Are You Sure

Everything But Normal

 

 

After the three couples reached the arena Su had to leave Yunho's side in order to go in it. Yunho and the other's were kind of worried. After seeing Steph's match with Luna they feared that he might be in danger. Luna was ruthless. Kim Bum was their leader and he could do so much worse. Su wasn't scared though. His sister might have been injured, but she was healed completely now. If she wasn't afraid, neither would he. After the arena changed and the match began it lasted less then ten minutes.

Kim Bum wanted to end the match as fast as possible. He didn't want to injure Su but he also didn't want to make it seem like he cared. So he looked at his surroundings, watched his opponents movements and made sure he hit Su with his strongest attacks. He put up a good fight, unfortunately Kim Bum never let him catch his breath. In the end he lost and was out of the competition.

The next match was between Jae and Sungmin. If Sungmin won he'd go up agaist either Steph or Micky, he might even go against Kim Bum. Which would be unlikely, depending on the way the matches were being played out. Then again it would be the last four so they could mix it up. Same would go if Jae turned out the victor.

This was the first time Sungmin was going against one of their group. It was maddening to wonder whether he would be as aggressive in his match as Luna was when she fought against Steph.

"Good luck," Micky wrapped Jae in a hug and kissed him.

When he let go Jae was beat red. "Thanks," he whispered before he went inside the arena.

Su and Steph both chuckled. Then they began teasing Micky until the match began. It started like all the others. The arena would change, then both competitors would begin to fight. As soon as the arena became different Jae attacked. He wasn't going to drag this battle on. The longer it lasted the slimmer the chances of him winning where. Or more exactly, he just wanted to receive the least amount of damage possible. He'd seen what Su could do with vines and the earth. Sungmin has his same abilities but has trained longer. Which meant that the boy knew how to fight, he might also know some tricks that Su didn't. Similar to how Luna made a wind tornado to cut Steph.

His first strike was a direct hit. Sungmin fumed at not dogging the attack. He motioned towards the water and green vines, heavy with absorbed liquid, shot at Jae like whips. Jae dogged one, hit another with lighting and surrounded himself with it when he noticed three more coming his way. Sungmin glared. He hated missing just as much as he hated not dogging an attack. With a controlled sigh, he switched tactics. Sending three vines to attack Jae, he simultaneously wrapped vines together in order to carry water. Distracted by the attacking vines Jae didn't notice when Sungmin used his other vines to drench him in water. Shocked, not only by the surprise attack but also by his surrounding lightning Jae went down on one knee. He looked up to see a smirking Sungmin coming his way. Vine surrounded him and the whole area. Jae could see that some vines looked thicker than others. When one of the thicker vines managed to hit him, he realized they absorbed more water and hurt really bad when they made contact with his skin. With a wince he managed to dodge the next attack. When he tried to use his lightning to protect himself again Sungmin let out the water being absorbed by the vine out, drenching him in more water and causing him to shock himself.

For five minutes straight it was the same. Jae would dodge, try to use his power to protect himself only to get drenched and shocked. When ever he managed to sent an attack Sungmin protected himself with vines that kept on coming.

I need perfect timing, Jae thought.

He had been watching Sungmin carefully. Right now was the perfect time to counterattack. With a grin Jae powered up. Sungmin let out the water in the vine. Jae got shocked but his lighting didn't go away. He shot it at the ground that had been covered in water as he backed away. The attack reached Sungmin and hit him hard. It traveled at through his body, hitting his feet and legs first. He fell to the ground his a grunt. Taking this chance as an advantage Jae ran straight to him and kicked him with full force. Sungmin when rolling into the lake they were fighting next to. He swam up just in time to see Jae's hands and arms covered in lightning, lightning that was going to hit him any second.

"Jae is the victor," Zeus called in what could be assumed a proud voice.

Jae pulled the unconscious Sungmin out of the water just as the paramedics or healers or whatever came to take him to get healed. After Jae was healed he returned to his friends just in time to hear the next announcement from his father, Poseidon and Hades.

"We have reached the end," Poseidon spoke first. "There are only four people left to fight."

"These are the match ups," Hades declared. "Steph vs. Kim Bum and Jaejoong vs. Yoochun."

"However," Zeus said. "There has been a small change. Instead of the matches happening one after the other. Both matches will happen at the same time."

The crowed gasped.

"Is this new?" Su asked in a whisper. Yunho nodded in answer.

"Why are they changing the rules?" Min wondered.

"Probably to end things faster," Jae suggested trying to listen to everything that was being said.

"How are we going to fight at the same time?" Kim Bum wondered aloud. Being one of the last contestants he was still with the others. Everyone else who had lost was now sitting down on the audience side. Luna was watching over Sungmin and he was left alone. Yunho and the others stayed in order to be with their friends and no one seemed to mind.

"i bet they'll tell us," Steph answered him.

I hope your ready to fight, she sent to him.

He scoffed. Why wouldn't I be.

I don't know, she mused. Scared to fight a girl.

Not likely, he shot back with a chuckle.

"Their dividing the arena," Su's eyes widened in shock.

"Great," Steph sarcastically replied.

"Now if all the contestants would enter the arena," Poseidon motioned towards the four teens.

With a sigh they all walked into the arena. They took their places and waited for the arena change. In less than a second they were transported to a different place.

"Wow," Steph looked at her surroundings.

"Are we in the underworld?" Micky asked from beside her.

Steph gave him a questioning look. "Aren't we supposed to be separated?"

"Yeah," he returned her quizzical stare. He walked towards her only to hit himself on a clear wall.

"I guess we are," she chuckled as she touched the wall and stared at Micky rubbing his head.

"Not funny," he semi-glared.

"It is to me," she laughed again before looking around her again. "I guess I'm off to find my target."

"Good luck," Micky waves at her as he too walks away in search for Jae.

 

~*~

 

"Your awake," Luna looks at Sungmin, who had just started stirring from his slumber.

"My head hurts," he blurted, sitting up.

"I guess they didn't heal you completely," Luna mused.

"Right," he held his throbbing head. "Maybe you should call them over." he suggested.

"Nah," she yawed and stretched. "Serves you right for losing."

"Look whose talking," he shot back, taunting.

Luna growled. "whatever. Get up and lets go."

"Where," he asked, rolling out of the bed and standing up.

"Olympus," she gave him a 'duh' look.

"And Kim Bum?" he asked her as they exited the healing room and walked towards the portal to Olympus.

"Battling that chick," Luna snared in disgust. "Its up to us to get the items while everyone's distracted."

"Cool," Sungmin stretched like a cat. Cracked his knuckles and forgot that his head hurt.

They both stopped at the opening. When the portal opened the jumped in and landed on Olympus.

"Now, if I was an all powerful god where would I hide my precious items?" Luna contemplated.

"How about," Sungmin grinned. "In my home."

Luna returned the smile with a smirk of her own. "Good thinking."

 

~*~

 

"Oomph," Micky hit a tree behind him.

Jae cringed. He didn't mean to hit his boyfriend that hard. However, he wasn't going to go easy on him either.

"Nice shot," Micky countered with a blast of water. It felt like a hose was full blast a few inches from his face. Jae grunted from the force. He looked up to see his boyfriend smirking at him. With a glare Jae shot another bolt of lightning, that fort he life of him, Jae had no idea how Micky managed to deflect. With a grin, Micky shot another skin slicing water attack. Jae rolled away in order to dodge. Only to fall right into one of Micky very carefully laid traps.

"Got ya," Micky closed his hands, trapping Jae in a water bubble.

 

On the other side of the field Steph and Kim Bum were having both a physical and mental battle.

Ok if you don't take this seriously, you'll lose, Steph at him angrily.

I don't really care, he replied nonchalantly.

Steph glared at him. "That's it. I'm going all out." So you better fight back and mean it.

She sent those last words to him before she resumed to attack. It wasn't one of her most powerful attacks but it would have the desired affect. This was a battle and Kim Bum shouldn't be holding back. It didn't matter that his friends weren't watching him. By going easy on her it made her look weak. Steph was anything but weak. If Kim Bum didn't want to use his full strength, she'd make him, one way or the other.

Kim Bum dodged the sparks of lightning coming his way. It was hard though. Steph wasn't like everybody else. She didn't seem to have a specific power that she used often, besides the mind reading. Its true that everybody could use all the other elements, however, they felt most comfortable honing one and making that one the strongest. It was because it was naturally more powerful and useful than trying out the other elements. He had figured that Steph's strongest element was wind. However, she didn't just use that one to her advantage. She used them all. Whether powerful or not she made them work for her, either by combining them with her surroundings or with the other elements. She was very unpredictable.

He dodged to the right in order to dodge the fire ball heading his way. Steph smirked as she used her left hand to trap his legs in ice.

Kim Bum looked down in shock. "When did you learn how to do this?" he asked her.

She grinned before answering. "From your first match with ice girl."

Steph was about to attack him again when she was hit with a blast of water that sent her flying backwards. She shook her head and wiped her face to get the water off. Looking up she saw the ice melt away from Kim Bum's feet. Setting him free. She grimaced. Kim Bun looked at her and sighed before hitting her again with another unsuspecting water attack. Again, she fell back a few feet. Drenched in water she coughed after she managed to get some water in and nose. She could feel the burn. When he attacked again she was ready and dodged while simultaneously sending a ray of lightning at her opponent. It hit Kim Bum straight in the chest and he fell back.

Got you, she taunted in his head.

He grimaced. This was going to take longer than he thought. Kim Bum needed to trap her, like he'd trapped Su and won. But right now she was proving to be quite a problem for him.

 

~*~

 

"Hey I think I found something," Sungmin exclaimed from across the room.

Luna looked up. Sungmin was stranding in front of a picture. He was pointing right at it. At first she couldn't really tell why he would be wasting her time with it, but then she saw it. There was a flicker of light and she knew he was right. Both looking at each other with smiles on their faces they stepped into the painting. It was surreal. As they walked through the corridor they could feel the power. It resonated from the walls, the ceiling and the floor. At the end was of said corridor was what they needed, what they came to find.

"Finally," Luna smiled in satisfaction. Her smile soon turned into a grim line when she realized that they weren't finished yet.

"How do we get them?" Sungmin asked. He looked at each item. Each encased in their own little protective box. Not only that but they were suspended in thin air.

Luna and Sungmin wanted to get this done without tripping an alarm. With the competition taking place and the final matches happening it was the perfect opportunity. They'd located the items now they needed to get them. But how.

"How annoying," Luna grumbled. "Let's get to work, then."

 

~*~

 

Su watched as Jae and Micky beat the crap out of each other. Well it wasn't that bad but still they weren't holding back. He wondered if they'd run out of energy before they could even finish the match. Steph and Kim Bum on the other hand were equally matched. Both of them thought before they attacked. Sometimes they would attack before thinking just to trick each other. A far better match to watch, but again kind of like Micky and Jae's.

"i'll be right back," Su excused himself.

"What's wrong?" Yunho asked with a concerned look.

"Nothing," he smiled. "I feel a little weird. I'm going to talk to one of the healers and see if its anything from the matches."

"I'll come with you," Yunho began to follow him.

Su shook his head. "No. Stay. I want to know everything that happened while I was gone."

Before leaving he kissed Yunho and walked away. He went to the healers as the small pain in his arm continued. When one of the healers came to him, he told them what was wrong and they began to check out his arm. Su could feel it when he was being healed.

So I guess something was wrong with my arm, he thought as he looked around.

There were people milling around. Some of them were previous contestants who were resting from the exhaustion of the match. Other's were there to make sure that everyone was alright. He had a nagging feeling that he was missing something. Su made another sweep of the room and realized why. Sungmin wasn't laying on any one of the beds. Luna was gone too.

"Hey," he asked his healer. "Where are Sungmin and Luna?"

The healer looked up. Made a sweep of his own before answering. "Sungmin woke up and he and Luna left to continue watching the match. Their friend is currently fighting." He went back to looking at Su's arm and healing it.

Su nodded. It was the only thing he could do. He knew that Luna and Sungmin hadn't been at the match. So where could they be. Before he returned he'd have to find them. It was better to keep an eye on them. No telling when they would try and steal the items that the Parks and his adoptive parents wanted. That's when it dawned on Su. Luna and Sungmin could be trying to steal the items now, while everyone was distracted with the fighting competition. He got up in a hurry. Startling the healer working on his arm.

"Where are you going?" the healer asked.

"I have to go," he replied. "I'm in a hurry."

"You need to let me finish healing you," the healer called after him.

"Later." Su shouted.

Su ran all the way to the portal. It was stupid. He was alone, but he had no choice. If he'd gone back to get help he might be to late to stop them. On Olympus he made a run for the room Jae had told them the items were being hidden now. Luna and Sungmin had a head start but if he could get there before them he might be able to do something. When he reached the room he saw the painting. Su was about to run right through it when Luna and Sungmin walked out. They were both caring a bag that had one of he items protruding out of it. There was a small stare down between the three of them. The room froze as they thought of what to do.

Su needed to retrieve the items but Luna and Sungmin needed to take them. In second Luna hit Su with wind but he dodged the attack. Sungmin took advantage of that and began to walk towards the door with Luna behind him. Before he could step through vines surrounded the doorway and attacked him. Both teens turn to look at Su who is standing up facing against them.

"I wanted to fight you," Sungmin smirked and attacked.



 

Wow! How was it guys? Did you like it? What do you think will happen? Things are really getting tough and complicated. Well I can't wait to read what you guys thought about the chapter. I'll try to update the next part soon. Either sometime in the middle of next week or during the weekend. I might end up just updating on the weekends though. I see how things go. You won't want to miss the next chapter people. Bye. Till next time. ^~^