Chapter 6

Misunderstandings and Truths

 

It is Monday and Donghae is sitting in class waiting for it to end so he can go to lunch.He sighs then looks over at hyukjae who is sitting listening to music. After the club incident hyukjae thanked him, even though it was not much of a thanks it was still something. Since then donghae has decided maybe he was judging hyukjae too much based on rumors and also decided to try and be friends with hyukjae. However that was much harder then he thought. Donghae sighs again remembering the last few days attempts.

Flashback:

"Hyukjae let's be friends." donghae sits down at the dining room table and looks at hyukjae who is in the kitchen cooking dinner because it is his turn.

"Don't want to" hyukjae replies instantly.

"why not if we are going to keep living together we should try being friends."donghae tries again being stubborn.

"just leave then" hyukjae remarks back.'How uncute' Donghae thinks to himself trying not to get annoyed after all he decided to try his best knowing it would be hard.

"aww don't say that if I leave you will be lonely,right?" donghae teases.

"do you want me to poison your food?" hyukjae says with a straight face looking like he really might do it. 'He wouldn't,would he?' not wanting to take the chance donghae decided to not bother hyukjae while he is cooking their food. Just to be safe.

The Next day: Sunday.

Hyukjae just finished showering and walks into the living room to see donghae playing video games. Donghae sees him and smile.

"Hey why don't you come play with me?" donghae tries nudging the other controller toward hyukjae.

"No." hyukjae just walks to the kitchen and pulls out some strawberry milk from the refrigerator and drinks it. Donghae decides to try a new tactic.

"you are so stubborn you really do not want to be friends with me?" donghae sighs.

Hyukjae glares at him. Donghae admits hyukjae's glares are scary but he decides to hold his ground.

"I go grocery shopping this week right? ahh I might forget to buy strawberry milk since someone will not play this game with me." donghae smirks to himself while staring at the TV.

"Yah! are you threatening me?" hyukjae shouts. Donghae ignores him and keeps playing. He knows he should not make him mad but from what he has noticed the last few weeks with hyukjae is that hyukjae does not actually attack people for no reason. Otherwise he is sure he would have been punched a few times by now.

"fine." hyukjae says sharply and sits next to donghae grabbing the controller pouting. Not wanting to take the off chance that donghae really might not buy it and he does not want to have to go shopping just for one thing it is annoying.  “only one game though jerk and if you forget my milk I will kill you!" he threatens.

Donghae smiles he himself is amazed that tactic works but he is happy he made a break through or so he thought until hyukjae brutally defeated him in the game. Donghae sits wide eyed ,hyukjae just beat him so badly.

 'when was this guy this good at games, not to mention he seems to be taking out some anger, which I assume is aimed towards me' donghae thought.

“why are you good at this game?when do you even play I have never seen you play it.” donghae asks.

“Kyu taught me. Did you think I would lose to you?” hyukjae just smirks then goes to his room.

Flashback end.

There were more attempts but they all seem to fail hyukjae has not gotten any friendlier. The bell rings and class ends. The students start packing and so does donghae.

"hey we have to go meet the basketball coach so we will meet you in the cafeteria." siwon says pointing to himself and henry because they are both on the basketball team.

"alright just come find me when you are done." donghae says and heads to the cafeteria.

After getting his lunch he starts to head to their usual table but stops seeing hyukjae. Donghae has not seen hyukjae in the cafeteria since school started but here he is now sitting alone. 'now that I think of it where does he usually eat.' donghae wonders. Then had an idea.

Hyukjae starts eating his lunch then he hears a plate clatter down next to him.He looks up to see donghae smiling and take a seat.

"what are you doing?" hyukjae asks.

"sitting with you obviously. You looked lonely." donghae replies.

"I'm not so go away." hyukjae says annoyed.

"don't want to." then donghae starts eating.

"you are really annoying" hyukjae says.

as if ignoring that comment donghae starts talking." I have not seen you in here until now. why the change?"

"why should I tell you?" hyukjae says and continues eating.

"because we are friends." donghae says while eating.

"since when? I do not remember agreeing to that."hyukjae looks at him.

"you don't have to I decided it." donghae says stubbornly leaving hyukjae to look at him dumbfounded.Is this guy serious was he always like this? hyukjae thinks but before he could say anything two more plates clatter down.one next to donghae the other on the other side of the table.

"we almost could not find you donghae let us know if you are going to sit somewhere else." siwon complains.

"Hyukjae looked lonely so I sat with him." donghae laughs.

"I said I was not so go away." hyukjae says coldly.

Then two more trays land.Hangeng and heechul just sit down next to henry.

"why did you guys move? "heechul remarks.

"donghae wants to be with hyukjae." henry claims.

"oh so that is how it is hmm?" heechul teases looking at donghae and hyukjae. Hyukjae gives up and is just focusing on his food while donghae blushes slightly.

" not like that hyung sheesh we are just friends" donghae says sternly. we are not friends hyukjae thinks but decides it is pointless to say.

"it starts out as friendship then it grows." heechul smirks enjoying teasing donghae.

After a few minutes two people walk up behind hyukjae.

"well look at this." a voice speaks up from behind hyukjae.

Kyuhyun and sungmin stand there kyuhyun smirking.

"hyung you have so many friends" kyu jokes.

"not my friends" hyukjae says back." don't you have a meeting?"

"we do in a few minutes but we worried about you" sungmin says looking at the group." but look at you being all friendly" he continues laughing.

"It is not funny" hyukjae frowns.

Sungmin looks to the people at the table.

“we did not introduce ourselves properly last time I am sungmin and this is kyuhyun.” Sungmin smiles.It was quiet for a few second then kyuhyun chimes in.

“you are surprised we are friends with him right?” he says looking at hyukjae.

The group nods in unison causing kyuhyun and sungmin to burst out laughing. The others look confused.

“it is so funny to see that reaction.”kyu says laughing.

“sorry but we have to go we just wanted to see who hyukjae was with but since donghae is here I think everything is fine.” sungmin stands up.

“what do you mean?” donghae looks confused.

“He means if hyung has not thrown you out yet he does not completely hate you right hyukjae-hyung? “Kyuhyun grins at hyukjae who just looks away.

“No he just will not leave there is a difference.” Hyukjae clarifies.

“whatever you say” sungmin chuckles.

“Next time we will all eat together.”Sungmin and kyuhyun then leave heading to a student council meeting.   

 Hyukjae remains seated at the table but does not talk just send a few glares at donghae every now and then when he says something to him or nudges him.