Forced Actions

Mythology in the Modern World

Everything seemed in order, Heechul and Hangeng going to class together while Leeteuk and Kangin went to class together as well. They have occasional study dates in the library and sometimes Hangeng would wait for Heechul when she needed to finish some dress for submission.  It was going along just fine.

 

“enjoying your stay?” Heechul and Leeteuk jumped a little as they hear a familiar voice.

 

“XANDER!” Leeteuk screamed at him for scaring them while Heechul hugged him.

 

“oh my dear son….” 

 

Shhhshhh

 

“Heechul, on earth, I’m not your son!” Xander commented.

 

 “oh yeah.. I forgot..” Heechul replied with a grin “so I guess you needed something?”  Heechul crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow. Xander scratches the back of his head and bits his lower lip.

 

“I want to introduce to you a special girl.” Xander started and Heechul went mad the instant she heard Xander’s statement.

 

“what!? I put up with Psyche, and now another girl? What are you thinking..” She errupted in an instant. Leeteuk forces Heechul to shut up as she covers Heechul’s mouth with her own hand. A girl with blond hair and cute eyes approached them.

 

“Be civil, you’re not Xander’s mom anymore..” Leeteuk whispered and let go of Heechul. The girl bowed and her cheeks became pink as she introduces herself as VinVin, an English major.

“aww.. such a cute name, and such a lovely girl.” Leeteuk shook her hand. Heechul did the same but just as the goddess of beauty would behave, she is bitter: no one can be above her in terms of beauty.

 

“Nice to meet you Unni.” Vinvin spoke softly and Xander can’t hide the smile in his face, the god of love had shot one of his arrows directly onto his heart. Heechul had seen this familiar expression and decided to let it go; she will never win against Cupid’s arrow, when she herself can’t fight a decent battle with her own matters of the heart. Xander and Vinvin left the two and Heechul sighs.

 

“Xander has already found his match..” Heechul commented. 

 

“aren’t you and Hangeng getting along yet?” Leeteuk asked and Heechul shook her head.

 

“He regards me as a sister.” She replied and Leeteuk rasied a brow.

 

“why not ask him on a date?” She suggested and Heechul was perplexed with the idea.

 

“I do not.. I repeat. I DO NOT ASK GUYS ON A DATE. THEY DO THE ASKING.. I DO THE REJECTING!” Heechul answered and Leeteuk softly chuckles and points to the hoards of boys running to their place.

 

“Speaking of boys, there’s a battalion waiting for your rejection.” She remarked and Heechul sighs then put on her practiced smile. Every guy has his own present for her: flowers, chocolates, clothes, stuffed toys, dresses, designer bags, and even a car.

 

“you’re too kind.. I can’t accept these.. oh I’m sorry.. I can’t attend. I’ll check my schedule” Heechul continues with the standard lines of rejection and Leeteuk was pitying her. The price of beauty is really harsh. A guy approached her and handed an envelope. Heechul’s smile faded when she saw Hangeng hands the envelope and walks away. Heechul stood and walked away. Leeteuk noticed her and followed her.

 

“Heechul! Heechul!” Leeteuk calls out but Heechul didn’t look back. “heechul!” Leeteuk caught up with her and stopped her.

 

“what is the problem?” Heechul asked and Leeteuk grinned at her.

 

“why don’t you just admit it, you fancy Hangeng!” Leeteuk said and Heechul glared at her. 

 

“no I do not!” She firmly said 

 

“liar!” Leeteuk countered. 
 

“no I’m not lying!!” Heechul walks out and Leeteuk turns to follow her. The envelope slipped from her hands and she didn’t seem to notice. Kangin who was a good distance away from the girls heard every little thing and noticed the fallen envelope and thus picked it up and slowly returned to his room, all gloomy.

 

“what’s up?” Hangeng greeted him but Kangin was in no mood to talk to him right now. “hey.. did it go well?” Hangeng continued but Kangin threw the envelope at Hangeng.

 

“if you like Teukie, just tell me..” Kangin said and Hangeng looked at him questioningly before answering. 

 

“no I don’t like her.” Hangeng replied. “as a friend yes.. she’s really fun to talk to. I mean her knowledge is broad. But I don’t like her romantically.” He added. 

 

“whatever!” Kangin said and left the room, leaving Hangeng confused and worried. Kangin found his way downstairs and when he looked across the street, he saw Heechul leaning on the glass of the building. Kangin crossed the street and greeted her.

 

“hey! You look gloomy today.” Kangin said and Heechul just nodded to acknowledge his presence. “I’m going somewhere, wanna go?” Kangin invited and Heechul nodded again and Kangin extended a hand, heechul looked at him. “I just know you got your heart broken, I did too.. You do know I fancy your friend” Kangin continued and Heechul smiled and grab hold of his hand.

 

“well, welcome aboard.. I wanna drown all the pain..” Heechul said and Kangin smiled wider then led her to a certain place.

 

“I know a perfect place.” Kangin replied 

 

--00—

 

“it’s like a secret hideout when I feel burden by what’s happening” Kangin said as he led Heechul up a steel ladder and top of a rooftop. Heechul smiled as she sees the beautiful view of Seoul. The breeze blew gently and they sat on one of the benches.

 

“how’d you find this place.” Heechul asked and Kangin grinned. 

 

“a guy knows where to bring a girl on a date” He remarked and Heechul chuckles.

 

“why don’t you use those lines on Teukie. You seemed like an expert in dating girls” Heechul asked and Kangin suddenly sulks.

 

“I know.. I can’t manage myself to even talk to her properly without making a fool out of myself.” Kangin confessed 

 

“I understand.” Heechul said with a weak smile. 

 

“you Fancy my friend to right..” Kangin asked and Heechul nodded. 

 

“yah I do but I guess that my charms doesn’t work on him.” Heechul confessed. 

 

“don’t say that.. You’re such a pretty girl.” Kangin said ang gave her a comforting smile. 

 

“what is  the use of Beauty when Love can’t prosper? How can I be happy being beautiful when I can’t have the love of my life?" She said and The two sighed as they stare at the moon. “you know, I know a friend who loves the moon, her name is Luna.” She blurted out. Kangin laughed and Heechul laughed at herself too.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised why she loves the moon.” Kangin remarked and they fell into a comfortable silence.

 

Suddenly, dark clouds covered the pale moon and heavy rain drops fell on them. KAngin took off his coat and Covered Heechul. They made a run for the small covered area on the roof. It was a downpour and they had zero visibility.

 

“I’m sorry for dragging you into this.” Kangin uttered but Heechul shook her head.

 

“I told you I want to drown all my pain.” Heechul smiled and run out in the rain. She hated rains but this, she enjoyed the heavy water falling down on her. She founds comfort in the  sad song being played by the drops as they hit ground. HSe never thought she’ll appreciate the heaven’s tears but she did. Kangin took a good look at her and accompanied her.

 

“Park Leeteuk Saranghae.” Kangin shouted and as he did, tears flowed down his eyes. Heechul noticed him crying but was happy that the rain drowns all the hurt they both are feeling, for the first time in Heechul’s life, she’s crying for her broken heart.

 

The rain poured hard and it worried both Leeteuk and Hangeng. Leeteuk knew her sister is not really great at directions and at her state right now, anything can happen. She paces around the room and calls Luna for help.

 

“Unni, I can’t help you when there is clouds covering the moon, my powers are inhibited.” Luna uttered and Leeteuk sulks as she can’t find a way to know where Heechul was, and she was supposed to be the best in this field. And what hurts most was the fact that she is causing every pain Heechul is feeling right now.

 

Minutes drag on for hours and Leeteuk patiently waits for Heechul’s return. A knock on the door was heard and Leeteuk opened the door to reveal kangin carrying heechul, both soaking wet.

 

“oh my…” Leeteuk gasped as KAngin lay down Heechul’s body on her bed.

 

“She’s just asleep. Take care of her, she might get a fever.” Kangin left the girls and went to his own room across the street, Leeteuk watches as he enters the building.

 

“Hey.. why are you wet?” Hangeng asked but heard no reply. KAngin took off his clothes and took a shower. He then put on fresh clothes and lied on his bed without responding to Hangeng.