Hiding spot ~

I've got you

"I have a certain enemy that wants me dead as much as your mother. In fact, I think he was the one who did it." 

I sat back in my seat an listened carefully. "You see, the reason I am like I am was because your mother and I were highschool sweet hearts, but I was in a gang back then. However, I was the smart of the group. The leader was my brother, and he didn't like that. Well, he had this one kid working for him at one point. The kid was about your age when this all started. Well, he didn't like me from the start. In fact tried to kill me."

I wanted to laugh, but I held it in. 

"At one point, he kidnapped your mother at gun point, and that's the point where I had stepped in and saved her. She became my partner in crime. We were good at our jobs too. Then she suddenly disappeared for about five years until my brother found her. Well, by then she already had you in her life. That's when you were about 4 and half; by then though, the kid that hated me tried to kill her and kidnap you. 

"Unfortunately, my brother saved the two of you, and he took a bullet for you. The man was shot, but not killed. That kid is still after me, blames me for all his failures in life. In fact still wants to kill me, but he won't stop at my weaknesses to kill me, he'll do anything. Including attacking the people my daughter loves too."

I in as much air as I could. "So what you're saying is-"

"That guy hates us, and he'll do anything to hurt the people you love."

"Alright. However, there is one thing."

"What is that?"

"Why didn't you just stay cut off? I mean wouldn't it have been easier if I wasn't in your life at all."

He let out a deep sigh. "Because he knew that you're my kid."

"So?"

"You're the last thing that I have left of your mother, and he knows I'll do anything to protect that."

"So you couldn't come and raise me like a normal father would?"

"Chris, it was complicated."

"Oh yeah? Do you know how many times, I've dreamt of a super hero or a prince charming for my dad?" tears rolled down my face. "Dad, if I'm whats left of mom, then why didn't you come in when I was kid! Especially when I was struggling the most!" 

I stormed out of the room and quickly ran to hide away. 

________________________________________

Other POV~

You went to the place where you used to cry when you wanted to be alone. You hid behind the library inside of a bush. There was a tiny hole that fit you just right. You cried, and stayed there for the rest of the school day.

The bush had a wonderful view of the school, you could see people leaving, but nobody could see you. You stayed there, and hoped your dad wouldn’t find you. You were furious at him, but you weren’t sure what to think. On one hand you really should tell Mr. Lee, on the other, you really wanted to protect Sandeul. You weren’t even sure you could trust your dad, and you had yet to hear any sort of excuse as to why he’s killed so many people.

You sniffed, and rubbed your nose on your sleeve. You heard a rustle, and you got very still. You tried to scoot back, blend in even more, but you saw a blurred figure stand in front of the bush. The figure finagled its way around and plopped beside you.

“You know, I’ve known about this spot for awhile.” Sandeul said. You sighed and leaned on his shoulder.

“I thought it was my secret.” You said. He smiled.

“Not really, I just let you think that…. You missed Math.” He said sadly.

“I’m sorry, something came up.” You said.

“Sitting in a bush is more fun than hanging out with me?” He asked with an eyebrow raised, you laughed.

“You mean crying in a bush?” You joked.

“What was wrong?”

“I saw my dad again.” You admitted.

“Really?! During school? He found you?” Sandeul asked, you nodded, and laid down on his lap, looking up at him.

“What happened?” Sandeul asked, looking down at you and petting your hair.

“He said something bad about my mom, so I threatened him, then he explained a bit about why he does the things he does and stuff, mostly trying to make me think he should be my father, when he’s never been mine before, and all he is, is a bastard.” You spat.

“I’m sorry you feel that way, but you can always share my parents.” Sandeul offered. You made a yuck face.

“I don’t want to be your sister.” You joked. He laughed.

“Then pretend your my wife.” He said seductively, kissing you quickly.

“That sounds much nicer.” You smiled.

“Can we go home late? Say we’re working on something, but really I can stay right here and take a nap in your lap?” You asked, looking at him hopefully. He frowned.

“My dad would have a freak attack, but we can chill out at home! The teachers will probably call wondering why you skipped class, so I’d say blame it on girl problems, and pretend to be really sick.” Sandeul shrugged. You nodded, then laughed.

“Only you would help me get away with this.” You laughed. He smiled.

“No laughing! You’re sick!” He joked, carrying me out from behind the plant.

“I’ll carry you, you poor sickly girl!” He said heroicly. You blushed.

“Sanny, people can see us..” You said. He eskimo kissed you.

“I don’t really care, let’s go home.” He said. You yawned.

“And take a nap.” He said, noticing your yawn. You smiled.

“I love you Sanny.”

“I love you too, sickly child.” He responded. You chuckled, then fake coughed.

“That’s the spirit.” Sandeul teased.