Ledge

Not So Secretly in Love

 

 
~*~ Namjoon ~*~ 
 
Does he know?
"Sure what's up?" I say as calmly as I possibly can. 
"Is there something wrong with my sister?" He puts his hand on my shoulder. 
"Wrong?" I ask.
"Well cause you were staring at her a lot. I thought something happened at the doctors. So nothing happened?" 
"Not at the doctors, she's healed.." 
Can he tell that I'm avoiding the question?
"Okay, just making sure." He smiles and we all fill the game room until our time to shower. 
 
.
.
.
 
About an hour later we are all showered and getting ready to leave the house. 
Two cars. 
Seokjin; Suga, Hoseok, Jeongguk and Jimin. 
JaeHwa; me, and Taehyung. 
I sit in front, obviously. 
"Noona did you see your boyfriend today?" Taehyung asked and leaned forward in between the middle of the front seats. 
"Mmm I'll tell everyone about it later." She smiles and continues driving. 
Smiles?
A few minutes later we're at the restaurant and sitting down.  
When we all got up to get food from the salad bar Hoseok confronts her.
"Noona... Isn't today your 9 month with Hyungsoo?" Hoseok asks her, he says it quietly and I'm the only one close enough to hear it. 
"We broke up today." 
She doesn't even stutter, or tremble as she says it. All that you can see physically is her eyelids slightly drop. 
"Oh, I'm sorry Noona." He leaned over and he calmly  bit her shoulder?
Not hard, lightly, but what? 
She chuckled made a chomping sound with her teeth. 
What?
He left to join the others at the table. 
"What was that?" I asked.
"When we were little we pretended to be dinosaurs, and so when one if us was sad we would bite each others arm or shoulder, it was a form of affection. Now that I think of it it's pretty weird." She chuckled again and we both left to the table.
 
.
.
 
We ate, we talked, and then she made an announcement.
"Guys I have to say something." She started and stood up. 
"Hyungsoo and I broke up today, on our nine month anniversary. I haven't dealt with it emotionally yet, so over the next week or two I might be a little, off, and for that I'm apologizing in advance. Okay! So who wants ice cream?" She said and did one of those closed eyes wide smiles that you see in animes. 
We all just kind of looked at each other and then at Hoseok. 
"Chocolate ice cream?" He asked.
"Whatever ice cream you want~ Let's go now!" she opened her eyes and went to pay. 
"Hyung what do we do?" Jimin asked Hoseok. 
"Just let her deal with it, she's strong, she'll be affected of course but not like a usual girl." 
We all got up and followed her out. 
 
.
.
.
 
At the house she went up to the roof, everyone except Seokjin, Hoseok and I were playing video games. 
"JaeHwa meet coffee noona." Seokjin says sheepishly. 
We look at him and snicker. 
"What did she say?" Hoseok nudges him . 
"That I should confess." 
"She would say that haha" 
"She would?" I asked.
"Yeah. She thinks that even if it's the wrong time, that you should always confess as soon as you're sure of your feelings. So that you wouldn't be hiding anything from that person."
Hmm... 
They talk more and soon everyone trickles upstairs to sleep. 
It's about 2 am.
Her bedroom is shut. 
Maybe she finally came down from the roof, maybe I can go up there now. 
I head up, hoping she's not there. 
Not because I don't want to see her, I do. But because if she's there I'm afraid I'll confess. 
Opening the door and walking to the bench I can already see her. 
She's laying down again, asleep? 
Nope. 
"Oh Namjoon-ah.." She sits up and looks at me and smiles, wiping her eyes.. 
Was she crying?
"Namjoonnie, is it late already?" 
I nod. 
She stretches out her back and stands on the bench, I sit. 
"It's getting dark outside. It's comforting. Is that strange?" She asks as she sits down again. 
"I don't think so, maybe the light is to open, it can make someone feel vulnerable." I say. 
Whoa I'm deep, I should put that in a song. 
"You know I'm really far from home too. I can't describe how lonely I am, I know this isn't a game but at the beginning, when I was without the other members it was scary. I could have gone to college, they always said you're gonna be way better, but I didn't believe them. Honestly, time is all we have." 
Even though that was just emotional word ramble, I should put that in a song too.. 
She looked at me with sad eyes.
Was she sad for me? 
"You have them now, you don't need to be afraid." She put her arm around mine and leaned on my shoulder. 
"When you have people who surround you that you trust, you realize... you'll be fine though anything." I felt her sigh. 
Was she upset about her break up?
" I have to tell-" she stood up and ran to the edge of the roof and jumped up to the ledge. 
"I'm ready Namjoon-ah! I'm ready to let go." She yells as she looks down, her fists clenched. 
 
 
 
 
---------
[A/N I figured I should just upload this part even though it's not done >< sorry about that. I've been so busy but I'll write this weekend I promise! I'm SORRY IT'S SO SHORT AND IT'S SO LATE. I love you guys I promise I'll make it up!!]