Training

I've got you

You left quickly, and Sandeul, as promised, was right outside the door.

“Did you get in too much trouble?” He asked. You sighed.

“Just a warning.” You said. He put his arm around you, and you started your way home.

“How was school today?” Mr. Lee asked.

“Pretty good, Chris had to talk to a teacher though.” Sandeul said.

“Why was that?” Mr. Lee asked.

“I was talking in class.” You responded. He just nodded.

“I’d like to make dinner tonight, what would everyone like?” You offered. You felt bad that this family was doing so much for you since your mom died. You stopped thinking about your mother quickly, trying to push the image out of your mind.

“You don’t have to do that. My mom makes dinner.” Sandeul said. You crossed your arms.

“Well not tonight. Tonight, I’m making dinner, so what would you like?” You asked again.

“How about some chicken?” The dad asked. You nodded.

“Is there some in the fridge?” You asked.

“Yep, right by the ice cream.” Mr. Lee pointed out. You got to work immediately. You hated having to lie to them, but you had to protect Sandeul and yourself. He was the only thing you actually cared about in this world.

Leaning over, you felt the hilt of your gun stab you in the stomach. You stood up quickly from the feeling. You then tried to look calm, as though nothing had happened.

“You alright?” Sandeul asked.

“I had a weird cramp, but I’m alright now.” You smiled, getting out the food.

“A cramp?” Sandeul asked. Mr. Lee coughed.

“Uh, Sandeul, I believe she was referencing her.. Girl problems…” Mr. Lee tried to say discreetly. Sandeul made a face.

“Oooooh. Uh… Do you need… Something, Chris?” Sandeul asked awkwardly. You wanted to laugh at the boys response.

“I’m fine.” You laughed. They just looked nervous.

When Mrs. Lee came home, she refused to let you cook the chicken alone and decided to help you. The meal turned out delicious, and everyone loved it. You and Sandeul worked on homework in your room, and then snuggled on the bed until he fell asleep. You tried so hard not to fall asleep, and you were used to lack of sleep. You snuck out in the expert way you were used to.

You felt a phone buzz in your back pocket, and you groaned, knowing that it wasn’t your phone, and you hadn’t noticed it earlier. You answered it quickly.

“Hello?”

“Hello Chris. I’m on the soccer field. I’ve got some friends with me, so hurry up.” Your father said. You sighed.

“I’m on my way, I had to wait until Sandeul was asleep before I could get out.” You said.

“You two were sleeping together!?” Your father asked.

“You aren’t my father.”

“Yes I am!”

“Then where’ve you been all my life?”

“In the shadows.”

“Too bad, you have no control over my life, I can sleep with who I want.” You said. You hadn’t had with Sandeul, but your dad didn’t need to know that.

“You’re in highschool, Chris.”

“Wow, how observant. Look, I’m on my way, I’ll be at the soccer field soon. I’m not doing this for you, daddy dearest, don’t forget that.” You said. You hung up, and started a light jog to the soccer field. 

_____________________________________

Your POV~

I made it to the soccer feilds sometime later only to see that it was lit up. I could see three figures at the center of the feild. 

Quickly, I jogged over and found both my dad and principle together, but there was a strange woman that I've never seen before in my life. She had  bleach blond hair and brown eyes. When I ran up there, guns were placed on tables that circled them. 

"Hello, Christina," dad's voice huffed. 

"You're not out of breath are you?" I asked. 

"No, Chris, I'm just very angry with my only daughter sleeping with her boyfriend."

I giggled a little. 

"Dad, what do you think I meant by sleeping together?"

"What  do you mean?"

"I'm asking you a question, did you think I meant ?"

He nodded. 

I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, dad, silly silly dad." I circled the table where the guns were laying. "So, what are we working on? Sharp shooter?"

I picked up a 9MM up and examined it closely. Staring at the close details into it. I pulled out the ammunition and stared at it. It was fully loaded. "Fully loaded ammunition." 

The woman watched me closely. "Well, aren't you something else."

I turned to the woman and smiled. "Mind telling me who you are?" I asked. 

"Isn't someone a little cranky?"

"Well, excuse me, but I'm running off of a sugary drink," I put down the gun and held out a hand to her. "I'm Christina, and you are?"

The woman smiled and shook my hand. "Aww you don't remember me? I was your favorite aunty." 

"Rose?"

She smiled at me. "Great to see you again my little neice. Hows it been?"

I smiled and gave her a quick hug. I haven't seen her in years. "I've missed you so much," she whispered. 

"I missed you too."

"Alright, we're done with this little love fest here. Chris, it's time to learn how to shoot."

"Learn?" I grabbed the gun aimed it at the targets that were set. Within seconds I was knocking cans over as fast as I could, but the very last one I missed. "Well, we can't hit 'em all."

"Hitting most of them won't get you anywhere," dad said. "That can lead to death, Chris. We have a lot to work on."

My principle watched silently. He was just an observer. He didn't say a word the entire night while those two taught me how to shoot.