when I fall, I expect you to catch me

Mythology in the Modern World

Heechul woke up early the next day and prepared herself cautiously. She took time to fix her hair and choose the right clothes to wear. She took time to double check herself and this was way too much for Leeteuk who had put on a laid back look.

 

“heechul, we’ll be late!” Leeteuk screamed but Heechul wasn't unfazzled.

 

“wait just a minute more..” Heechul screamed back.

 

“you stared into that mirror for three hours now, can we go?”

 

Heechul pouted and left the mirror, stomping her feet like a spoiled brat, leeteuk rolled her eyes and closed the door behind her. As they step out of the building, Hangeng and Kangin also stepped out of their dorm. Heechul quickly noticed Hangeng and she panicked. Kangin did the same thing across the street. Hangeng knew that if this occurs, he’ll be the one to do the move for his friend.

 

Hangeng and Kangin crossed the street and greeted the girls. Heechul froze at the sight of Hangeng with his Rotring® tube full of blueprints and plates. Kangin’s nose bled at the sight of Leeteuk in a cute blouse and pleated skirt, simple and easy.

 

“Good morning girls.” Hangeng greeted them.

 

“we’re off to school, you?” Leeteuk replied.

 

Hangeng looked at his friend and he sighed, he has to do all the talking. “School too, we are attending Seoul University.” 

 

“same here..” Leeteuk answered as she glanced at the frozen Heechul.

 

“then can we accompany you?” 

 

Leeteuk nodded and she grabbed Heechul to start walking: the two girls were in the middle of the boys, Kangin beside Leeteuk and Hangeng beside Heechul. The stroll to Seoul University was delightful as the sun was bright and the wind gently blowing. Leeteuk took out her schedule and asked Kangin regarding the room assignments.

 

“excuse me, Kangin-shi, do you know where is the Law and Politics department is?”

 

Kangin froze on the ground and he was really stunned and shocked all at the same time. He stutter in his speech and at the end, all he can do is point the building to the farthest right. Leeteuk thanked him and Kangin swore his heart stopped beating.

 

“well then, I’ll be going to my first class, see you Chulie.” Leeteuk went her way to the building pointed by Kangin. Kanngin still stood there frozen until Hangeng pushed him to the direction where Leeteuk was leisurely walking.

 

“your class is on that building too!” Hangeng muttered and Kangin smiled childishly and began to ran towards Leeteuk.

 

“Leeteuk-shi” Kangin shouted and Leeteuk turn to face him.

 

“yes?”

 

“I have..”

 

Leeteuk stared at him for the longest time and Kangin felt really nervous.

 

“a crush.. I mean a class..” Kangin stuttered.

 

“class?” Leeteuk inquired.

 

“Constitution… class in constitution, what I mean to say is..” Kangin was really nervous and sweating at this point.

 

“ok, so you have constitution class on the same building, I see.. then lets walk there together.”

 

Leeteuk smiled and allowed him to walk beside her. Kangin breathe a sigh of relief and happily walked beside her. Heechul was happy for her sister yet she cannot say the same for her own condition. Hangeng looked at her questioningly and she felt uneasy.

 

“I’m sorry.” She muttered then walked away from him. Hangeng called back.

 

“Heechul, do you know where you’re class is?” Heechul turned back to him and Hangeng can see her face flushed. “can you give me your schedule? I can help you with your room assignments.”

 

Heechul nodded and took out her schedule. She was so nervous that the paper slipped from her hands when she was handing it out to him. It fell on the floor and Hangeng picked it up.

 

“I’m sorry.” Heechul muttered and hangeng smiled at her.

 

“don’t be sorry, a pretty girl like you shouldn’t say sorry..”

 

Heechul felt her cheeks went warm. Hangeng looked at her schedule and smiled as he handed it back to her, their fingertips touching and Heechul felt an jolt of electricity down her whole body.

 

“our departments are closely related, I’m taking architecture, and you’re in the fashion design. Our buildings are over there; let me accompany you to your room, if I may?”

 

Heechul’s mouth gaped as Hangeng speak and she was focused on his attractive eyes. Her heart beats super fast again and she absently nodded. They walked side by side towards the building. A lot of guys noticed Heechul in an all denim one piece dress with pleated skirt and matching two inch sandals. Noticing all the guys staring at her, her charm was back as well as her confidence. Hangeng noticed the eyes that stare at the person beside him and commented.

 

“you sure are a show stopper.” Hangeng remarked

 

“huh? Oh.. no.. it’s not like that..”

 

Hangeng laughed softly and this made Heechul a little embarrassed: did she say anything wrong? Hangeng took her hand and assured her.

 

“finally, I heard something from you aside from I’m sorry. Let’s go!”

 

Hangeng held her hand and led her to her class. Every girl in that room shot daggers at her. A girl named Luna approached her.

 

“heechul unnie is one lucky girl!” She said.

 

“Luna!!” Heechul embraced her and she was almost in tears. “How’d you get in here?”  She asked.

 

“same as you did.. we’ll see yah later!” Luna motioned for Victoria and the two waved goodbye, Sunny approached her.

 

“unnie.. you’re very lucky to have Hangeng gege accompany you.” Heechul recognize her as Hebe, the goddess of youth.

 

“why? Is he that special?” Heechul asked, pretending that she doesn’t care about him, just like any other guy that wanted her, but we all know that deep inside her heart, she’s madly, deeply, and super crazy in love with him.

 

“he’s very ppopular and he doesn’t usually acquaint himself with girls… well aside from Jaejoong Unnie” Sunny explained. 

 

“I see..” Heechul replied. 

 

“so have you seen Zeus?” Sunny asked and Heechul shook her head.

 

“according to my sources, he’s here in Seoul University. And Mother Hera had sent Cupid, Artemis, Trepischore and unlucky me to search for him.” Sunny informed her and Heechul was surprised and asked Sunny.

 

“so that’s why Luna and Victoria are also here, Where’s Xander?” She asked.

 

“the two girls will be at the Music department while Xander would be with the foreign language department, as for me, I’m stuck with you in the art department.”

 

Heechul patted the poor girl on her back. She understands why Sunny was all sad and gloomy: she’s not the type to mingle with people that are older than her, she prefers the youth, and would have been happier if she was assigned in elementary school, teaching the loveable but playful kids.

 

“let’s just make the most out of it..”