be at school longer then I have to." hyukjae says flatly. Sungmin frowns slightly which is caught by donghae but he could not figure out why.

"haha he is so honest.I like you kid." heechul laughs. " you may be a little scary but you are amusing." hyukjae just looks confused at heechul."what? I like straight forward people but you should join the team otherwise you are wasting your talents." hyukjae was caught slightly off guard with that.

They continued lunch chatting and joking. Donghae stealing glances at hyukjae who he ended up sitting next to when kyuhyun almost shoved him next to the other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been two months since donghae has lived with hyukjae. Almost a whole month since the incident at school and 2 weeks since hyukjae has hit anyone,which for hyukjae is amazing. Donghae was unsure how it happened exactly but he now goes to shool with hyukjae every day. Some students who dislike hyukjae send glares at donghae for being with him but donghae couldn't care less and hyukjae never cared to begin with. Sungmin and kyuhyun decided to let people know they are dating due to a certain incident involving a very jealous kyuhyun becoming scary as hell, which let’s just say could have ended worse but donghae decided to never get in between sungmin or kyuhyun.Kyuhyun and henry have become the best of friends somehow and even siwon gets along with kyuhyun even though they mostly bicker you can see they are not hateful. Things are going good.

Donghae and hyukjae went to the mall. Donghae begged hyukjae to take him because he does not have a car and the others were busy.

"why did I agree to come?" hyukjae grumbles to himself.

"come on hyukki ,I will take you to eat after."donghae tries to calm hyukjae down. hyukjae just sighs.He does not like big crowds but since he is here might as well deal with it. Donghae drags hyukjae behind him by the wrist.he looks like a kid. hyukjae finds himself smiling slightly watching donghae who has a huge smile on his face like a kid about to get a new toy.

They walk out of the restaurant inside the mall.

“how does someone so damn skinny eat so much?” donghae mumbles.

Hyukjae just rolls his eyes.

“I mean really where does it go?” donghae continues complaining.

Then they hear a familiar voice.

“look who is having a dinner date.” Heechul instantly throws out.

“hyung it is not like that.” Donghae whines his ears burning slightly.

“suuure it’s not, whatever you say donghae.” Heechul enjoys teasing his dongsaeng so much.

Siwon and heechul met them and decided to join them walking around for a bit. Hyukjae was just walking looking around when he sees something more like someone.His eyes fix onto the person and he stops just staring. why is he here?

"hey isn't that Mr.Kim from our first year?" siwon points and heechul looks over.

"yeah looks like him,I thought he moved away." heechul says.

"who is it?" donghae who was not at the school in the beginning of his first year is left clueless.

"oh he was a teacher at school he was awesome a lot of students liked him he taught at my middle school too. He is a younger teacher so he really got along well with the students" siwon informs donghae.

"I'm leaving" hyukjae says tearing his eyes away from the said teacher and starts walking.

"hey wait."donghae goes to follow but siwon stops him.

"that is the teacher he got fired." siwon quickly states sounding upset. Donghae stood there for a moment then looks at the teacher."really?"

"yup that is him." heechul assures. “ he still looks good too” siwon rolls his eyes.

"Lets go say hi maybe he remembers us." siwon suggests.Donghae thinks for a second.I should go after hyukki but he is probably long gone and I can talk to him later. He decides to go with them.

"why not I liked the teacher too"heechul agrees and they walk over.

They went over to the said man and greeted him. He smiles and recognizes them. He is now teaching elsewhere in a city farther away and visiting his family here he tells the students. Donghae catches himself wondering why hyukjae got him fired he seems like a nice guy he would not mind having him as a teacher. After some talking they leave him alone and head home donghae caught a ride with siwon and heechul since his ride left him.

When he arrives home he finds hyukjae in a bad mood playing a game.

"what is wrong?"donghae sits next to hyukjae on the couch.

No answer. Donghae waits a few minutes. Realizing he is not getting an answer he turns to hyukjae.

"you know if something is bothering you tell me I will not tell anyone else." he assures the other who glances at him then back to the TV.

"it's nothing. I don't like that guy" hyukjae answers flatly. Donghae was happy even if it is not much hyukjae answered him honestly. Donghae really wants to know more but figures he will just have to wait until hyukjae tells him.

"right well if you ever need to talk come to me ok?" donghae ruffles hyukjae's hair.Hyukjae was surprised by donghae's action.

"yah! stop that" he complains pushing donghae's hand away.donghae just laughs at hyukjae who pouts.

When can I be honest with you? I think I fell for you Lee hyukjae. Donghae thinks while smiling warmly at the pouting guy in front of him.