The dinner

Under One Roof

.

.

.

.

.

You went into your bedroom after taking a shower while drying your wet hair with a towel.
As you sat on the bed, your phone rang and it is from TOP.
TOP oppa? Why?’ You thought. 'Oh ! Is it about SeoHyun? Did she say anything to him?
You gasped as thought about it. As much as you are afraied to asnwer the call, you pressed the 'answer' button.
“Hyosun! What's up??” TOP greeted cheerfully like usual.

“Y-ye?” You replied.

“Just wondering, do you know what SeoHyun is up to right now? She’s not picking up her call at all.”

“I don’t know, you can try calling her home.” You suggested.

“Oh yeah right. Okay, thanks! Good night!” He hanged up the phone.

“Thank God.. I can’t imagine what he will be like if he knew about me hitting SeoHyun…” You murmured.
After a while, you felt weird because you just got heartbroken by him exactly 3 days ago but you feel nothing.
When you hear his voice, you don’t feel sad at all, like it is normal.
This is weird..’ You thought.
 


JongHyun’s mother knocked on your door and you allowed her to come in.
When she came in, she have this huge grin on her face.
“Hyosun...” She said. “Are you doing anything after school tomorrow?”
“No..” You shook your head.
“Oh, that’s good. Do you mind coming to a dinner with us?”
“Sure.” You smiled at her.
“Nice!!” She smiled. She then hugged you before she left your room.




On the next day, you went to school together with JongHyun after breakfast as usual.
You didn’t see SeoHyun anywhere on that day which made you feel as if you won.
Even when TOP approached you to ask about SeoHyun, you answered normally, like you did nothing bad.
“Oh.. Okay then.. Thanks..” TOP sounded disappointed.
He then walked back into his class while trying to call SeoHyun a few more times.

“I don’t get this..” You sighed.

“You don’t get what?” JongHyun asked.

“I just got ‘dumped’ by him a few days ago, but I feel nothing when I see him. Do you feel like that as well after you dumped Krystal?”

“I feel extremely super mega duper bad…” JongHyun exaggerated. “I heard she cried badly after the break up. Guess I was too mean..”

“So you're still a human with feelings...” I commented. When he heard it, he glared at you.

I quickly cleared my throat. "I mean..  of course. You will feel bad after you hurt someone."

"But in your case, it is YOU who got ‘dumped’.” JongHyun explained. “But I think that you don’t actually like TOP.”

“What do you mean?”

“Like he’s your crush, not your love.”

“Maybe that is right..”
 




After school, you walked back home with JongHyun.
Once you’ve arrived home, JongHyun’s mom greeted you two, she was watching TV.
“You guys remember that we will eat out tonight right?”

“Yes.” JongHyun and you answered.

“Get ready now, because the restaurant we will be going to is a little bit far.” She said. “I’ll give you two 30 minutes.”
JongHyun and you went up to your own room and get ready to go.
Once done, you two walked downstairs where JongHyun’s parents has been waiting.
JongHyun and you went into the car and headed straight to the restaurant.
JongHyun drove the car, you sat on the sit next to him while his parents were sitting at the back.
 


The restaurant that you went to is very grand, and you know that it is a high class one just by looking at it.
JongHyun’s parent has booked a table you all.
You felt slightly bad because it is an expensive restaurant yet they treated you.
“How nostalgic..” JongHyun’s mom said, “This is where your mom and dad met.”
They met up in this expensive hotel??!?’You thought.
JongHyun’s parents led you to the restaurant that is located on the 30th floor.
Once you arrived at the restaurant entrance, the waitress led you to the table that has been booked.
The 4 chaired table is placed next to the window, and you can see the beautiful view of the city there.
As the four of you walked, JongHyun’s mom nudged JongHyun’s dad to remind him of an action that they have discussed. JongHyun’s dad then took a seat before everyone else, he took a seat that is not near to the window (I dunno how to explain it… soz..).


JongHyun about to take a seat in front of his dad, assuming that his mom would sat next to his dad as usual.
But his mom gently pushed him aside,
“go sit beside your dad.”
Without hesitation, JongHyun followed his mom’s order.
So in the end, you are sitting next to JongHyun’s mom and facing JongHyun.
JongHyun’s parent gave each other a huge smile.


JongHyun’s parent allowed you to order whatever we want, but you are so confused seeing the Italian/French orwhatever confusing language it is, yet the 3 digit amount on the side made you hesitated.
JongHyun and his parents already know what they wanted, except you.
“What’s wrong Hyosun?” JongHyun’s mom asked.
“I.. I just don’t know what to order.” You said.
“Don’t be shy, just order whatever you want.”
“I know you know what you wanted to order. Just say it out loud, doesn’t matter if it is a lot, you’re a pig afterall.” JongHyun laughed.
You gave JongHyun the look and kicked his feet under the table.
JongHyun hissed at you.

Once you two started fighting, it will take forever.
“Stop! Stop! Stop! Romantic mood! You have to be romantic!!” JongHyun’s mom said and it made JongHyun, you, and his dad stared at her.
She cleared realizing this. “I-I mean.. You two have to help us create a romantic mood because.. it’s our anniversary afterall..”
“Oh.. Sorry..” You and JongHyun apologized.
Since it took you long to decide, JongHyun ordered the food for you.


While waiting for the food to come, JongHyun’s parent hold each other hand right in front of you and start talking about how they meet each other.
They are being too close.. too romantic.. and greasy in a way.. This made you and JongHyun felt uncomfortable.
JongHyun and you tried to start a conversation but JongHyun’s parent would always made their voice louder somehow.
“Hyosun, Have you done your homework?” JongHyun asked.
JongHyun’s mom suddenly giggled loud enough for you two to hear and turned around to see them.
The would always made their voice loud whenever you two are talking about something that is unrelated to relationship.
They wanted you two to talk about relationship and started to get close.


The food then came, you were surprised that the food JongHyun ordered for you is sooooo big, while his is like half of yours.
He laughed seeing you, and you pouted. “You have to help me finish it..” You said.
“araso.. araso..” He laughed.
JongHyun’s parents are happy to see you two like that. Even when eating, JongHyun’s parents still try their hard.
JongHyun’s mom would feed a bite to her husband, just like a young lovey dovey couple.
This is even more awkward than their conversation before.
It made you and JongHyun just concentrate on eating and not bothering to look at them.
Amazingly, you are able to finish up the whole thing, maybe you are hungry.
 



Even when you guys are done with the dinner, JongHyun’s parent insisted to stay for a couple more hours.
“What? What do you guys want to do in here?” JongHyun asked.

“Well.. it’s our anniversary..” JongHyun’s mom replied.

“Anniversary f your meeting? Yeah right… Then what the two of us gonna do then?”

“There’s a garden on the 25th floor, you can go there and take a walk or something.”

“That’s better..” JongHyun then got up from his seat and told you to come with him so you go.

 

You and JongHyun entered the elevator and went down to the 25th floor, where the garden are.
When you two entered the garden, it seemed like no one was there.
You and JongHyun took a walk around the garden without talking to each other at all.
After a while, you and JongHyun took a seat on a bench in the middle of the garden.
What you two didn’t know is that, the place where you two are sitting can be seen from the window on the 30th floor right where you sat.
JongHyun’s parents happily monitored you two in the garden.
“So, mr and mrs Lee, how is it going with the plan??” A guy greeted them.
JongHyun’s parent turned around to see their friend, the owner of the hotel.

“oh, mr Kim!” JongHyun’s dad greeted.

“Just call me 'Taewoo' like you normally did before...” He said. “Now, when should we start the process?”

“Now..” JongHyun’s mom said.

.

.

.

.

.

Welcome new readers :)

Glad that you guys enjoyed the story so far, seeing from the comments :)