Feeling Jaded (b)

Mythology in the Modern World

The four of them walked to the campus as always but all four of them was silent. Kangin wanted to talk to Leeteuk but his pride and ego won’t let her. Leeteuk said goodbye and went to her class, Kangin followed her.

“Teukie..”

She didn’t look back nor waited for him.

“wait.. I’m sorry.”

“what for?”

Leteuk asked with a stone cold face, Kangin’s heart sank.

“I’m such a jerk.”

Kangin started but then Leeteuk cut him off.

“yes you are!”

Leeteuk forcefully handed him the envelope back and walked away. Kangin punched the tree beside him and didn’t mind the pain it caused. He was a jerk letting Leeteuk experience such heartbreak, expecting and receiving nothing.

The day progressed and silence still enveloped the four: not a single word muttered by anyone, no one dared to break the thick cold ice.

Kangin sulked on his bed throwing the envelope somewhere and fell asleep, hating himself for every wrong deed he had done. Hours passed and Hangeng woke him up for dinner. Hangeng took out the envelope and found the movie tickets inside.

“So you wanted to aske her on a movie date? Ypu should’ve just asked!”

HAngeng plainly said and Kangin gave him a cold stare. Hangeng read the tickets.

“wow.. really expensive movie tickets but why go to the cinema yesterday when the scheduled screening Is today?”

HAngeng asked and Kangin stopped stuffing the whole bowl of Kimchi in his mouth. He took the tickets and his eyes widened. He choked on his food, quickly stood up, took his coat and off he went out. Hangeng heard a ring and saw that Kangin left his phone. He answered it and it was Heechul.

“Heechul?”

Heechul was surprised to hear Hangeng’s voice.

“what are you doing with Kangin’s phone?”

“He left it.”

“Where did he go to?”
“Cinema..”

“oh.. I see then I think there’ll be no more problems.”

Hangeng was surprised but a talk with heechul wasn’t so bad after all.

“why?”

“I just called to tell him that Leeteuk rescheduled the tickets to give him another chance.”

Hangeng smiled and he thanked heechul before ending the call. Hangeng then felt his heartbeat quicken as he ended the conversation.

Kangin was using every power and energy to go to the cinema. He was in sch a hurry that he had forgotten everything but the tickets he was carrying. He came to the cinema and throngs of people were going inside the theater. Kangin hated himself and frustration was painted on his face. He took deep breaths to stabilize his heart rate. He was tired but he was more concerned with Teukie being mad at him.

“by any chance looking for me?”

Kangin looked at the direction of the voice and a smiled appeared on his face as he saw Leeteuk walking towards him. he fixed his jacket and took a step to meet her.

“am I too late?”

Kangin asked and Leeteuk shook her head, Kangin swore he died with her aegyo. Kangin extended a hand which leeteuk took and both entered the cinema with hands held. Kangin wanted to buy some popcorn but hten again he left his wallet. Leeteuk softly laughed and paid for everything.

“I guess you owe me a date Kangin!”

Leeteuk exclaimed as Kangin blush with embarrassment. The movie went well and Leeteuk was crying half way through it. Kangin wiped the tears with his palm and smiled, Leeteuk can’t resist his aegyo.

They walked back to the apartment, Leeteuk preferred this long walk than taking a cab for them to enjoy this special moment. The wind blew and Kangin noticed Leeteuk Shiver. He then took off his jacket and gave it to Leeteuk who blushed. Their hands held each other, and Kangin pulled her closer.

“I’ll always protect you.”

Leeteuk blushed as she treasures the promise. Next thing they knew, they were standing at the door of Leeteuk’s apartment. Leeteuk shifted her gaze from Kangin to the floor.

“well I guess this is good bye.”

Kangin waved and turned to walk away but leeteuk pulled him into a kiss. Although surprised, kangin loved it more than anything.

“no, just good night.”

Leeteuk said as she blushed and entered the apartment.

“just good night.”

Kangin left and Leeteuk was welcomed with a hug from Heeechul and even XXander was there.

“I am sooooo happy!!!”

Heechul can’t hide the fact that she is indeed happy for leeteuk.

“Finally that heart of yours started beating..”

Xander congratulated her then went on his way.

“You should tell me everything!”

Heechul said as she pulled the sister to inside the room. Leeteuk was forced to tell her everything.. even the kiss.

KAngin was flushed and Hangeng noticed that he was in cloud 9 when he entered the room.

“I guess it went well?”
Hangeng asked and Kangin replied.

“it went well beyond what I’ve expected…”

Hangeng smiled and was happy for his friend, but somewhere in his heart, it ached.