The Scroll

Everything But Normal

 

“Steph is hurt and just woke up, will you hurry up,” Su demanded of the gods as they kept on walking and didn’t seem to stop.

“Sorry,” Athena replies. “Just a little bit more.”

“I’m fine guys,” Steph assured them with a smile that didn’t work as well as it should have since they could still see the pain reflected in her eyes.

“We’re here,” Poseidon called.

When Steph, Su and Micky joined them they noticed that they were next to the river. The three of them sat down and stared at the three gods waiting for them to start talking.

“Do you know about us?” Aphrodite asked earning a nod.

“Well you see in the same year Zeus, Poseidon and Hades had children,” Athena explained.

“A year later Athena, Ares and I had children of our own,” Aphrodite added.

“However not that long after their birth Olympus was attacked,” Athena’s eyes shone with anger at the last part. “When it was over the six of us went to check on our babies to find that three of them were missing.”

“We’re sorry,” was all they could say after hearing that last part.

“We searched for them,” Athena continued to tell them. “We searched for many years but could never find a trace of them.”

“Until now,” the three gods smiled at the three teenagers in front of them.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Micky raised his hands. “You guys think we’re those three children?”

“Yes,” Poseidon answered his son.

“What makes you so sure?” Steph asked them skeptically. It was one thing to make the same guess but another to be so sure of the truth.

“Well it’s pretty obvious,” Athena stared her daughter down. “Your wisdom and strategic skills match my own. Micky’s water ability is a match for that of Poseidon and Junsu’s physical appearance and attraction rivals that of Aphrodite.”

“Well that’s stupid,” Su commented. “Jae is as y as me and he’s Zeus’s son but could well as be Aphrodite’s. The same goes with Min who could be your son Athena.”

“Yes but the issue with that is that I had a daughter not a son and Jae is a year older than Aphrodite’s son,” Athena grinned at him.

“That’s really not the point,” Micky defended Su’s logic.

“Besides we already have parents,” Steph stood behind her friends.

“But they’re not your real parents,” Aphrodite contradicted.

“How do you know?” Su glared at her.

“Our parents loved us and took care of us our whole lives,” Steph said. “They are our parents.”

“Look we don’t mean to offend anyone,” Athena tried to calm them.

“Athena’s right,” Poseidon agreed. “It’s just that after seeing everything and feeling your power we know in our hearts that you’re the ones we have been searching for.”

“We don’t want to force you,” aphrodite tried to make things right. “All we want is to get to know our children and spend time with them.”

“We get I,” Steph replied gaze cast to the water. “But we need time to sort things out.”

“Then we’ll give you time,” Athena told them.

“But…” Aphrodite began to protest when Poseidon stopped her.

“When you’re ready call us here,” he pointed to the water where it began to glow.

“We will,” Micky replied before the three gods disappeared.

“I’m going to take Steph back to the infirmary,” Su told Micky.

“Right,” Micky nodded.

“I’m fine we should talk about this,” Steph suggested.

“No you’re going to rest now,” Su ordered grabbing her good arm and began to pull her away.

“I’ll see you guy in a bit,” Micky called to them as they left.

Once his friends were gone Micky began to undress until he was only in his boxers. He then dived into the water before he came back up for air. Not long after he floated on his back and began to think of the events that transpired not to long ago. The conversation they just had with the gods was unnerving to say the least.

“I’m so confused,” he said aloud not expecting anyone to hear him let alone answer him.

“You shouldn’t be,” Jae stepped out of the shadows.

“Why are you here?” Micky asked secretly preparing himself in case the boy in front of him decided to attack.

“My father told me that when Poseidon’s son disappeared I cried for days,” Jae told him. “He said that the two of us got along so well from the beginning that it seemed like we were connected.”

“And?” Micky got out of the water heading for his clothes.

Jae stared at the boy waling in front of him and felt his words die. In that moment all he saw was Micky and the fact that he was practically in front of him the only thing covering him were his boxers. Shaking his head he looked away before he did something stupid or the boy noticed his stares and continued what he was saying.

“Yuhno, Min and I have always felt like there was a part of us missing,” Jae looked intensely at Micky’s eyes not allowing his own eyes to trace Micky’s body. “When we met the three of you we felt a connection.”

“Yeah right,” Micky scoffed. “If there was a connection then why were you guys jerks?”

“We were scared,” Jae admitted getting closer to MIcky. “Min might have been more jealous though.”

“Why’s that?” Micky asked.

“Min is the son of Ares so he is also a strategist,” Jae told him.

“Yeah we kind of know that already,” MIcky scoffed with a roll of his eyes.

“Well Min was trained by Athena,” Jae smirked at Micky’s surprised glance. “I don’t think Min wants to share Athena since he’s always been her favorite.”

“Which would change when she finally finds her daughter,” Micky summarized.

“Exactly,” Jae smiled at Micky’s brilliance.

“He shouldn’t worry though,” Micky said.

“Wouldn’t you worry?” Jae asked walking even closer.

“No,” Micky answered. “Athena doesn’t seem like the type to reject Min.”

Jae smirked. “You don’t really know the gods.”

“True,” he amended. “But I do know Steph and she’d never let that happen.”

“How can you be so sure?” Jae inquired inches away from Micky now.

Micky leaned in and whispered in Jae’s ear, “That’s the way we are.”

With that he walked away leaving a blushing Jae behind. Jae just stood there watching him leave relishing the shiver that passed through his spine when Micky whispered in his ear.

“,” he cursed. “I feel like jumping him.”

~~~

“What’s going on?” Micky asked when he entered the infirmary and saw that Steph and Su were surrounded by people.

“Hey, Micky,” Steph greeted.

“What’s going on?” he asked again.

“We’re being accused of letting in the Minotaur,” Su answered glaring at everyone.

“That’s bull,” Micky yelled.

“Calm down,” Yuhno told him. “They don’t really have evidence.”

“The fact that this is your first time here and this happens leaves many to wonder,” a man proclaimed.

“I agree,” another figure said.

“Dad?” Yuhno stared at the second man.

“Hey, Yuhno,” Hades replied.

“What are tou doing here dad?” Jae asked coming into the room.

“I came because of the minotaur that entered this camp,” Zeus answered his son.

“He’s being an and blaming us,” Micky was pissed.

“Knock it off Micky,” Steph hit him on the head then winced because she’d used her hurt arm.

“Someone seems to have sense,” Ares entered the room.

“Oh the honor,” Steph said sarcastically.

“Sis,” Su tried not to laugh while Micky couldn’t hold it in.

Everyone in the room stared at the three in amazement since the gods were always respected by everyone.

“Humans,” Hades hissed as an insult.

“What about them?” Su glared.

“Humans have no respect,” Hades replied.

“Better a human than a god who believes themselves better than anyone,” Steph dissed.

“Is that so?” Zeus inquired.

“Yes,” the two stared him down.

“Zeus!” Poseidon, Athena and Aphrodite entered the room.

“What?” he asked.

“Are you harassing our children?” Aphrodite asked with a glint in her eyes.

“Hmm you actually believe that these three are your lost children?” he asked them.

“Yes,” Athena answered.

“Well your children have betrayed us,” Hades scoffed.

“No wonder you’re the ruler of the underworld,” Steph commented.

Hades eyebrow twitched, “What’s that supposed to me?”

“Well you know,” Steph shrugged. “It’s your job to be suspicious. Besides you guys forget the fact that we defeated the thing and it sent me here.”

“Steph’s right,” Min agreed.

“Min your smart,” Ares told his son. “She is too, by getting hurt she makes sure that they aren’t suspects anymore.”

“You’re full of crap,” Su hissed.

“Whatever who cares,” Steph said. “We didn’t even know about your world until we came to this camp. But I’ll tell you this though since I’m a stupid suspect. Before I passed out I heard a voice coming from the outskirts of the maze saying that the stupid Minotaur failed.”

Everyone looked at her in surprise even Micky and Su.

“What?” she looked at Su and Micky and shrugged. “I couldn’t say anything earlier since I was asleep and the second I woke up Poseidon, Athena and Aphrodite wanted to talk to us.”

“We should check it out,” Yuhno suggested not really liking the atmosphere in the room.

“We have a problem,” Hermes entered the room then.

“What is it?” Zeus asked.

“The scroll was taken,” was the reply.

“What scroll?” Su asked.

“Who knows,” Micky shrugged as the adults walked towards the back of the room away from the six teenagers.

“Could it be that scroll?” Jae wondered looking at his father’s expression.

“It looks like it,” Min replied as he noticed his father getting angry.

“What scroll?” Su repeated.

“The scroll that can make Olympus known to the human world,” Yuhno answered him.

“Is that bad?” Su asked not really knowing the danger of that.

“The reason why Olympus was hidden in the first place was because there was a war between the gods and the humans,” Jae explained.

“Oh,” Su let out.

“So you think there will be another war?” Micky asked.

“It’s possible,” Min replied.

“They’re coming back,” Steph motioned towards the adults.

“Who do you work for?” Zeus demanded as he grabbed Micky by the collar of his shirt.

“Put him down,” Steph demanded.

“Answer me,” Zeus ignored her.

PUT HIM DOWN, she yelled inside his head with great force.

“Are you alright Micky?” Su asked when Zeus backed off and let him go.

“I’m fine,” he assured him.

“I’m tired of games,” Hades declared as he began to get surrounded by fire. “Yuhno?” he asked as his son walked in front of Micky, Su and Steph with fire of his own.

“Sorry dad but you guys are being unreasonable,” he said.

“Get out of the way,” Zeus ordered.

“No way,” Jae joined Yuhno with lightning surrounding him.

“You’re going to defy your parents?” Ares asked them.

“Yes,” Min stood next to his friends in defiance.

“Even your children can see what you cannot,” Athena smirked.

Steph yawned.

“Steph needs to rest you should leave,” Micky said.

“We have important matters to discuss,” Zeus said.

“Look Steph, Micky and I never wanted anyone to know about our abilities,” Su said. “We came here because of that letter in the mail.” He glared. “Blame yourselves for us being here.”

“It’s true,” Min agreed. “Besides they didn’t even know about us when they first got here so there is no way they’d know about the scroll or how to let the Minotaur in here.”

“You three need to calm down,” Poseidon told them. “Or deal with us right now.”

“You’re not even sure these kids are actually your children and your siding with them,” Zeus accused.

“You’re letting your hope for finding your kids to cloud your judgment,” Ares told them.

“Your letting your stupidity to cloud yours,” Steph spat, she was really tired and getting grumpy.

“Steph rest,” Micky told her. “We’ll deal with this.”

“No way,” she disagreed. “You’ll need me with him around,” she pointed at Ares.

“That’s what Changmin is for,” Su explained.

She sighed, “Fine.” Then turned to look at Min. “Defend them or else you’ll be sorry.”

“I will,” he actually grinned at her despite the threat.

“There’s no need for that,” Hera walked into the room.

“What are you doing here?” Zeus asked.

“I’m here to try and save your image,” she smirked at him. “This symbol was found in the room where the scroll was kept.”

All six gods looked at the symbol, one by one their eyes became wide as they stare at the diagram.

“This can’t be possible,” Aphrodite shook her head.

“Hey I’ve seen that before,” Su exclaimed as he caught a glimpse of the symbol.

“Where?” Ares demanded as suspicions were raised again.

“Our school,” Steph answered for her brother.

“Your school?” the gods were confused.

“Yeah,” Micky got closer to the symbol. “There’s a basement at school that has that diagram above the door.”

“A door that can’t be opened,” Steph concluded.

“Hmm,” Zeus thought. “ The six of you get some rest,” he ordered Jae, Micky, Steph, Min, Yuhno and Su. “Tomorrow we’ll talk about this.”

“But what about the scroll?” Steph asked before she began to yawn again.

“We still have time before it can be used,” Zeus said before all the gods disappeared.

“What’s with the disappearing act?” Micky glared at the now empty space left by the gods.

“Who cares,” Su said. “I want to know what he meant when he said we still had time.”

“Well you need a couple of things before the scroll will work,” Min explained.

“Like?” Steph inquired.

“A special chalice made of gold, Poseidon’s trident, Zeus’s special lightning bolt, Athena’s shield, Aegis, one of Ares’s weapons and fire from the underworld,” Jae recited.

Micky whistled, “That’s a lot of stuff.”

“Yeah and hard to come by,” Yuhno said.

“Don’t underestimate these people,” everyone looked at Steph as she stared back. “They got the scroll so they’re not stupid.”

“These will be harder to come by,” Jae assured them.

“Hopefully,” Steph mumbled as she drifted off to sleep.

Micky and Su laid down on the beds next to hers and followed her to dreamland. Jae. Min and Yuhno stared at them before they took over three empty beds and fell asleep as well.


So here was the next update in the fic. I hope you liked this one because I believe it was the longest chapter I’ve written so far and probably the last. Didn’t have time to look for errors so I’m sorry if you find any. I really hope you enjoyed this. ^_^