Yewook Prologue

Mythology in the Modern World

It was just some ordinary day for Yesung as he sleepily rubs his eyes and took a cold shower to wake himself up. He can still vividly remember the audition a couple of months ago and how his mother had deceived him just to get into that particular audition. He himself knows how much he wanted to sing but he never knew his mom would be that supportive.

“Yesung dear.. I know you can do it!”

He recalls his mother’s smile as she kisses him on the cheeks before he holds the microphone and sings in front of the judges. He knows his own abilities yet he is not confident enough with his own talent. He sang just like he used to, back in church where everyone commends his amazing voice.

He indeed got into a commercial for a certain product but the directors often told him he has no character. He knows this too often, being always teased as the turtle boy for having a turtle for a pet, a T-rex for having small hands and a big head, weirdo, for all the weird and comical things he did, that’s why he never believed in himself. And so he dressed himself and sat in front of the dinner table, his mother fixing his breakfast.

“Yesung dear, what time will the commercial air?”

“7..”

Yesung replied as he eats his breakfast. He hadn’t have the heart to tell her that maybe he won’t even get a close up because it’ll just break her poor heart. Yesung didn’t want that. VinVin opened the television and waited for the commercial after the program, Yesung’s heart pounded so fast he didn’t want to look anymore.

And finally it aired, the commercial and Yesung tried to cover his eyes and ears in hopes of denying himself the opportunity of disappointment. It went by so fast and Yesung waited for his mother’s reply. He heard her scream and felt her warm arms around him.

“Yesung dear.. I saw your face in there.. aww for three seconds.. dear you look so handsome!!”

Yesung smiled and his eyes were full of life, his mother is so happy.. very happy eventhough he appeared for only 3 seconds.. it was a magical moment. It’s enough.

Yesung fixes his hair with a blow dryer and uses a flat iron to make each strand perfect. He checked himself on the mirror then smiled, his cross earrings glimmered with the light.

“ma.. I’m going to choir practice now..”

Vinvin waved goodbye and off he went to choir practice. He was walking casually when a girl screamed in front of him, he was surprised but he just shook it off.. maybe the girl saw someone famous? He continued to walk but he felt like there was someone following him. when he looked around, he saw dozens of girls following him.

“AHHAHAH it’s really Yesung!!!”

The girls went mad and all of a sudden they all run to him. Yesung was shocked and his instincts told him to run.. run as fast as he could, away from the crazy girls who want to chop him into pieces and devour him. Along the way, he bumped into a girl. He didn’t get the chance to look at her but he apologizes hurriedly and left. The girl was confused but when she saw the girls following him she smiled and realized who just bumped into her.

“ahh, Yesung oppa?”

She muttered and she looked down to rearranged her skirt, then she saw a handkerchief with the letters YS.

“must be oppa’s.”

She leisurely walked away. Yesung in the meantime ran to the Church where he will be practicing, when he reached the gates, he quickly asked the guard to lock them for hoards of girls are following him. the guard laughed but when they saw the girls, he quickly locked them.
Yesung can now finally relax and he rearranged his hair and searched for his handkerchief to wipe his sweat, but he found none.

“you look tired dear.”

Yesung turned to see a man holding out his own handkerchief.

“c’mon take it”

Yesung reluctantly took it and wiped the sweat on his forehead.

“thank you.”

“you know what, you have very beautiful eyes.. just like my wife.”

“thank you.. uhm if you don’t mind… where is your wife?”

“I left her 20 years ago, due to certain things I needed to leave her and my son. I am Alexander and I work as an interpreter for the government.”

“Yesung.. University student, majoring in Voice and composition.”

The two shook hands and Alexander noticed the earring.

“I see, your name.. you must have an amazing voice.”

‘ah.. not really..”

“may I just ask, where did you get those earrings?”

“ah.. my mom told me that when my dad left he gave me this…”

“so your dad left you?”

Alexander can see tears forming in Yesung’s eyes.

“I’m sorry..”

“I don’t hate my dad.. my mom told me he is a great man, but just like you he needed to leave us for certain reasons, reasons she cannot reveal till I’m 21..”

“I understand, by the way.. those girls..”

Alexander pointed to the girls outside and Yesung scratched his head.

“I don’t know.. I’m practically a nobody but now, I have girls following me..”

“it’s your eyes.. their wonderful, d’you know that?”

Yesung blushes.

‘thank you.. you’re the second person to tell me that.”

“so who’s the first?”

“my mom”

The two laughed. Suddenly the door to their room opened and Vinvin came rushing to his son.

“Father called me saying that you were being stalked by girls.. You’re fine right.. no broken bones..”

“Ma.. I’m ok! By the way this is”

Yesung introduced, or was trying to, Alexander when Vinvin walked up to him and spank him. Yesung was surprised.

“that’s for leaving me.”

Vinvin spanked him again.

“and that’s for not causing me tons of heart ache.”

Yesung wanted to stop his mom but he didn’t understand a thing, is Alexander his dad?

“and this is for coming back..”

Vinvin took a step closer and held Alexanders cheeks and kissed him, Alexander instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. Yesung’s mouth agape seeing such scene, it’s cheesy, it’s romantic, it’s like a movie scene but it’s pretty unclear.

“hold up.. what is happening?”

Yesung asked and finally the two broke off, Alexander kept his hold on her waist.

“ah, yesung dear, Xander is your dad..”

“that’s it.. after all of this drama you’re going to tell me he is my dad..”

Yesung was confused, being introduced to a guy as his dad is something unacceptable, an idea hard to grasp, just like him having hoards of girls outside.

“you’re turning 21 yesung?”

Alexander asked him and Yesung nodded.

“The reason why I have to leave you both is because of the decree in Olympus.”

“wait.. hold up..Olympus.. like Mythology Olympus.. Percy Jackson Olympus?”

Yesung would not accept such idea! Alexander nodded and now Yesung is so confused.

“I’m Cupid.. and the reason those girls are outside is because you are nearly able to use your potential: Charm. Your eyes and voice are your true assets and when you reach 21, it’ll be unleashed.. your earring is both a seal and amulet. It restricts your powers until you’re allowed to use it and enhances them when you’re using it.”

“again.. all these information.. you are Cupid? Wait I don’t think.. you are a GOD? But there is only one God, whether Catholics or Christians.. there is just one God!”

“I understand.. we do not meddle with religion, Olympians are different from religion”

“so does that mean.. I’m like Percy Jackson something?”

Yesung asked and Alexander nodded.

“so does that mean, you shot an arrow on ma’s heart?”

Alexander shook his head.

“Olympians are powerless when it comes to love… remember that my son, when you fall in love, whatever power or ability you have will not affect the person you love.”

Yesung nodded.

“I see.. “

“my cloud..”

“I’m a what?”

“cloud dear.. clouds are your minions.. they will help you.. they are under your control..”

“wow.. I like that.. maybe that will be my fanclub’s name!”

Vinvin hugged her son.

“my son is thinking of a fanclub already”


---…----

“appa.. I’m going to piano class now!”

Ryeowook muttered after eating her breakfast. Jonghyun approached her and gave her a big hug.

“wookie dear.. I love you so much!”

“pa.. I know..”

“it’s just that, you remind me of your umma so much”

“I know pa..”

“ok.. where’s your charm bracelet?”

Ryeowook shows her right wrist where a silver charm bracelet was placed, among the charms, a gold crescent moon stands out from the rest. Jonghyun patted heis daughter’s head and let her off.

“take care dear..”

“bye!”

She leisurely walks to her class enjoying the bright sun that shines today. The class is in another hour or so and Ryeowook does takes her time walking, she loved the beauty of nature and she waves to a couple of ahjumma.

“Ryeowook-shi.. kamsamida! The cakes were delicious dear.”

“Cheomaneyo.. I’ll bring some again when I have the time”

She is dearly loved whether she’s in Incheon for school days or in Seoul for summer. She is a little sweetheart. She skips along and her purple summer dress flow freely with the wind, her Long black hair have soft curls that the wind effortlessly but gracefully blew. Then she was hit by someone, it was so fast that she was in a daze. He helped her get up and said sorry, then hastily runs away. She was confused why he needed to run but when she saw the girls running towards the direction of the guy, it was partly clear.

“ahh, Yesung oppa?”

She muttered and she looked down to rearranged her skirt, then she saw a handkerchief with the letters YS.

“must be oppa’s.”

She leisurely walks away and arrived at her class half an hour earlier. She greets her instructor and she was introduced to a lady with a precious smile.

“ah, Ryeowook-shi, you’re early, this is Ms. Luna. She is a voice instructor while Taeyon takes her maternity leave. “

Ryeowook greeted her and shook her hands. She smiled sweetly and Luna finds her adorable.

“Luna-shi, Ryeowook does not only play the piano well, her voice is absolutely superb.”

“really? Can I hear it dear.”

“but.. it’s not…”

But Luna already handed her the microphone and Ryeowook started to sing in a capella.

Maybe you’re seeing the same big sky
A crescent moon fades into the night.


It was commendable, her voice is excellent and Ryeowook took a bow as her mentors applauded her.

‘wow, amazing Ryeowook.”

Luna muttered. But then someone called Ryeowook’s name.

‘appa!”

Ryeowook runs to her dad who was holding out her handkerchief.

“how could you be so careless to go out without a handkerchief!”

Jonghyun handed her the handkerchief and patted her daughter’s hair just like he always did. Luna was really curious who Ryeowook’s father was and she decided to take a look. She was surprised whom she saw, her heart beats fast at the sight of the person she longed for all 20 long years. Ryeowook happily introduced her mentor Luna to her dad. Jonghyun’s smile faded as he sees the person whom he longed for all 20 long years.

neo gateun saram ddo eobseo juwireul dulreobwado geujeo geureohdeon geol
eodiseo chatni neogatchi joheun saram neogatchi joheun saram neogatchi joheun maeum neogatchi joheun seonmul



Ryeowook was surprised when her dad suddenly sang like that, and that song.. he always sings it her before she sleeps, Is Luna someone special?

Give me one moment in time, when I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away and the answers are all up to me.


Ryeowook was even more surprised, is this some musical by any chance? Are there cameras? Ryeowook was pretty confused. And then her jaws drop as her dad and Ms. Luna kissed in front of her.

“am I dreaming.. can somebody pinch me? OOOOWWWW!”

Luna and Jonghyun giggled as they both pinched Ryeowook’s cheeks making them fiery red.

“what’s that for?”

Ryeowook screamed and Jonghyun hugged his daughter.

“do you remember why omma left?”

Ryeowook nods and replied.

“it’s complicated… I know..”

“what if I tell you that I am your mother Ryeowook-shi?”

Luna said and Ryeowook jumped a foot away.

“eh?! What is happening now?”

Luna raised her hand and the gold crescent charm glowed and lifted Ryeowook’s wrist, then the roses in the vase flew and surrounded them.

“I am Artemis, some calls me Luna.. the goddess of the forest. And my dear daughter, on your 21st birthday, you can control nature at your will. The sun will be your guide, and the moon shall be your eternal companion.”

Ryeowook was still confused, she couldn’t believe it, her mom a goddess?”

“wait.. still confusing…. I am a what?”

“a demigod.”

Jonghyun hugged his daughter and kissed her forehead.

“I know it’s impossible to believe dear, but I’ve dealt with it.. you should’ve seen my face when we first dated.. the bouquet I gave her which costs a lot by the way, she turned them into confetti.. but she did made the moon glimmer perfectly as we dance under it.”

Ryeowook smiled and held her mother’s hand.

“now I know where I got my good looks and perfect voice.”

Luna laughed and Jonghyun was taken aback.

“hey.. I have a great voice too! I look amazingly hot when I was younger.. and I dance too..”

Jonghyun then tried to dance the Lucifer dance and the two laughed at him, such an adorable father and husband.