Ugly truth

Under One Roof

Enjoy :)

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was 15 minutes to 6pm.
You were standing under a big clock near a park, waiting for TOP.
The weather was fine this afternoon, but then it gets colder.
You rubbed your hand to make yourself warm.
"What took him so long.." You look at the time on your phone again.


“Hyosun!” TOP called you from afar.
You turned around to where TOP’s voice came from, he was running towards you.
Once he arrived right in front you, he bent down and panting.
It seemed like he was running the whole time.
He then took a deep breath, “Hey, I’m sorry, I am late.”

“No it’s fine. Where do you wanna go?” You cheerfully asked.

“Actually.. I can’t go today..” TOP rubbed the back of his head.

“W-Why?” Your smile slowly disappear.

"Sorry, my cellphone broke and I can't call you." He took a deep breath and he stood straight before telling me somthing else with a wide smile. "I got a girlfriend."

“What?” You asked, still not getting a grasp of what he was saying.

“I got a girlfriend. I confessed to her after the drama practice today, and yeah.. She wanted a date this evening. It was so sudden. I’m sorry.”

“Oohh…” You felt really awkward and sad at the same time hearing that coming out of his mouth.
You liked him for over a year. “and.. who’s your girlfriend? She must be beautiful…” You tried to maintain your smile.

“Yes, she is beautiful. You know her very well.” TOP said.

“TOP!!!!” A girl called his name while running towards your direction.
As she came closer and closer, you realized that she is SeoHyun.
Once SeoHyun arrived, she hugged TOP arm.
She took a deep breath while apologizing to TOP with a smile.
Why.. Her..’ You thought.

 


“Yes.. umm.. SeoHyun is my girlfriend.. Your cousin..” TOP said.

“Ohh.. Y-You never tell me anything about this.. Like.. I mean.. you have a crush on her..” You stuttered.

“I feel embarrassed if I have to tell you.. So I kept it a secret.. Sorry..” TOP rubbed the back of his head while smiling.

“TOP.. You should have told her about it.. That way, you can confess to me even earlier.” SeoHyun said.
At that moment, you started to think that the reason why TOP is such a good friend to you, maybe because he wanted to get close to SeoHyun.
Then you remembered the time when you two were together, he looked at SeoHyun very often, and asked about SeoHyun too.
You’ve always thought it were all a normal talk, but actually it’s because he has feelings for her.

“Oh well then. I wouldn’t want to interrupt you guys tonight. So you two have fun on your first date, okay?” You said.

“Of course!” SeoHyun smiled.
She then smirked at you as you walked away.
so that’s what her smirk is about.. She knew that TOP is going to confess to her..’ You chuckled in frustration. SeoHyun got you pretty well again this time.
 




When you arrived home, you unwillingly stepped inside the house.
You felt powerless and heartbroken.
Then you realized that tears started to flow down on your cheek.
You wiped it and took a deep breath to prevent yourself from crying.
You didn’t want Jonghyun’s parents to see you crying and made them worry.
But then somehow, SeoHyun popped up in your head again.
Remembering her, you felt really angry.
You kicked the leaves that were on your way and stomped into the house entrance.


As you opened the house door, you were surprised that the light was on and it was warm inside.
There you found Jonghyun sitting on the floor having shabu shabu on a cardboard on the floor in the living room.
What makes it even weirder, Jonghyun is wearing a suit.
“Ya, what are you doing here? I thought you are going with your girlfriend.” You frowned.

“And what’s with you coming home after going out for an hour? did he left you or something?” Jonghyun took another bite of his meatball.

Hearing that, your tears automatically flow down your cheek again.
You sniffed and wiped the tears.
Jonghyun heard your sniff, he looked up to see you crying.
He quickly put down his bowl and came up to you.
“H-Hey.. What’s wrong? Did he do anything to you?” Jonghyun asked worriedly.
You can’t answer him because you are crying so much. “That bastard..” Jonghyun was about to make his way out of the door, but you grabbed his hand to stop him.

“Don’t hit TOP! Hit SeoHyun.” You said. "No, PUNCH her and KICK her and BEAT her into a pulp!!!"

“Huh??" Jonghyun blinked a few times. He was quite surprised hearing you.
"You want me to go and hit a girl? You're kidding me..” He chuckled. “and who said I’m going to go and hit TOP?”

You bite your lips and glared at him.
He moved back a step since you look so scary.
You smacked his head hardly.
“Ouch! What was that for?” Jonghyun rubbed the back of his head in pain.
You scoffed at him and walked over to his seat and sat down.
You sighed once you sat down, and staring into the fire, and not even muttering a word.


 

Seeing you so down, Jonghyun felt uncomfortable.
He never seen you crying like this, other than the times when you cried peeing on your pants.
Jonghyun then took a seat on the opposite of yours.
He looked up at you, and you were still staring blankly into the fire.

Jonghyun took a bowl and offered it to you.
“Want to eat?” Jonghyun asked.
You took a glance at the bowl and then took it.
Jonghyun scooped some of the food from the pot and put it into your bowl.
“There you go, eat up.” He said.

You put down the bowl on the table and started eating.
Jonghyun thought that you had calmed down, and to make sure of it he took a glance at you.
To his surprise, you were eating while crying silently.
“Y-Ya.. Hyosun...” He called your name but you wouldn’t look up to him.
So he got up from his seat and sat next to you.

He rubbed your head and patted your back to calm you down.
You slowly started to feel comfortable with him beside you.
Automatically, you put your arm around his neck and rested your head on his right shoulder.
Jonghyun was surprised that you suddenly hugged him after so many years.
“Sorry.” You sniffed.

“It’s okay.” Jonghyun patted you and hugged you back.
 




.

.

Two hours later, the dinner turned out pretty bad.
When you walked into the kitchen and checked on the fridge, you found heaps of Soju on the lower rack.
You called Jonghyun and asked him whether you can drink or not.
At first, Jonghyun didn’t allow you to, but since you were so scary when you are upset, he allowed you to.
“Yess…!!! This is the PUURRRFECT drink for times like this..” You said as you poured the soju into Jonghyun’s and your shot cups.

“So, tell me, why are you at home?” You asked.

“M-Me?” Jonghyun pointed to himself. “My girlfriend called me and said that she has something urgent so she can’t make it.”

“Why don’t you eat outside?”

“too lazy to go out plus I have all the ingredients for shabu shabu. Plus, my parents are off to a wedding tonight”
You chuckled hearing that from him and you smiled widely that made Jonghyun smiled back at you.
 


When once bottle of Soju is finished, you took another one and kept on drinking.
“Hyosun, I think you should stop drinking…” Jonghyun took the bottle away from you but you snatched it again.

“Ya! This is what people called ‘high’. I’m not drunk yet!” You said as you gulped down another shot.

“Hyosun, you really shouldn’t-“

“No!” You smacked his head.
It seemed like the night won’t end like this…


.

.

.

.

.
Thanks for reading!