Feeling jaded

Mythology in the Modern World

Leeteuk took care of Heechul as the rain poured. She was worried for her sister and for Kangin as well. What had happened? They both looked sad and heartbroken.

“by any chance, have I caused such issue?” Leeteuk said to herself as she rested her head for the night. She was awoken by a soft knock and when she opened the door, it was Kangin with some take out.

“This is for Heechul, she should feel better with some hot noodle soup.” Kangin said and  gave Leeteuk the bag and turned to leave.

“uhmm.. why don’t you come in for a while, I can fix you coffee” Leeteuk offered but Kangin shook his head.

“I should be going, thank you” Kanginsaid then  left and Leeteuk closed the door with a heavy heart.

“Who was that?” Heechul asked as she emerges from her bedroom.

Leeteuk placed the take out and handed Heechul the bowls “From Kangin.”


Heechul smiled and took out one bowl. “wow, this is delicious.” Heechul dug in not caring if she looked good or not devouring the hot and delicious noodle soup. “Hey, you should eat yours before the noodles get soggy!” Heechul exclaimed as she stopped and stare at Leeteuk who seemed to be daydreaming.

“ah.. yah..” Leeteuk took out the bowl and was staring at her bowl.

Meanwhile Kangin handed Hangeng one bowl and ate his in silence.

“Thank you.” Hangeng uttered but received no reply. Kangin ate his bowl in minutes and took out his phone to answer a call.

“hello? Ah Heechul.. nope not really.. well.. I do have the time. Ok Now?” Kangin quickly changed and left without a word. Hangeng just stared at him, pain evident in his eyes for 1, he is being gnored and 2 it hurts hearing Heechul’s name. Hangeng took out the envelope in his drawer and stared at it for a while then outside the window, seeing Kangin and heechul leave with smiles on both of their faces.

----...----

Leeteuk opened the door and upon seeing Kangin, a smile appeared on her face. “Kangin-ssi” She uttered.

Kangin bowed and greeted her. Heechul noticed him and asked him to wait for awhile as she fixes the pink ribbon on her hair. Kangin sat on the chair and Leeteuk fixed him some iced tea.

“Thank you for earlier.” Leeteuk said as she handed the glass which Kangin gladly drank.

“it’s nothing.” He replied.

There was silence as awkwardness dawns on both of them. Heechul entered and Kangin once again bowed before leaving. Leeteuk sat there staring blankly at the blanket of air. She was so fluent with speech, she knows everything, but why can’t she start a conversation with Kangin?


---…---

“why the sudden walk?” Kangin asked as Heechul happily strolled the park wearing a smile on her face.

“I decided to let him go..” Heechul said and Kangin was surprised with Heechul’s words.

“What?” Kangin said a bit loude for comfort. 

“I just realized that I can never have everything. Since I was born, I was always the prettiest, I was always the best, but I guess that’s not always true. There are other pretty girls out there and I can’t capture every heart with my beauty.” She replied and Kangin was really surprised.

“well I guess this is my karma for playing on young girls’ hearts…” Kangin uttered and to his surprise Heechul suddenly sang Billie Jean…. And they both laughed.

“well that’s some karma..” He uttered after the fit of giggles.

---…---

Leeteuk heard another knock and was surprised to see Hangeng. Leeteuk invited him in. “what seems to be the problem?” She asked.

Hangeng took out the envelope and handed them to Leeteuk. “Kangin returned this to me last night. It seemed that you threw it away?” Hangeng asked and Leeteuk gasped.

“It may have slipped when I was chasing Heechul.” She honestly said.


“It’s from Kangin.. maybe a letter, I have no idea. It seems that this has caused such chaos in our relationships.” Hangeng explaing and Leeteuk forced a smile.

“Do you like Heechul or me?” She asked and Hangeng nervously bit his lower lip.

“I can’t say..” He replied 

“Well I do like you, but I see you as an older brother.” Leeteuk said and it somehow made Hangeng feel a little better.

“well I guess I see you as a sister as well.” HE replied. 

“but do you like Heechul the same way?” She asked and Hangeng thought hard, yet he cannot come up with an answer.

“I don’t know.” came his honest reply. Leeteuk smiled and revealed to him.

“you see, she really likes you.. she’s not confident enough to tell you so she used me to talk to you. But our closeness might have been viewed as romantic.” She said.

“well same goes for Kangin.. you see he’s afraid his player image would ruin his chance of dating you.” Hangeng said .

“he could just ask. It’s not a big deal.” Leeteuk replied and Hangeng sighed. 

“well maybe it’s a big deal, much like Heechul confessing. Have you fallen in love Teukie?” Hangeng asked. Usually Leeteuk is sure of her answer but this time she wasn’t.

“well no… but I don’t know if I’ve fallen in love or not.” Leeteuk said  Maybe she doesn’t know everything.. she doesn’t know what love really is..

“same goes for me.. at our current state, do you think we are in love?” Hangeng asked and Leeteuk let out  chuckle. 
 
“really?” she asked and Hangeng took in a deep breath.


“I have no idea..” Hangeng uttered and stood to leave. Leeteuk replayed the words in her mind, is there really a possibility that she is in fact in love? She pondered and thought of all the possible ways to tackle the dilemma. She took out the envelope and opened it. She was expecting a letter but inside were two tickets to a movie premier later that night. Her eyes went wide with surprise and a smile formed in her face, revealing her dimples. Heechul saw her a few hours later and she was surprised to see Leeteuk panicking.

“I have a date!!!!!” Leeteuk informed her sister. Heechul screamed and started jumping along with Leeteuk.

“That’s great.. that’s amazing with whom?” Heechul asked and Leeteuk answered him with Kangin

“ahh.. Kangin?” Heechul thought of his words earlier but dismisses it, maybe Kangin changed his mind and decided to fight for his love. “Then you need an absolute makeover!” 

Heechul pulled Leeteuk into the room and made her wear dresses and other outfits. It took like hours and finally, heechul settled for a white tube dress with knee length a-lin skirt, strappy sandals and a bolero. Then Heechul had Leeteuk on curlers while she does her makeup.

“Chulie.. are you sure about all these?” Leeteuk asked as Heechul plucked her eyebrows.

“you are talking to the goddess of beauty, if I can make miracles on even the ugliest duckling and turn them into swans, I can do wonders on such a pretty foundation.” She said in a matter-of-fact tone

After all the efforts, finally Leeteuk gazed at herself and saw a reflection she thought would ever exist. Heechul was teary eyed as she sends her sister off..

“I’m just happy that finally, the armor in your heart has melted.” Heechul remarked.

Leeteuk hugged her and went her way. Heechul was happy for her but her heart bled as her own love story ends with a bitter note.

Leeteuk waited by the cinema and searched for Kangin; She excitedly waited for him. She looked around the cinema and saw different types of people. She saw several couples watching and she smiled as each looked happy and totally in love. She waited and waited but it was already the last screening yet he hasn’t come yet.

---…---

Hangeng was reading some notes when Kangin entered the room. He was exhausted and lied on his bed.

“hmm.. so how was the date?” Hangeng asked and Kangin was utterly surprised.

“Date?” Kangin asked curiously.

“yah.. Heechul called in a few hours ago. She informed me that Leeteuk is on her way to cinema where she’ll meet you.” Hangeng informed his and Kangin’s eyes widened.

“Hyung.. did you give her the envelope?” Kangin asked. 

 

Hangeng nodded and Kangin made a run for it. He was so damned. He was invited by Jaejoong and her Boyfriend Yunho on a dinner. He took a cab and made his way to the cinema. He arrived there and all that he saw were couples leaving. He searched but he cannot see her. His heart pounded hard as he continued to search from the sea of people leaving the cinema. He finally gave up with a heavy heart and exited the cinema.

Just then Leeteuk was just thanking the personell in the information counter. She then left the counter and hailed a cab. Kangin thought of asking the information personnel but no one seemed to fit his description. He hailed a cab and left the cinema completely.

“so how was the date?” Heechul welcomed her with a smile but Leeteuk was so depressed that she just handed her the same envelope and made her way to the bed.

“Teukie.. he didn’t come?” Heechul softly asked and she can see Teukie’s tears fall, soaking the pillow. Heechul lied beside her and hugged her.  “I’m sorry.. It’s my fault.” Heechul murmured and embracing Teukie tighter.

 

--- 

 

A/n: To make up for not posting this... yeah that's three updates ^^ i will post more in the coming weeks since lappy is alive again!