The Invitation

Everything But Normal

The Invitation

“Hey Micky will you get out of the water already,” Steph shouted at the boy who was still underwater.

“Oh come on it’s not like anything will happen to me,” he came out from being under the water.

“It’s not that,” Junsu said. “If people notice that you have been under there for more than seven minutes they’ll freak out.”

“Yeah I know,” Micky walked towards the stairs and get out. Once next to his friends he decided that it would be fun to get them wet.

“You better not do what I think you are,” Steph threatened to late because at that moment Micky was between her and Su and he began to shake the water off of him getting his two friends wet. They both screeched and tried to get away from him without slipping on the wet floor.

“I’m going to kill you Micky,” Junsu threatened from behind a chair.

“Come here and say that to my face,” Micky grinned at him knowing that Su wouldn’t get near him again until he was dry. Being aware of Su only at the moment he didn’t notice a smirking Steph get near him, before he knew it he was back in the water.

“,” he cursed as he came back to the surface and began to cough since he had swallowed water on his way into the pool.

Su and Steph laughed at him. “Serves you right for being a jerk.”

“Says the girl who almost killed me,” Micky shot back.

“Oh please like you could die from going into the water,” Su scoffed.

“Su’s right,” Steph agreed. “Now get out. Su and I promised our parents that we’d be home early to wish them good luck on their trip.”

“Well I was out but a devil came and pushed me back in,” Micky teased and Steph huffed at the fact that someone referred to her as a devil.

“That wasn’t very nice,” Su scolded as Steph walked away from the boys.

“She’ll be fine,” Micky said. “Besides she knows I’m just playing.”

As Steph and Su waited for Micky to be done changing a group of girls neared them. Steph recognized them as Micky’s fan club and tried really hard to make it so they wouldn’t notice her. It’s not that she was afraid of them it was quite the opposite actually. With these girls it seemed that the more she ignored them the more they seemed to bug and annoy her.

“Hi Su,” one of the girls batted her eyes at him trying to be flirtatious and cute but failing miserably.

“Hey,” Su replied trying to be polite. “And please don’t call me Su.”

“Yeah you might pollute the name,” came out of Steph’s mouth before she could help it.

“I wouldn’t be talking if I were you ,” the girl’s sweet demeanor was now gone. “Your presence not only pollutes the air but the beautiful image that is Yoochun and Junsu.”

“Just because you guys think Su and Micky are dating and I’m just a third wheel doesn’t mean it’s true,” Steph rolled her eyes earning a glare from all of them.

“No one asked you,” their leader scoffed and beckoned her little group to follow her. “Bye Junsu.”

Su didn’t really feel like saying bye back but felt like he should so he did. Then he looked at Steph whose posture had gone from being stiff to relaxed. Being around those girls really stressed her out and not only her Micky and him too, it annoyed them both that they treated his sister in such a bad way and that they thought that he was dating Micky when it wasn’t true.

“What’s with the glum faces?” Micky asked as he stepped out of the locker room.

“You just missed a fan party,” Steph pretended to be cheerful.

“Damn they’re here,” Micky looked around he didn’t feel like dealing with the fan club right now.

“You just missed them,” Su assured him. “Good thing we’re leaving so we don’t have to deal with their stuff.”

“Yeah and good thing school let out cuz I couldn’t deal with their bull any longer,” Steph began to walk towards the exit and Su and Micky followed her.

Once outside they got into Steph’s car and drove off to drop off Micky at his house. After saying goodbye they departed and practically went over the speed limit in their attempt to get home before their parents left. As they neared their home they saw their parents getting into the car, Steph didn’t even park her car right as Su and she flew out of the car to stop their parents.

“I hope you’re not planning on leaving the car like that?’ her father chuckled.

She grinned, “It looks good doesn’t it.” She admired her bad parking.

Both her parents laughed at that. “Please behave.”

“We always do,” Su and Steph answered at the same time.

“Yeah of course you do,” their mother said sarcastically.

They mocked being hurt and then Su asked, “When don’t we behave?”

“How about the time the two of you along with Yoochun sneaked into the closed public pool,” their father said.

“Or that time the three of you thought it would be funny to call your history teacher and pretend to be a really hot interested Russian lady,” their mom joined in.

“There was also the time you “forgot” that that same history teacher was allergic to strawberries and made him a cake with strawberries blended into the cake,” their father continued.

“Okay okay,” they both raised their arms to stop them from continuing. “Except for those few times we are angels.” They smiled angelically to their parents.

“That stopped working on us when you were six and put itching powder on the lady who thought it would be cute to dress the two of you up as husband and wife and reenact her weeding,” their parents shook their heads at them while Steph and Su shivered at the horrible memory.

“Don’t remind us of that,” Steph tried suppressing the memory.

“It was horrible,” Su continued shivering. “I don’t know how you guys could let her do that to your children.”

Mr. and Mrs. Kim laughed at their children’s antics. “Just try to behave. We don’t want to receive calls that you sent someone to the hospital again.”

“Hey that time Ms. H was sent to the hospital was Micky’s fault,” Steph defended herself and Su.

“Yeah but it was also her fault for getting Micky in trouble when it was clear that her son was the one that damaged that wall,” Su agreed.

“Also if she had been watching where she was going she wouldn’t have slipped on the water,” Steph said matter-a-factly.

Again they shook their heads before wrapping their children in their arms. They bid their goodbyes and then separated.

“By the way there came an invitation for the two of you in the mail,” Mrs. Kim told her son and daughter as she got in the car. “It seemed like some kind of camp invitation so if you want to go you have our permission.”

Steph and Su smirked, “You’re just hoping that if we go we’ll stay out of trouble.”

“Sometimes you’re too smart for you own good,” Mrs. Kim smiled at her daughter.

“My smartness keeps Su, Micky and I out of much trouble,” Steph replied. It was true after all they’d done so many things that if it wasn’t for her quick planning and strategy skills they would have gotten caught and would be in so much trouble.

After saying goodbye for the last time their parents finally left. Su went inside while Steph went back to her car so she could park it right. When she was done she went inside and saw that Su was looking at an envelope.

“Is that the invitation?” she asked him.

“Yeah,” he replied. “Should I open it?”

“Sure,” she said.

Dear Kim Junsu and Kim Steph we are happy to inform you that you have been chosen to attend our camp. We would love it greatly if you could come and show off your special skills…

“Special skills?” Steph and Su looked at each other.

“You don’t think people know about our powers do you?” he asked her worried.

“No,” Steph replied. “We’ve made sure to keep it secret so I don’t think anybody else could know. Let’s continue reading.”

This camp will allow you to interact with other people who are just as gifted as the two of you. Here at camp Eternal you’ll be able to do so many things like swimming, hiking and all those other things that are fun to do at camp. There are counselors here who you can talk to if you need to but other than that you can choose to do whatever you want while here. This is a place where you can have fun and learn things you would never learn in the outside world.

“Hey look there’s a pamphlet here,” Su said. “It looks like we can learn how to fight here.” His eyes widened in surprise since people don’t usually learn something like fighting at a camp.

“Will teach archery,” Steph read over Su’s shoulder. “I think we should go.”

“You serious?” Su looked at his sister.

She grinned. “Why not I think it’ll be fun.”

“Dude it says they teach fighting what if people there want to pick fights with us?” he asked not liking the idea.

“Hello…We know how to fight so it doesn’t matter,” she rolled her eyes. “Besides with your iness I bet people will fight for you instead of against you.”

Su blushed, “You’re my sister you’re not supposed to say that it sounds weird.”

Steph pushed him, “Whatever it’s not like we’re blood related anyway, besides you like it when Micky and I compliment you.”

“Speaking of Micky do you think he got one too?” Su asked looking at the camp invitation.

“He could have, let’s call him,” Steph took her phone out and called Micky.

Over at the Park residence Micky was busy laying on his bed playing video games. He was having an interesting time killing zombies for the heck of it when his phone rang.

“Sup,” he replied as he tried not to get killed.

“Dude did you receive a camp invitation in the mail?” Steph asked on the other line.

“Huh?” Micky asked not really paying attention. “Shoot I’m about to die.”

“Park Yoochun are you even listening to me!” Steph yelled on the other end making Micky cringe since he hated when Su and her called him anything but Micky.

“I’m listening,” he put the controller down since he was dead and the other players were too busy trying to stay alive to bother and revive him. “Did you miss me already we just saw each other not that long ago.”

He could practically see Steph roll her eyes at his comment, “You wish. Did you receive a camp invitation in the mail?’ she repeated her question.

Micky thought about it, “Something from some camp called Eternal?”

“Yeah that’s the one,” Su exclaimed.

“Am I on speaker?” Micky asked.

“Yup,” Steph and Su both answered.

“So are you going?” Su asked.

“Nope,” Micky replied.

“What! Why not?” they both asked.

Micky looked at his phone like the people on the other line were crazy, “This summer I only want to be with the two of you. Why would I want to go to a camp and interact with other people?”

“But that’s the beauty of it Micky you don’t have to interact with anyone unless you want to,” Su said. “Besides we can have a lot of fun together at the camp.”

Steph thought about the perfect way to hook Micky into the idea of going when it hit her. “You know if we go to this thing there is no way we’ll have to suffer through the horrors of your fan club.”

Micky became quiet and Steph knew she had him. He sighed before answering. “Fine I’ll go but this place better not be a pain.”

“Awesome!” Steph and Su cheered. “We’ll pick you up tomorrow at your place at eight so be ready.”

“Aye aye captain,” he hung up his phone and began to pack. Both Kim’s did the same thing, they couldn’t wait until tomorrow.

~~~

“So were the invitations sent to everyone?” Jae asked.

“Yep they were,” Min answered.

“Dude I can’t believe we have to go to this camp too,” Yuhno scoffed.

“It can’t be that bad we used to go when we were kids,” Min said.

“Whatever I just want to train,” Jae said. “I hope there are challenging people there this time.”

“Why do you always want to fight?” Min asked even though he already knew the answer.

“Cuz its fun,” Jae’s eyes gleamed. “I heard that they found these kids who don’t know anything about being gods.”

“You’re kidding?” Yuhno was surprised.

“Yep can’t wait to see how pathetic they are,” Jae sneered. “After all they won’t know a thing besides whatever they learned about us in school.”

“I don’t even know why they allowed them to attend,” Yuhno wondered. “Everyone who comes to camp has been here at least once before the age of seven. No one has ever been here for the first time in their teens.”

“Well I guess we’ll find out what’s so important about them when they get here,” Min’s comment ended the conversation.


So what do you guys think of the first chapter? Was it good, horrible or in the middle? Leave comments and tell me what you think. ^_^