Processing

Everything But Normal

 

When they got back to the camp Micky separated from the group. At the moment all he wanted was to be alone so he could try to understand what had just happened. He was really grateful to Steph and Su for letting him go without a word. Micky wasn’t sure he’d be able to leave their side if they decided to say something comforting to him. Which is why at that very moment he was currently reaching the river; water always seemed to calm him.

Sitting there listening to the waves rock back and forth helped to calm his beating heart and his overflowing thoughts. The only thing that kept on going through his head was that the parents he loved throughout his whole life had kidnapped him as a baby. To make matters worse they were intent on pinning him against his real father and wanted to use his friends in their dirty schemes.

“Hey,” Jae called out from behind him.

“Jae,” Micky gave a nod of acknowledgment.

“You ok?” he asked looking at the way Micky slouched as he sat on a boulder.

Micky gave a not so happy chuckle, “I feel like .”

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Jae tried again.

“I kind of came to be alone and you being here watching me drown in my own pool of pathetic isn’t helping.” Micky replied harshly.

“If you wanted me to leave you could have just said it,” Jae whispered. “I should have listened to Su when he told me not to come.”

“Then why didn’t you?” Micky shot at him with anger.

“Because I thought I could help you,” Jae yelled back at him. “I actually believed that my instincts were right and you needed me but I guess I was wrong.” With that he began to walk away until he was stopped by arms that wrapped around his waist from behind.

“Micky?” Jae chocked out through his dried up mouth.

“Shut up,” Micky whispered in his ear. “Just shut up.”

Jae did what was asked of him as he felt tears on the back of his neck. He wanted to turn around and wrap his own arms around the boy behind him but decided against it. There was a reason why Micky grabbed him when he turned around otherwise he would have held him when Jae was looking right at him. All he could assume was that Micky didn’t want Jae to see him cry, he didn’t want him to look at him at such a weakened state.

~~~

“Do you think it was okay to let him go?” Su asked his sister who was staring up at the sky.

Steph stopped looking at the stars and turned to look at Su. “Micky needs Jae more than he needs us right now.”

Su pouted at her words, “Micky is ours though.”

Steph smiled at her pouting brother and ruffled his hair. “Sometimes the things that belong to us need to be shared.”

“Does that mean I have to share you?” he asked looking at her intently.

Steph chuckled, “You’ve been sharing me with Micky forever. Why are you asking me this now?”

“I’ve never had to share you with someone who didn’t belong to me also,” was his response.

“Su no matter what happens you will always be special to Micky and me so don’t forget it,” she hugged her brother.

“Do you think mom and dad are in it too?” Su whispered against her hug.

“I don’t know Su,” Steph whispered back. “I really don’t know.”

~~~

“They don’t look so good,” Yuhno pointed out to Min as he saw Steph and Su holding each other like there was no tomorrow.

“I can tell,” Min replied. “Seems normal considering everything that they learned.”

“You think they regret going there?” Yuhno asked him.

“Maybe,” Min answered. “But I just don’t really know. They seem like the type of people who would take on the truth whether it be good or bad.”

“Yeah but they also seem like they could be hurt easily,” Yuhno stated.

“Yeah,” Min agreed. “Probably the reason why the three of them are so close.”

“They’re closeness protects them,” Yuhno elaborated.

“A little too much maybe,” Min said.

“Jealous?” Yuhno teased.

Min glared at him. “Not really in the mood for your jokes.”

“Neither are we,” Hades said from behind them.

“Dad,” Yuhno said.

“We had a little surprise today,” Zeus spoke. “When we came to speak to you the six of you were gone. Missing from the camp.”

“Would you mind explaining,” Ares demanded of his son.

“It wasn’t their fault,” Su and Steph came to defend them.

“Really and whose fault was it?” Hades raised an eyebrow.

“We were to blame,” Micky said as he walked to where they were at followed by Jae.

“Why does that not surprise me,” Hades sneered.

“Let me guess the three of you tried to leave the camp but our children went after you,” Zeus said.

“No,” Su glared. “The six of us went to the basement of our school to try and see if we could open the door.”

“With Min and Steph working together we managed to figure out how to get it open,” Yuhno added.

“We also found out something really important,” Jae included looking at Micky’s saddened face.

“What did you find out?” Zeus asked his son.

“We found out that my parents were behind the kidnapping that happened here so many years ago,” Micky replied with a tight voice.

“They want to use Micky, Su and Steph to get the items needed to activate the scroll,” Jae added.

“Hmm,” Zeus looked at the six teenagers in front of him. “Hades, Ares I want the two of you to take Micky, Steph and Su and make sure they can’t leave the camp.” He commanded.

“Are we prisoners now?” Steph asked with a glare.

“Until we can make sure the three of you can be trusted you will be prisoners,” Zeus agreed.

“What if we refuse?” Micky challenged.

“We will fight and make sure the three of you aren’t threats,” Hades threatened.

“That’s fine with us,” Stpeh replied getting ready. “Just don’t cry when we beat you.”

“Insolent child,” Zeus roared shooting lightning at Steph, Micky and Su.

His shot never connected though when it was stopped somebody else’s lightning. Jae stood next to Micky prepared for another attack from his father. Zeus on the other hand stared wide eyed at his son; this was the second time in his life that his son had dared to go against him.

“Jae what is the meaning of this?” Zeus demanded.

“Sorry father,” Jae spat. “But I can’t allow you to hurt my friends. You’re punishing them for something they haven’t done. Can’t you see that the three of them are suffering after learning that people they trusted betrayed them?”

Zeus looked at Micky, Steph and Su for the first time that day. Behind the rebellion in their eyes he could see the hurt that they were trying to hide at the moment from the gods. He sighed. It’s not like he was trying to be a horrible person to these three kids. It was just hard for him to let them go just like that, they were to much a part of their enemy to set them free. At the moment one mistake from him and the enemy could get the best of them. He had to let go of his heart at the moment so he could protect everyone even if that meant imprisoning them. It was always better to imprison someone who was not guilty than to make the mistake of setting someone guilty free.

“I’m sorry Jae but they are too close to the enemy to trust them,” Zeus proceeded to attack again.

Micky sighed. “You guys are impossible. Fine I don’t care you can take me prisoner if you want but you have to let my friends go since they have nothing to do with my parents.”

“That is quite noble of you,” Ares commented.

“Noble my ,” Su kicked Micky on the knee.

“Ignore Micky,’ Steph gave them a fake smile. “He loses it sometimes.”

“Yeah Micky is crazy,” Su said. “There’s no way you can separate the three of us.”

“Are you guy’s stupid?” Micky hissed. “Trying to help you guys out here and you’re making things worse.”

“No we’re not,” Steph grinned at him.

“Sis is right,” Su nodded. “If you continue being stupid we’re going to lock you in a closet and you won’t be able to get free because you’ll be tied up.”

“With tape preventing you from yelling out,” Steph added earning a nod from Su.

“You guys are impossible,” Micky sighed exasperated.

Min and Yuhno were just staring at the whole conversation with amused eyes. They were in the background trying really hard to contain their fits of laughter and failing miserably.

“Hmm for some reason I can actually picture you doing this,” Poseidon entered the room.

“Well I don’t have to picture it they’ve done it before,” Micky informed everyone.

“Well you better listen to them shouldn’t you?” Athena joined the group with Aphrodite behind her.

“Why are the three of you here?” Zeus asked.

“Intervention,” Poseidon replied.

“You need to start listening Zeus,” Athena said. “Leave our children be. They have nothing to do with the scroll.”

“On the contrary,” Ares disagreed.

“That’s enough out of you,” Athena glared at him. “We have all the information we need to prove that they are innocent. They shouldn’t be punished because they were kidnapped as babies by bad people.”

“Athena is right,” Min joined into the conversation. “The doubts should be put aside so we can figure out how to prevent the scroll from being activated.”

“We have that under control,” Hades waved the words away.

“No we don’t,” Jae yelled. Everyone looked at him surprised.

“We need to protect the items needed to activate the scroll,” he said. “These people are knowledgeable of us so it’s very possible that they know where and how to get each item. Let go of your pride and deal with the threat now. Or else this time we may lose more than just three children.”

Jae caught his breath after he was done saying all this. It was one of the first times he spoke against his father like this. It was actually one of the first times he had the courage to say what he thought in front of his father and it made him happy.

“Jae is right we need to prepare,” Aphrodite agreed smiling at the boy.

“Fine,” Zeus relented. “Jae and Micky will watch over the trident and my lightning bolt, Yuhno and Junsu will watch over the fire from the underworld and the chalice made of gold and finally Min and Steph will protect Athena’s shield and Ares’s weapon.”

“So you trust us now?” Steph asked not really believing that he had a change of heart.

“We trust you enough,” he replied. “But just to be sure we will check up on you guys now and then.”

“Of course,” she muttered and Micky and Su rolled their eyes.


How was this latest chapter? Did you guys like this? I hope you did. In the next few chapters they’ll be divided into teams as you may have guessed. Expect more couple moments in the next chapters. ^O^