breakfast

Under One Roof

.

.

.

.

.

.

After unpacking, you and JongHyun sat on the dining table, waiting for the breakfast to be served.
JongHyun’s dad felt uneasy seeing you two after fight.
JongHyun rubbed the part where you hit awhile ago. Meanwhile you just read the newspaper as if you've done nothing to him.
JongHyun’s mom then came with plates of breakfast and served it on the table before she sat down.
His mom noticed that you two just fought, so she gave a signal to her husband asking him what happened.
But her husband gave her a ‘I don’t know’ posture.

“Now now.. Let’s eat the breakfast.” JongHyun’s mom said.
Everyone then start digging on their breakfast.
The breakfast was 3 stacks of pancakes.
You used to eat pancake with butter, so you tried to reach for the butter that is placed in the middle of the table.
But JongHyun is reaching for it too.
The two of you grabbed it at the same time.
Realising this, you two looked at each other and give each other the look.

“Ladies first.” You said. Telling him to back off.

“There’s no such thing in my dictionary after you hit me.” JongHyun replied. Afterall, you hit him with the edge of a thick book and it hurts super bad.
 

 

The two of you still didn’t want to let go of the butter.
“Fine. I don’t need the butter anyway.” You said while letting go of the butter.
JongHyun then took some of the butter and spread it on his pancake.
You skim around the table to see what other topping does JongHyun’s mom prepared.
Strawberry.. Chocolate.. Cream.. Butter.. Maple Syrup.. ice cream.
You decided to take the ice cream, but again JongHyun is reaching for the same thing.
JongHyun and you look at each other and give another look.

“Butter with ice cream? Eww..” You scrunched your face in disgust.

“Shut up you fatty.” He said.

“ERHEM!” JongHyun’s mom cleared loudly. JongHyun then let go of the ice cream and let you have it.

“Hyosun, i hope you will feel comfortable while you stay here." She smiled. Yea right, how the hell are you supposed to feel comfortable when this little bug is in the same house as you?
"If you have anything to ask, just ask any of us. And if JongHyun made any trouble, tell me about it and I’ll give him a lesson.” She added.

You felt a lot better when she said so. “Sure auntie!” You smiled widely after hearing the last sentence.

“M-Mom!” JongHyun whined. He knew that you would absolutely complain to his mo mif he did something wrong, and his mom's scary when she's angry. Ghost and angry mom, he's more terrified by his mom.

“JongHyun, you better behave yourself from now on.” His mom gave him a scary stare.
 

 

You ate your last piece of pancake and gulped down the fresh orange juice, and get up from your seat.
You took the plates and about to bring it to the washroom until JongHyun’s mother stopped you.
“Hyosun, it’s okay. I’ll wash it later. You can leave it.” JongHyun’s mom said.



“Hyosun, it’s okay.” She smiled but her tone was pretty demanding.
So you just leave the plates on the sink. “Do you have anything to do today?”

“Ah yes, I’m going to college for club practice until about 3pm.” You answered.

“Oh, then you can go and come back with JongHyun. Because he has club practice too every Saturday, right?”
JongHyun didn’t reply his mom, he just finished off his last piece of pancake.

“JongHyun.” His mom called him.
Somehow her tone sounds scary, so JongHyun nodded to answer her question.

“Okay then, I’ll just grab my stuff and wait for him.” You said as you walk into your room.

 





After 15 minutes, JongHyun came outside of his house and walk towards you who’s waiting on the front gate.
“What took you so long??” You complained.

“Well sorry I’m not as fast as you.” He replied sarcastically.
The two of you then start walking towards your college.
 

 

The two of you didn’t talk much.
You two are walking together and standing really close to each other, but you two are busy with your own phone.
JongHyun felt weird, so he started a conversation. “What club practice do you have?”

“badminton.”

“I didn’t know you play badminton. You used to be a good runner.”

“Hey, I am still a good runner. I just want to play sport that is more relaxing and consuming less energy.”

“No wonder you gained fat.” JongHyun joked and you lightly hit his arm.

“What about you?” You asked.

“Swimming.” He smiled.

“Ahh yea.. I’ve heard rumours about this one guy in the swimming club who joined just because he wanted to show off his muscle-less body to the girls.”

“Ohh~ That must be someone else. I’m known to have the honey arms.”

“Pfft! Honey arms? Whatever!” You denied.

“You don’t believe me? Fine, I’ll show you the-“ Jonghyun was about to pull up his sleeve but you unintentionally ignored him when you saw a friend of yours passing by.

 

“TOP oppa!”

“Oh, ~~~~~. Morning.” TOP replied.
He stopped his steps and waited for you to approach him.

“Ya, call me when you’re done.” You said to JongHyun before you left him for TOP.
JongHyun stared at you walking happily with TOP.


.
.
.
.
.

thanks for reading!