Drinkin it all up

Under One Roof

 

.

.

.

.

It was already 1pm and Jonghyun was still stuck with you.
His parents are not even home yet.
“Yes mom.” Jonghyun said over the phone. “Yes, everything is fine.”

Right at that moment, you shouted, “You idiot!!!! Come hereeeee~~!!” You shouted as you swing the spoon you hold on your right hand.
 

Jonghyun's face stiffened hearing that, he quickly closed the door that separated the kitchen where he was and the living room where you were.
“W-Who was that?” Jonghyun’s mom asked, she could hear your voice and she was suspicious of it. “You are not throwing any party, do you?”

“No mom.. It’s… It’s Hyosun. S-She’s playing games and gets too excited. Hahaha..” Jonghyun laughed.
His expression was so different from his voice.
He is worried, imagining what you would do by yourself in the living room, but he was able to maintain his voice and convince his mom.

“Okay.. then.. We are stuck in a really bad traffic jam right now. We’ll be home around 3am. You and Hyosun better go to sleep, it’s 1am already!” His mom said.

 

“Yes mom. Be careful!” Jonghyun then hanged up the phone.
He quickly opened the door and there he saw glass pieces that you broke.
You turned around to see him and smile.

“Aish.. You..” Jonghyun slapped his forehead in stress. “Be careful with the glass pieces!”

“Oppa..” You smiled.
Jonghyun was stunned hearing you called him ‘oppa’ because you have been calling him ‘ya’ or ‘idiot’ the whole time.
A smile formed on his face.
“Ya, you bastard, come ‘ere.” You motioned your hand, telling him to sit in front of you.
Hearing that, Jonghyun’s smile gone within seconds.
 


Jonghyun sighed and did what you told him to do.
You poured down another soju into your cup and his cup.
“Stop drinking. You’ve had enough..” Jonghyun said.
He tried to take the bottle away from you but you moved it away.

“Ya! Do you know what people call us back when I was small?” You asked.

“What?” Jonghyun sighed.

“How could you not know about it?” You smacked his head. “Oh yeah.. It’s because you are stupid. Hehe…” You laughed.

“Aish.. You really.. If you weren’t drunk, I would’ve already kill-… never mind..” Jonghyun sighed.

“They call SeoHyun ‘Cinderella’, and me? Anastasia? Why am I the stepsister?? I am not even her stepsister!! And I am not mean and fat and ugly like those girls in the fairytales!” You shouted.

“But I remember when YoSeob ruined one of the Cinderella’s play. Man.. That was my favourite!” You added.
Jonghyun then remembered back to the day you mentioned.



::FLASHBACK::

It was during your middle school, on the day of the Cinderella’s play.
It was nearing to the scene where the prince is coming to Cinderella’s residence to tried on the shoes.
On the backstage, Yoseob was running towards Jonghyun with the shoes.
Yoseob was in the property team.
When Yoseob handed it to Jonghyun, he gave Jonghyun a wink and Jonghyun replied it with a smile.
It seemed like these two are up to something.
Once Jonghyun got a hold of the shoes, he then entered the stage with DooJoon who played the role of the counselor.
You were on the stage sitting on the couch with the other stepsister, Shindong.
While SeoHyun was mopping the floor.

Just like how the story should be, they were all delighted with the arrival of the prince.
At first, Jonghyun kneeled down in front of ShinDong and tried on the shoes on him.
Jonghyun made an expression like he’s sure the shoes won’t fit ShinDong and he doesn’t want him as a bride.
Just as what everyone expected, it didn’t fit him and the audience laughed.
Next, he came up to you and put on the shoes to you.
You acted as if you are sure the shoes would fit, but unexpectedly it fitted you..
“Oh! It fits!” Jonghyun said.
 
“W-what?” You murmured under your breath. ShinDong, the stepmom, and people on the backstage were all surprised, especially SeoHyun.




You were so surprised that it turned out like this, you can’t even muttered a word.
Jonghyun then nudged you, telling you to say something.
“O-oh.. Prince! I am the one that you’ve been looking for! It’s me!” You said happily.

“Then.. May I have your name?” Jonghyun smiled.

“Anastasia. It’s Anastasia.” You said.

“Anastasia…” Jonghyun took your hand and looked at you. “Would you be my bride?”

“WAIT!” SeoHyun shouted. “T-This is impossible! I mean, there are a lot of girls in this village and I am sure there are one or more people who has the same shoe size!”

“But miss, we’ve found the-“ DooJoon tried to explain but SeoHyun cut him off.

“Let me try it on!” She said as she took out her hand.

“Fine..” DooJoon said, sounded as if he’s mocking her.

SeoHyun took the shoes and tried it on but it didn’t fit. “This can’t be…” She murmured.
She looked at HyunAh, the scriptwriter who’s standing beside the stage.
HyunAh gave her a look as if telling her to go along with it.
Some of the audiences murmured to each other, confused with it too. Some of them laughed at it.

“Well then, it settled.” DooJonghyun concluded.

“Anastasia, you still haven’t answered my question..” Jonghyun said.

“Y-Yes.. Yes I will be your bride.” You answered.


The lights then turned off and a spotlight appeared on the other side of the stage.
The fairy then entered the stage with the stepmother to conclude the story.
Basically, the fairy was actually a witch.
The stepmother hired her after going to the fortune teller about whoe the prince will marry and how.
Knowing it will be Cinderella, she took an action by hiring a witch.
She asked the witch to changed the shoe size and beat up the real fairy.
Hearing this, the audiences laughed so hard at it.
They then closed the scene with the prince and Anastasia getting married.



Meanwhile on the backstage, SeoHyun came up to Hyunah.
“What the hell is going on?” SeoHyun asked angrily.

“I don’t know either!” Hyunah said. “Since you broke the original shoes, Yoseob had to run to get a new one. And since he was in a hurry, he bought the wrong size. We can’t help but to alter the story line.”

“Arghh!!!” SeoHyun stormed into the fitting room.


 

Jonghyun, DooJoon, and Yoseob were talking.
“Nice job pal.” Jonghyun gave Yoseob a hug.

“It’s okay. I hate that anyway for hurting GiKwang’s heart.” YoSeob said.

“So you told Yoseob to bought the wring size?” DooJoon asked Jonghyun and Jonghyun nodded.
The three of them laughed.
At that time, you passed by them.
Jonghyun stopped you by patting your head. “Good job.” He said.
You smiled at him.
While SeoHyun was watching you two from the fitting room and glared at you.

::END OF FLASHBACK::


Jonghyun smiled remembering that time.
He took a glance at you and shocked when he realized you are gulping down soju from the bottle.
“YAA!!!!” Jonghyun shouted and took the bottle away from you. “Enough!!” Jonghyun then put the bottle far away from you.

You got up from your seat and followed him.
You then put your arm around his waist and rested your head on his back.
“Give it baaaccckk~~” You whined as you shook him.

“N-No!! Let go!” Jonghyun tried to get you away from him.
Powerless, you fell down and lying on the floor.
“Oh my God, I’m sorry!” Jonghyun apologized as he tried to help you up, but you just smiled and chuckled.
Jonghyun then dragged you to the sofa beside him and lie you down there.
You slowly closed your eyes and fell asleep.
Jonghyun sighed in relief knowing you are now asleep.
He then started to clean up the room.




After a while, Jonghyun almost finished up cleaning.
All that’s left for him to do is throw out the bin.
But then you got up from your sleep and covered your mouth, “ya..”
Jonghyun turned around to see you covering your mouth. “I feel sick…”
At that instant, Jonghyun dropped the bin bag.
Jonghyun knew you were going to throw up.
He ran to you and carried you all the way to the toilet.
Luckily, Jonghyun was just right on time.



You washed your face after you throw up.
You feel slightly better after throwing up but you still couldn’t walk properly.
Once you get out of the toilet, Jonghyun quickly caught you before you fall or hit the wall.
“Better?” Jonghyun asked.

You unintentionally ignore his question and start to mumble things.
“I hate it so much when we have a school festival and we are using Cinderella’s plot for the drama… I-H-A-T-E-I-T!!!!!!” You screamed out your lungs.

Jonghyun quickly covered your mouth with his hand because he heard the door being unlocked.
He took a quick glance at the clock and it shows nearly 3am.
.’ Jonghyun thought.
He knew that his parents are home now.

“mmh!!mhmmmhhhhh!!!!” You mumbled.
Jonghyun had no choice left but to go inside your room, dragging you along.


“Why is the bin here?” Jonghyun’s mom said as she saw the bin in the living room.
She picked up the bin and about to throw it away but she saw the silhouette of soju bottles in the white bin bag.
Her kind and gentle eyes changed into a glare, like a female lion hunting for its prey...


.

.

.

.

.

For some reason, i actually enjoyed making Seohyun as the antagonist..
Thanks for reading!!