Giving the heart a chance to beat

Mythology in the Modern World

The shone brightly and Leeteuk happily prepares breakfast for them. Heechul joined her and she saw the ring of light surrounding Leeteuk.

“you’re blooming today..”

Leeteuk blushed as she handed Heechul the plate of pancakes.

“we’re going to the park today.. Luna and Victoria will be performing today with the rest of the Music Department”

“really? I won’t go.. I have afeeling that Luna and Victoria would be introducing their boyfriends and I’ll be left feeling really jealous and hurt.”

Leeteuk frowns as Heechul took a bite of the pancake.

“Heechul..”

Leeteuk started and Heechul looked at her with teary eyes.

“Don’t worry about me, enjoy yourself. We’ll never know when Changmin comes to Earth and forces us to leave. You should cherish this moment while you can.”

“the same goes for you..”

They both smiled at each other and ate their breakfast in silence. An hour later, Heechul opened the door and welcomed Kangin and Hangeng inside. She hugged Kangin who was surprised but embraced her tighter.

“I’m so happy for you.. just don’t hurt Teukie or else..”

Heechul muttered and Kangin whispered in reply.

“I also want you to have your happy story.. don’t give up.”

They both smiled and Hangeng can see bitterness in heechul’s alluring smile. Leeteuk then came to meet them, dressed in casually for the occasion. The three went to the door and Kangin was surprised to see Heechul staying.

“You’re not coming?”

Kangin asked and Heechul shook her head.

“I’ll have some things to finish. I have to work on them. Don’t mind me and just enjoy yourselves.”

Heechul waved and they all went out of the door. Heechul sighed and returned to her room where pieces of cloth lie scattered on the floor. She sighed once more as she picks up the littered cloths and arranging it on a basket beside her drawing table. She then looked at her drawings and welled up as she stares at the shirt designs he did for Hangeng. There are now around a dozen designs and ten of them are complete; folded and kept in her drawer since she doesn’t have the heart to give it to him.

The three walked to the park, Kangin held Leeteuk’s hands while walking. Hangeng trailed behind them, thinking hard about certain things. He stopped walking as a realization hit him. he called out for the two.

“kangin, Leeteuk.. I need to go get something I left.. You two have fun”

HE then rushed back home. Leeteuk wanted to stop him but Kangin had a feeling that that something is in fact Heechul. The two went their way as they both hope everything will work out just as they wished for.

Hangeng runs as fast as he could and ended up facing the door where his mind, heart and body took him. He hesitated for a while before knocking with all his strength. The door opened and he saw what he left: his other half.

“oh, Hangeng-shi what seemed to be the problem? Did Leeteuk forgot something?”

Hangeng shook his head and Heechul saw him panting.

“oh, please come in.”

Heechul then took out a glass of water and handed it to him. Their fingers touch and Heechul quickly removed her hands on the glass.

“is everything ok?”

Heechul asked but hangeng did not reply, he was staring at her that made her feel very uncomfortable. She then walks out to the kitchen but Hangeng stopped her.

“They are both ok, but we’re not. I don’t understand why you hate me so much that you always avoided me.”

Heechul’s heart break at those words, how can he say she hated him? HEechul turned to face hangeng and muttered.

“How can I hate you when I love you?”

Hangeng was surprised with her reply and Heechul runs to her room to shed the tears she had hoped would never ever come again. Hangeng stood there for a while, recalling the words that were muttered… Was it really what he heard? Does Heechul love him?

Hangeng knocks on the door and entered slowly. Hangeng can see her sitting on her bed crying. Hangeng approached her and sat beside her. He lifted her face to meet his gaze and he wiped the tears falling mercilessly from her eyes.

“You shouldn’t shed tears for worthless guys. Your tears are so precious, your beauty is priceless.”

Heechul stared at him, her vision blurred by the tears and next thing she knew, she felt his warm lips on her. This was probably the best time in her life, she closed her eyes as Hangeng deepened the kiss more, and she found herself lying on her bed.

They didn’t need any words nor permission as Hangeng claimed every inch of her body, devouring her delicious beauty. And they become one, in mind, body, heart and soul. Heechul shed tears yet this was different: it’s not of heartache but of love per se. Light peeped through the curtains and sweat covered bodies glimmered in the rays. Hangeng touches her soft hair and stares into her eyes as he mutters 我爱你. Heechul knows those familiar words despite the language. She kissed him as love overflows from her body, transferring them to Hangeng. She then mutters 사랑해. Hangeng smiled and kissed her back and made her feel loved as he moves. Their hearts beat at the same time creating rhythm for them to enjoy. Pleasure, pain, torture, relief, call it what you want but for them it was Love that made them as one.

Hangeng brushes her hair as Heechul rested her head on his bare chest.

“Chulie…”

“hmmm…”

“I love you..”
Hangeng muttered and Heechul smiled and crawled up to him and kiss him.

“I love you too!”

Hangeng loved to see her happily smile and he knws now that that smile of hers is only for him. Hangeng then stood up and picked up his clothes. Heechul then got something from her closet and handed it to Hangeng.

“I made it myself”

Heechul smiled as Hangeng took the shirt Heechul made. It was a plain white polo with embroidered details. Hangeng wore it and it fitted his body perfectly.

“How did you..”

“ I don’t know.. I just made it..”

Hangeng wrapped his arms around her and kissed her yet again.

“thank you.”

---…---

“Do you think they’ll be ok?”

Kangin asked and Leeteuk kissed him before answering.

“maybe this can answer your question.”

Leeteuk pointed to the couple walking hand in hand towards them. Kangin’s eyes widened and soon he smiled as the couple came closer. Leeteuk runs to Heechul and hugged her.

“I know you can do it”

Heechul blushed as she hugged Leeteuk. Kangin patted hangeng at his back and complimented his shirt.

“Nice one.. even matches Heechul’s dress.”

“she made them both..”

“ahh..”

They made their way to the back stage to wish Luna and Victoria good luck. They found them and the two hugged their unnies. Leeteuk and Heechul introduced Kangin and Hangeng. The two congratulated their unnies and thanked them before they go on stage.

The four settled themselves on a reserved seat for them and saw Yunho, Xander, Sunny and Nickhun. The two girls gasped as they took their seat. The show started and everyone in the music department gave splendid performances. When a chubby guy named Shindong performed, Sunny applauded and cheered for him that everyone was surprised.

“By any chance, did you or did you not shot an arrow on Sunny’s heart?”

Heechul asked Xander and he just smiled as a response. Heechul frowned at him.

“I’ll get you if their children would look like him!”

Xander retreated.

“nope.. I did nothing.. hearts are mysterious organs.. they have a mind of their own!”

Then Luna came to perform. Her voice was perfect and everyone applauded then all of a sudden, music started again and much to everyone’s and even Luna’s surprise, Jonghyun came out with a bouquet of roses and sang No other. He offered the bouquet which Luna shyly accepted and at the end of the song, he knelt and asked her to be his girlfriend. Luna nodded and they kissed on stage.

“now that’s romantic!”

Heechul cheered for Luna and Leeteuk have to restrain her. Next up was Victoria’s y latin dance with Onew. Victoria was sizzling in red revealing dress with those tassels and glitters. Onew guided and led her as they dance the Rumba.

“wow.. we should try dancing that Hannie!”

Hangeng was surprised but loved the idea nonetheless. The dance was emotional, y and alluring and on top of that, they ended the performance with a kiss. So everyone is happy now?