It Was Worth The Risk

Everything But Normal

 

Hey everyone. I know it took forever but I have finally completed the last chapter. I hope that you've enjoyed the fic until now and will put up with one more chapter. So read it now because it is the last chapter of Everything But Normal. ^_^


 

 

After saving Steph from getting hit and falling into the cliff, to her immanent death, Su helped her up while Kim Bum went to talk with Luna. Their conversation was muttered at best and hard to hear. Su didn't care though as he looked to make sure that Steph wasn't as injured as she'd looked when they came to her aid.

"We need to talk," he told her as he motioned with his head towards Kim Bum.

Steph's brown eyes stared into him and Su knew that she had an idea of why they needed to talk about Kim Bum. Her sigh echoed around them which confirmed his thoughts.

Kim Bum was finished talking to Luna. Said girl turned to look at Steph with a look fueled with many emotions. Su and Steph didn't seem to mind though since the intent to kill was gone from her gaze as she stared, giving them another sense of peace.

Micky and Yunho managed to subdue Sungmin. Luna and Kim Bum as well as Su and Steph, who was receiving help from Su, walked to join them. It looked like Yunho and Micky were getting ready to attack their incoming company but with a shake of the head from Su and Steph they lowered their hands and the water and fire dissipated.

"You can let him go," Kim Bum told them as he bent down to be eye leveled with Sungmin. 

"It's alright," Steph told them. "We need to go help Jae and MIn." she began to walk, but almost tripped on her own two feet.

"Not you," Su made her sit on the ground. "Micky and I will go while Yunho takes care of you."

Su kissed Yunho and wrapped him in a hug before going off with Micky to help their other friends. Yunho, still unsure of whether to trust the others or not, kept a good watch on them.

"I don't think they needed to go," Luna said.

"How come?" Steph asked her, she was really tired.

"Look," she pointed at the sky.

Everyone looked up. Without them realizing it the sky had dimmed. It looked like a storm was coming. They all knew who it was though. Zeus was coming and he was pissed, but it wasn't just him. By the coloring of the sky they could tell Hades was with him and he was just as angry.

"Something bad is going to happen," Steph said as she stared at the sky.

"You hear something?" Kim Bum asked her.

She shook her head. "Nah..the affects haven't worn off yet. But they're pissed and well, they're really pissed off..." she let her words hang in the air.

"I guess your right," Yunho watched the sky. "Someone might die."

They turned to look at him. Luna was the one who asked, "You think so?"

He just nodded and stopped looking at the sky. "You feeling better?" he looked down at Steph.

Her clothes were torn here and there. He could see that she had cuts and bruises and she looked worn out.

"Yeah I am...What about the three of you?" she directed her question at Kim Bum, Luna and Sungmin.

"We'll live," Sungmin muttered.

"Lets go then," she got off the ground and began to walk in the general direction the others had gone. Yunho went to her aid since she seemed to be stumbling. not fully recovered. "Thanks."

"My pleasure."

They weren't even close to the others when Steph's mind was bombarded with thoughts and the general feelings that came with those thoughts. Her head was pounding, she bent down and clutched it in her hands willing the pain to go away..for the words to cease coming.

"Steph," Yunho caught her. "You ok?"

"i will be," she muttered through clenched teeth. "Just keep moving."

Yunho picked her up and began to carry her to the others. She would have complained but she was to busy trying to prevent her head from exploding.

"This is getting ugly," Luna commented as they neared the others. "We're to late."

Her words were out there for less than a minute when a flash of lightning struck, blindingly. Followed by that was a wave of fireballs that could bring down more than one building at a time. They picked up the pace, things weren't going to look well once they got there though.

 

~*~

 

Micky and Su stared in shock at what they saw. Before the lightning struck they'd been trying to negotiate with the Parks without getting anywhere. They were intent on revenge and no words could reach them. Jae, Min, Su and Micky were about to attack them when the lighting and fire came out of nowhere. The four of them were left there standing in outer shock. When the lightning and fire subsided Micky felt to the floor. He could see who had gotten hurt. His parent's were officially dead and with them some of their men, the men that had been standing with them. Su saw that although his parents still lived they had gotten injuries as well. But right now he didn't really care, he bent down and gave Micky a comforting hug.

It didn't matter that the Parks had done this. What had mattered was that they were pretty okay parents to Micky. They loved him and never treated him horribly. Although he'd chosen his biological father over his adopted ones it didn't mean he didn't love them and it didn't mean that he wished for them to die the way they had.

Standing up they tried to walk forward, Micky wanted to see their bodies from a closer distance. Jae put his arm up however to stop them. Micky turned and was going to shoot a glare at him when he saw the sadness in his eyes and face. Su saw the look too and transferred Micky to Jae, who'd be able to comfort him more at this point than him.

"They're really dead?" he heard his sisters voice from behind them.

"Steph!" he shouted as he ran to her. He shot Yunho a glare. "Why did you bring her here. She needs to rest."

"She wouldn't listen." was all he told him as he stared into the distance.

Where Yunho had been looking Zeus and Hades appeared. After them came Poseidon, Athena, Ares, Aphrodite and some of the other gods they hadn't really seen at camp. hades and Zeus collected the stolen items and handed them over to the other gods who left with them, probably to return them to Olympus. Zeus turned and stared at each of them. When his gaze fell on Sungmin, Luna and Kim Bum Steph got in his line of vision. Pulling Su and Yunho as well since both were currently helping her. Ignoring them he turned his gaze to the Kim's and the charred bodies of the Parks. Both Hades and him walked towards the injured adults.

"This is what happens when you cross us," Zeus's voice boomed all around. "You shall suffer the same fate as your partners."

"That won't do anything!" Jae shouted at his father.

"He's right," Min agreed. "All your doing is proving that the gods are the kind of beings who punish people with death if they go against them."

"They have no powers and the Parks were the ones who fueled this operation," Micky spoke.

"He's right," Steph entered the conversation. "Besides I won't sit idly by and let you kill them just to make a point."

"Neither will I," Su stood by his sisters decision.

"None of us will let you kill any more of them," Yunho told all the gods not just Zeus and Hades.

The gods stared at them in shock, not enough to show but the teenagers could tell they were all shocked.

"Fine," Zeus turned away. "We'll let them live. We want you back at camp." was all he said before he disappeared with everyone else.

"Steph..Su," Mrs. Kim began to cry as well as started walking towards them.

"Don't even," Su glared. "We saved your lives but that doesn't mean we forgive you."

"Try to stay out of trouble," Steph told them before she turned to the others. "Let's go. I'm tired and want to sleep forever."

They chuckled. "We all could use some rest." They agreed. It wasn't everyday that one fought their enemies, became tolerable of them and saw death as well.

 

~*~

 

One week had passed since the incident at the clearing. Zeus and the other gods decided it would be safer if they kept the six items under lock and key somewhere else. Only the keepers of the items knew where each respected item was. No outsides would ever know their whereabouts again. So the items would be safe again since only six of the gods would know where they were at. Along with the concealment of the items Zeus had put it upon himself to appoint others to figure out if there where any more nullifying liquids out there. The fact that such a weapon was created angered him as well as others. They didn't like the fact that their powers could be rendered useless. So three teams were assembled to find out as much as possible, in order to be ready for any other attack.

Jae believed that his father was being paranoid but he never voiced his opinion on the matter. Kim Bum had already told them that a key ingredient needed to make the nullifying liquid was their blood as well as a couple other things no one would be able to purchase because it was very expensive as well as hard to find. Besides he had other things to worry about, like his boyfriend Micky. His boyfriend who although accepted Poseidon as his biological father was still showing remnants of pain from the death of his adoptive parents. No matter their evil deeds it was fair to say that they had been very good parents to him. So for right now he was going to be as supportive of him until he felt better.

The nullifying liquid aside as well as Micky's sadness going away little by little, everyone was still trying to come to terms with all the news that had been revealed. On the second day when everyone was well rested she'd revealed that she wasn't Athena's daughter and that Kim Bum was her biological brother. It came as a big shock to them because she could really pass off as Athena's daughter. She told them that it would have been an honor to be her daughter but she knew that Luna needed a mother more than her. Steph didn't feel right taking the position that was rightfully so, with her words she'd made Luna actually cry because she'd been such a to her in the past, she'd even tried to kill her more than once. No one really had bad feelings for her though so everything was left in the past, they started with a clean slate as friends.

Su turned out to truly be Aphrodite's son and he offered to share her with Sungmin. Like Steph he realized that Sungmin needed a mother more than him. The Kim's had been great parent's to him and his sister so he didn't mind having to share his biological mother with someone who needed her more. Sungmin had been grateful and Aphrodite seemed happy to gain two sons, losing her baby had her hurt more than the others.

As the days went by they all hung out together at camp. They learned more about each other and Luna, Sungmin and Kim Bum began to seem closer to them. Su, Steph and Micky became closer to them than the others because in a strange way they'd all shared the same parents, although in different ways. 

Currently Su, Micky, Jae and Yunho were playing around in the water. They were acting like children and playing water tag, attacking anyone that was near them even if they weren't playing. Micky kept on cheating though because he kept using his powers. Whenever he used them though Jae would chastise him and now Micky seemed to do it only to mess with his boyfriend. Who stopped nagging at him whenever he got close and kissed any part of his body. Su and Yunho had fun teasing him after it happened so Micky continued to do it.

Steph and Min were off to the side, sitting on a boulder. They were talking about life and about each other. Their conversation ranged to how their life could have been if the kidnapping had never happened. She joked that he wouldn't be able to stand her and they might not be dating or maybe they would have been dating for years now. However, she didn't really mind the kidnapping because if it had never happened she might not have become such good friends with Micky and Su and she wouldn't be Su's sister either. Sometimes things happened for a reason, she was just happy that in the end the truth came to light and they could start being happy together now.

Luna was in the archery range with Athena. Her mom was showing her how to improve her skills in archery as well as other weapons. Athena was teaching her daughter what she would have taught her if she had never been taken. Other times they would just talk. Sometimes it was awkward but they got the hang out if. Poseidon and Aphrodite where with Kim Bum and Sungmin. The two teens were learning combat and control from them. As well as helping them out find other facilities and possible acquaintances of the Parks. Even though they knew the possibility of the nullifying liquid existing somewhere else was small they didn't want to take the chance. They'd helped create it and they where trying to fix their past mistakes.

 

~*~

 

Micky and Su got out of the water and layed on the grass. Steph gave Min a kiss before she got off the boulder and joined them. When she sat down she saw him walk towards Yunho and Jae. The three of them admired them from afar. Su, Micky and Steph did the same to them but they also looked at everything. They saw Luna practicing with her mom, Sungmin and Kim Bum with the other two gods and each other gazing at the people that had become important to them.

"Coming here wasn't bad after all, huh," Steph smirked.

"It wasn't," Micky agreed. Su nodded.

Steph wrapped her arms around their waists and smiled in content.

"I wonder what will happen next year," Su commented as they stared at their friends and lovers.

"I guess we'll have to wait." She replied before getting up and running into Min's arms. Micky and Su met Jae and Yunho halfway. They were happy and they were going to make it last.

 

 


 

Ok guys so that was the last chapter of this fic. Yay I finally wrote it and I'm sorry it took forever. I'm also sorry if its a crappy ending. But I hope you enjoyed it and the ending didn't ruin it for everyone. Well thanks for reading and take care. ^O^