Questions that the mind thinks, the heart holds the answer

Mythology in the Modern World

Leeteuk and Heechul bid their goodbye and started on their way. Kangin sighed as the two girl leave the shop and face palmed himself.

“Kangin.. are you ok? you’ve been silent the whole time.”

“Do I look ok hyung?”

Kangin looked back at Hangeng, tears evident in his eyes.

“I just blew my chance of ever getting to know anything about her.”

Kangin sulked on the chair and Hangeng tried to cheer him up.

“at least you knew her name..” Hangeng said.

“yah.. her name.. such a lovely name.. literally special..”

Kangin sighed yet again and Hangeng wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to him.

“here.. it’s the place where they are staying, you should come and visit her sometimes.”

Kangin gazes at the piece of paper and read the address. His heart jumped for joy as he realizes the address is in fact just across the street of their dorm.

“hyung.. I guess it’s meant to be.. we’re neighbors!”

Kangin jumped for joy and pulled the Chinese guy off his seat and he happily and excitedly went home, hangeng was happy too, at least for his roommate.

---000---

Heechul gloomily left the shop and she was sighing all the way home. Leeteuk had to drag her inside the dorm to make her enter, she was in such a bad shape and Leeteuk had never seen her sister this way.

“Chulie, c’mon..”

“it’s over..”

“you give up that easily..”

“Teukie.. you did notice his eyes, they sparkle when he’s talking to you.. he fancies you..”

Teukie was surprised, she had never beaten Heechul over boys, that is she never really liked boys.. unless they are smart enough to talk to her.

“he only talks to me because you’re frozen like ice!”

“what can I do? I’m powerless..”

“all you think about is your powers.. that’s not the way things go.. if you want to impress him then just act normal.. show him the true Heechul.. the loving you.. the sweet you.. the beautiful you!”

Leeteuk handed Heechul her favorite pink night gown that she asked Hermes to send to them along with the other stuff they needed. She had also asked Iris to arrange their lodging. She then asked Heechul to look outside the windows and down to the street where two boys were entering the building across them.

Heechul gasped and was excited when she saw Hangeng enter the building across the street.

“Teukie.. they are staying across the street from us?”

Teukie nodded and handed her a piece of paper, Heechul looked at it.

“that’s Hangeng’s schedule so if you want to catch his attention, all you need to do is be where he is.”

Heechul screamed for joy and hugged her sister.

“I love you sis.. you’re so smart..”

“I know.. so have your beauty rest, relax and just focus on what you would want to tell him.”

Heechul nodded and changed her clothes. Leeteuk settled herself on one of the desks and opened a book and started reading it.

“I hope that’s not strategies on war..”

Heechul said as she came out of the bathroom. Leeteuk glanced at her then back to the book.

“nope.. it’s stories of love.”

Heechul smiled and settled herself on the bed and took out her journal.

“written by who?”

“Cupid himself.. or should I say Xander..”

Heechul smiled and wrote something down on the journal. Leeteuk continued to read the book. Actually it was a personal gift from Xander for her birthday. He knows too well that his arrows wouldn’t penetrate Leeteuk’s armored heart. And in his futile efforts that he decided to just give her a couple of stories that may hopefully melt the armor surrounding her heart and experience the wonders of falling in love.

Leeteuk found the stories interesting yet in her mind, she knew the principle but she doesn’t understand the true logic of falling in love. Why do people need to fall in love? Why do they need the opposite ? Are they not complete by being with themselves? These questions bothered leeteuk and she felt that maybe.. just maybe, there is more to life that the goddess of wisdom herself doesn’t know.

And as night falls and the moon hangs outside their window, Leeteuk pondered and thinks of reasons and possibilities: maybe Love is like a war.. a never ending battlefield… maybe love requires tactics? Maybe the mind doesn’t know everything until the heart fills in the gaps?

And as she closes her eyes, leeteuk never found the answer, nor will she ever find one.. not until someone taught her how to love.


A/N: un-beta'd and this is not even edited.. cross posted as is and i am no happy about it.. will edit it if I have time... that's it for now