Sweet Smiles

Why Are You So Annoying?

The same night, Luhan’s phone rang, interrupting his thoughts. Luhan lazily reaches for his phone right next to him and checks the caller ID, Chanyeol.

Luhan hesitated at first but he managed to answer it and bring it up to his right ear.

“Hello?”

Luhan breathed in air, “Yea, hello Chanyeol, it’s nice of you to call me.”

In the background, Luhan hears some shuffling. Luhan starts to be concern, “Are you okay?”

Chanyeol stood in the line in silence till he found the courage to speak, “I heard you met…my sister.”

Luhan coughs, “Yea, she’s something…irritating.”

Chanyeol forgets the fear crawling up to him and lets out a hearty laugh, “I knew you wouldn’t like her.”

Chanyeol is too afraid that Dara told Luhan his life back then by how he responded but it’s one of the things he loves about Luhan, real.

“So, do you want to meet at the café right next to my college?” Luhan asked.

Chanyeol felt that he knew why Luhan wanted to meet and talk rather than in phone. He feels the same fear crawling up to his neck to choke him. “Yea, I’ll be there in 30 minutes.”

Luhan grins like a teenage girl getting her first call from her boyfriend. “Yea, I’ll see you there.”

Luhan hung up the call and gets his off his bed. Luhan grabs the replica of the keys for the dorm.

Luhan slams his door open only to be greeted with a groaning Sehun while he rubs his head.

“Oh, it’s you.” Luhan said in a dull tone.

Sehun looks up to yell at Luhan but he already left. “!”

 

Chanyeol grabs his car keys and rushes out of his complex towards the elevators. Finally, the elevator door slides open to reveal Chen.

Chanyeol is shock to see Chen here, “What are you doing here Chen? I thought you had work today?”

Chen shrugs, “No, I quitted my job. Are you going somewhere?”

Chanyeol snorts by Chen’s sarcasm. It didn’t even bother him that he’s a sarcastic troll at least coming from is funny but to other people it’s annoying how they exaggerate it but  Chen says it in a calm tone.

“I’m going to meet up with Luhan.”

Chen grins evilly, “Good luck with your date then~”

Chanyeol blushes, “We’re not dating!”

Chen laughs, “Whatever you say~”

Chanyeol brushes past Chen and goes inside an available elevator, even when the door slides shuts, he could still hear Chen’s laughter.

 

Luhan arrived shortly after; he orders his drink and sits down in a random table with the window by the side.

Just then, Chanyeol arrived and noticed immediately where Luhan is seated. He comes straight towards Luhan’s way and sits right across from him.

Luhan looks up from his phone and sees a nervous Chanyeol with a huge smile on his face. Luhan noticed that he came empty handed, no drink. “Don’t you want something to drink?”

Chanyeol’s left eye twitches. His eye always twitches whenever he’s nervous. “I guess.”

Luhan stood up from his seat, “Then tell me what you want and I’ll order it for you.”

Chanyeol feels warm by his kindness, warmth he never felt for a long time. “Thank you, I’ll just have a smoothie, strawberry banana.”

Luhan nods and smiles at him, “Yea, be right back then.”

As Luhan left, Chanyeol felt even more nervous, it’s better talking over the subject as soon as possible then waiting.

Luhan came back with Chanyeol’s smoothie and sits down.

Chayneol opens his mouth but pauses then he started slowly, “I know why you invited me, you wanted to talk about it personally.”

Luhan looks out the window, “Chanyeol, that’s not what I came here for, there’s no need to look into the past, and now is the present.”

Chanyeol fell silent, “Then what do you want to talk about?”

Luhan looks at Chanyeol while he fishes something out of his pocket, “I wanted to invite you with us to a amusement park.” Luhan puts two tickets in front of Chanyeol. “You can bring somebody with you.”

Chanyeol is relieved that Luhan didn’t want to talk about his past. Chanyeol smiles wide, “Wow, thanks.”

Luhan smiles back, “Yea, but hey, don’t worry about it just have the greatest time of your life, enjoy the littlest things.”

Chanyeol grabs the tickets and puts it in his own pockets then he turns to Luhan and gives him the warmest smile, “Thank you Luhan. I promise you that I’ll have a great time!”

Luhan is surprised by how quickly Chanyeol can move on. Luhan’s smile grows wider, “No problem, anything for a friend in need.”

Chanyeol felt warmth once more, spreading throughout his body. Chanyeol blushes and looks at the other way. “You’re my first friend?” It came out as a question.

Luhan chuckles by Chanyeol’s reaction, “Yes, I am and a real friend helps out another friend in need.”

Chanyeol grins, “Best friends then.”

Luhan smiles, “Yea.”

Chanyeol snaps out his daze, “Wait, what time do I meet up with you guys?”

Luhan almost forgotten to tell the date and time to Chanyeol, “It’s on a Saturday, 8am.”

Chanyeol groans, “I hate mornings.”

Luhan nods, “I don’t think anybody does.”

Chanyeol’s stomach growled. Luhan looks up to see an embarrass Chanyeol, clutching his stomach.

Luhan laughs, “What do you want to eat, I’ll order for you.”

Chanyeol shook his head, “No, I’m fine.”

Luhan narrows his eyes at Chanyeol, “You’re stomach doesn’t tell me so.”

Chanyeol blushes again, “Okay, I’ll just have anything.”

Luhan nods, “Okay.”

 

Luhan came back and sits down, “They’ll bring our food over.”

Soon the waiter comes by their table, “Here’s your food.”

Luhan turns toward the waiter, his eyes bulging out, “You work here?!”

Kyungsoo’s eyes are the same as Luhan’s, “Yea… I do.”
 

“You guys know each other?” Chanyeol felt blood boiling in jealousy.

They both turn to Chanyeol and nod their heads at the same time.

Luhan pauses, “Wait, if you’re here then that means…”

“Hey! Kyungsoo! What’s taking you so long!?”

Kai’s head sticks out from the kitchen. “Is that Luhan?!”

Luhan groans as he covers his face with his hands, “Please, not here!”

Chanyeol is confused on who are these people and what is their relation to Luhan.

“Is Luhan the fat who ordered steak and a whole cheesecake?!” Kai shouted then laughed his off.

Kyungsoo sighs, “Sorry Luhan, just ignore him, he’s been an lately.”

Luhan uncovers his face, “How come you guys never told us that you work here?”

Kyungsoo fiddles with his apron, “We just joined.”

Luhan laughs hysterically, “Who the would let Kai be the cook?! I don’t even want to eat this !”

Kai comes out of the kitchen and sticks out his middle finger at Luhan.

Luhan laughs “Go back in there and don’t make me a sandwich!”

“I wasn’t planning on doing that!” Kai shouted back.

Kyungsoo sighs, “Don’t worry, I taught him how to cook.”

Luhan turns to Kyungsoo, “Thank goodness, why don’t you taste it first?”

Kyungsoo grabs Luhan’s fork, “Sure, I guess.”

Kyungsoo tastes the steak Kai made and smiles, “Its fine.”

Luhan still felt unsure but still took a bite with the same fork Kyungsoo used.

Chanyeol felt left out and irritated that some people interrupting Luhan and his quality time.

Luhan stares at Chanyeol, “Aren’t you going to eat?” Chanyeol snaps out of his angry thoughts, “Oh yea.”

Chanyeol realizes that Kyungsoo went back to work.

 

“That was a good meal!”

Chanyeol agrees, “So I’ll see you on Saturday.”

Luhan nods, “Yea and by the way, remember the plan we are going to do?”

Chanyeol nods, “Yea, I know.” Chanyeol said the last part in a low whisper.


YES ANOTHER UPDATE BEFORE I GET BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!! and another essay to await for me. THANK YOU FOR THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS AND OLD ONES!!! anyways it's not much in this chap its kinda boring but the next update wont be boring~ GOOD NIGHT GUYS for me it's night lol so yea