Jonghyun's mom

Under One Roof


.

.

.

.

“Why is the bin here?” Jonghyun’s mom said as she saw the silhouette of soju bottles in the bin.
She looked at her husband who’s closing the front door.

“What’s wrong?” Her husband asked.

“Nothing.” She said. “I’m going to throw this away first. You can go up and take a shower first.” She then went out to throw the bins away.



Meanwhile, Jonghyun just entered your room.
He switched on the light that is just right beside the door.
He carried you in a bridal style to your bed and lie you there.
“Fiuhhh… She’s pretty heavy for a girl.” Jonghyun heaved.

“What did you say?” You sat on your bed.

“Just go to sleep already!” Jonghyun said. “If my parents see us like this, what will they think about?” Suddenly Jonghyun remember what he was about to ask you last time.

“Hyosun, I wanted to break up with Krystal..” Jonghyun said and you just looked at him. “What do you think is a good way to break up?”

“Did you plan what you are going to say to her?”

“Yes..”

“Then let me hear it.”

“Okay…” Jonghyun adjusted his position, and sat right in front of you.
He took a deep breath before he practiced what he prepared to say to Krystal.
After taking another few deep breath, he then started, “Krystal…”


 


At that time, Jonghyun’s mom just reached the second floor.
She was still curious with the soju bottle, so she decided to check up on Jonghyun.
When she opened Jonghyun’s room, Jonghyun is not there. ‘C-Could it be that he’s in Hyosun's room?’ She thought.
She looked at your room’s door and curled up her eyebrows. ‘No.. My son would not do that…
She tip toed to your front door.

Then she put her ear on the door to hear the conversation inside.
“….I love you…” Jonghyun said.
Jonghyun’s mom took a step back from the door, she was surprised of what she heard.
C-Could it be that.. He’s confessing to Hyosun?’ She felt even more curious, so she decided to hear more, but then her husband just got out of the bathroom and saw her.
She quickly moved away from the door.
“What are you doing?” He husband asked casually.
She shook her head and approached her husband, “Nothing… Let’s go to sleep.”
She walked into her room with her husband.


“Krystal.. I love you.. but I don’t have any feelings towards you right now-“
You interrupted him by hitting his hand.

“I haven’t finished yet!” Jonghyun said as he rubbed the part that you hit.

“Why did you start with ‘I love you’? That’s too cheeky! Try it again!” You complained.
Jonghyun then tried to make up another one.
But in the middle of his practice, you slowly fell into a deep sleep.
Jonghyun realized this after half an hour.
He tucked you into bed and went into his own room to sleep.




On the next morning, you woke up at around 10am.
You felt a slight headache.
Oh yeah.. I was drunk last night..
You lazily got up from your bed and took a shower, remembering you have another drama practice at 12.
Once you finished taking a shower, you met Jonghyun on the hallway who’s going to the bathroom.
He gave you a glare.
“What?” You said.
Jonghyun didn’t say anything and smacked your head.
You winced in pain and gave him a look.
Jonghyun didn’t bother to look back and went straight into the bathroom.
‘what the hell is wrong with him..?’


Meanwhile Jonghyun’s mom is talking to your mom early in the morning after preparing the breakfast.
“Yes! I know! I think there’s something going on between them!” She said happily.
“Seriously? Oh My God! Then our dream will come true! We will be a family!!” Your mom said.
“I am so happy about this!!”
 

At that time, you went down the stairs to have breakfast.
Seeing you, Jonghyun’s mom hanged up the phone and greeted you.
“Oh, morning auntie.” You greeted her.

Jonghyun went down the stairs a few minutes after you sat down.
Jonghyun’s mom dragged him to the kitchen and closed the kitchen’s door.
Jonghyun and you both felt nervous because you two are afraid if they found out you were drinking last night.
“What did you guys do last night?” Jonghyun’s mom asked without hesitation.

“W-What we did? Like I told you, we played games.” Jonghyun stuttered.

“Liar.” She replied. “I saw the soju bottles.”
Jonghyun gulped down his saliva.
Jonghyun’s mom took Jonghyun’s hand and patted his head.

“Jonghyun, no matter how desperate you are, don’t use alcohol as a chance for you to get a girl. It won’t leave a good impression.” She adviced. "But then again.. Alcohol is good.. I will tell you what you should do with drunk girls the next time."

“Eeh??” Jonghyun responded.
Jonghyun’s mom then went into the dining room to have breakfast, Jonghyun followed behind her.
Jonghyun sat down while giving a weird stare at his mom.
Once he sat down, you nudged him to ask what she said.
Jonghyun just shook his head.


“Ya, can you pass me the water jug please?” You asked Jonghyun.
But Jonghyun ignored you and kept eating.

“Ya.” You called him a few more times and he’s still ignoring you.

“Jonghyun, what are you-“ Jonghyun’s mom were about to speak up but you hit his hand lightly.
Jonghyun finally looked at you, giving you an innocent look.

“I asked you more than a thousand times to pass me the water!!” You said.

“I don’t want.” Jonghyun pouted.

“Why?”

“Only if you call me ‘oppa’.” He looked at you and grinned.

“…… never mind.” You got up from your seat, about to get the water yourself.

But then Jonghyun grabbed the water jug first.
“Oppa.” He said.

“Why do I have call you ‘oppa’?”

“What’s wrong with it? You’re younger than me anyways.”
Jonghyun’s mom and dad just watched them arguing.
Jonghyun’s mom concluded something in her mind whilst watching you two.
She thought that Jonghyun had been dying for you to call him ‘oppa’.
She had an idea to herself.
When you two are off to college, she called your mother and tell her about what happened this morning.




In the middle of the way, you met TOP and SeoHyun, who were going towards the college too.
You stopped walking and stared at them.
It was just yesterday when you knew about their relationship and you were so upset about it, now you have to see them together early in the morning.
“Why are you stopping?” Jonghyun asked.

He then looked up and see what you see. “Just act normal.”

Jonghyun said as he ruffled your hair.
Jonghyun put his arm around your shoulder and push you forward to keep walking.
SeoHyun then noticed you and Jonghyun.
She quickly let go of her hand that was holding TOP’s.
“What’s wrong?” TOP asked.
“N-Nothing.” SeoHyun said.
TOP looked to the right and see the two of you.
TOP thought that SeoHyun is just shy to be seen by others while like she’s acting all lovey dovey with her boyfriend.
TOP then greeted you. “Morning.”
Jonghyun and you nodded.
“Morning.” Jonghyun greeted back.
“M-morning..” SeoHyun said shyly.
The four of you then walked together to the college.

 

During the day of the practice, SeoHyun spazzed out a lot.
She often took a glance of you and Jonghyun together.
You two were so close, and always stick to each other.
“SeoHyun?” TOP patted on her shoulder.

“Y-Yes?” SeoHyun responded. “Sorry, I was just-“

“No, it’s fine. So yeah, I was..” TOP continued telling his story, but SeoHyun would still looking at you and Jonghyun.
After a while, SeoHyun excused herself to the toilet.
In the toilet, she met Krystal.
“SeoHyun!” Krystal greeted her.

“Oh hi.” SeoHyun greeted back.

“Is Jonghyun doing his practice?”

“Yeah and I think he’s done with it. He’s only been watching the practice for the last 20 minutes.”

“Oh.. really..” Krystal sounded sad. “Does he has his phone with him?”

“Yup. It was on his hand the whole time.”

“I tried calling him but he didn’t pick it up. I wonder if he’s mad at me or something.”

“Don’t think like that. I don’t think Jonghyun is that kind of a person.. Maybe he put it on silent or something..” SeoHyun tried to cheer Krystal up.
Krystal smiled, she felt better.
 




When SeoHyun arrived home, her mom was already waiting for her.
“SeoHyun, can you send this to Hyosun?” Her mom asked while handing her a bag.

“Sure. What is it?”

“Oh, I just made some cakes and I wanted to give some to her. Oh and, send it to the house next to it, number 83.”

“83? But her house is 82.”

“Didn’t I tell you that her parents are in Hawaii at the moment? So she’s living with her neighbor.”

“Oh okay. Then I’ll send it to her now.” SeoHyun said. SeoHyun opened her cellphone and send you a text message, telling you that she’ll be over to send you some cakes.
 



“Who is it?” Jonghyun asked as he peeked on your mobile.

“SeoHyun.” You frowned.

“Why is she texting you all of a sudden?”

“She said that she’s sending over some cakes.”

“Yayy!! We got a snack!” Jonghyun cheered.

“Sshhh!! I can’t hear the movie!” You said.
Jonghyun then shut his mouth and continued watching the movie with you.

“Hyosun” Jonghyun’s mom called you out from the dining room. “your mom is calling. She wanted to talk to you.”

You got up from your seat to answer the phone.
“Yes mom?” You said.
As you were talking to your mom, you didn’t have the chance to say a word to her since she’s been lecturing you the whole time.
And the lecture is about referring Jonghyun as ‘oppa’.
“Okay? Make sure to call Jonghyun ‘oppa’.” She said before she hanged up the phone.
You placed the phone back to where it belongs and walked back into the living room where you were watching movie with Jonghyun.
“What did your mom said?” Jonghyun asked casually.
“Lecture.” You simply answered.
 




Half an hour later, SeoHyun arrived in front of Jonghyun’s house.
She rang the doorbell.
You ran to open the door for her.
When you opened the door, you see SeoHyun who’s impatiently waiting for you.
“Here, quickly take it.” She said.

“..” You mumbled under your breath.
You walked towards her and took the cake from her.

At that time, Jonghyun came out of the house.
“Hyosun, let’s go to the convenience store, I want to buy soft drinks.” Jonghyun said.

“Now?” You asked and he nodded.
SeoHyun was surprised to see Jonghyun coming out of the house.

“Isn’t Jonghyun in 81?” SeoHyun asked.

“I moved from 81 to 83.” Jonghyun said.

“Anything else?” You asked coldly.

“No.” SeoHyun bowed a little to Jonghyun and ignored you, and left.
You insisted to put the cake inside the house before going to the convenience store, but Jonghyun said that he will carry it.
So then the two of you go to the convenience store.


While SeoHyun made her way back, she called Krystal.
“Hello?” SeoHyun said as Krystal picked up the phone. “I think I know the reason why Jonghyun didn’t pick up his phone.”