Twenty-Five

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter Twenty-Five

Updated on 2nd of December 2013.

-

 

The moment she opened her eyes, she felt the immense happiness rambling in her chest she felt the day before as if it still had an effect on her. She sighed in bliss as she stared at the ceiling as she recalled the incident last night. His confession, his actions and his sweet kisses made it into her bucket of memories she could look back on - it was simply amazing. As she sat up on the bed, there was this deep feeling in her gut that her school days would be different. She giggled softly as she hugged the blanket wrapping around her tight with a blush evident on her cheeks when she remembered how bold she was in cupping his face to crash their lips together. She then hurriedly got up from her bed to get ready for school - she couldn't wait.

 

"Ready?" A voice spoke up as she stepped out of the door. She had already took a shower and told her grandmother goodbye after a small chat of what happened last night. The joy her grandmother felt knowing her daughter has someone to take care of her was indescribable - she felt more than just glad. "O-Oh. What are you doing here?"

He snorted, "Walking my girlfriend to school."

With that, his hand snatched for hers as he gripped onto her hand tight before lacing them together. She felt like it would be regular for her heart to be beating this fast all the time if he keeps this up. Him on the other hand didn't know where this side of possessiveness came from but it was sure making him more bold and upfront than he was before. He felt good knowing that officially, she belongs to him and he belonged to someone. Waking up everyday knowing he has her heart felt like a blessing - a never ending dream.

 

"Calm down. It's normal." Kyungsoo assured her as they were going to reach the front doors of their school. "H-How are you so calm about this?" She questioned meekly with her head hanging know. He abruptedly stopoed walking to let go of her hands as he gripped onto her shoulders to make her face him. "Listen to me, Hae Lynn. It's been so long since I've ever felt this way. Well, cross that. This is the first time I've felt this way and I want to do it right. I want to be able to show everyone that we're together - that no one should interfere with what we have." He pulled her closer and pressed his forehead against hers, "You like me, right?"

With the slight nod of her head and a blush on her cheeks was all it took for him to give a peck on her lips befote they resumed walking, hand in hand.

 

Gasps could be heard and the shock was evident in the people they passed by in the hallways when the two walked in together. She had her head hanging low with a blush on her cheeks as they walked - he had nothing to lose. He was indirectly showing them 'Yes, this is my girl' and he was proud of it. A month or two of crushing on her and now he gets to hold her hand proudly as if he owned her - well that was a bit exaggerating but we'll let him have his moment here.

As she wanted to pull away, he simply gripped onto her hand tighter, walking past her locker to head over to EXO-K and Nicole standing by Joon Myun's locker.

 

Kai whistled lowly and he clapped a few times to grab everyone's attention. "Guys, heads up! New couple on the way!"

With that, EXO-K and Nicole turned their heads towards the new couple walking towards them. Kyungsoo being the one having a smile on his face while Hae Lynn still couldn't stop blushing as if she was born to be a cherry all her life. "Hey." Baekhyun greeted with a toothy grin and Kyungsoo gave a nod in return. He then squeezed Hae Lynn's hand and she lifted her chin to smile at everyone staring at them tentively. "H-Hi."

Within seconds Hae Lynn was pried away from Kyungsoo's grip as Nicole broke away from Joon Myun's embrace to press Hae Lynn against the locker beside them. "The two of you are together?!"

"Y-Yeah..." Hae Lynn nodded meekly and Nicole's mouth gawked. "You never told me you liked-" Nicole used her thumb to point over her shoulder, "-him!"

"I... I was shy." Hae Lynn mumbled softly and Nicole shook her body vigrously. "Shy?! You're shy?! I'm your best friend!"

"Seems like you have to pay up, Baek." Kai slung his arm over the shorter and Baekhyun grumbled, pulling out five bucks before he shoved it into Kai's hands. "Take it you little money face." Baekhyun huffed and Sehun smirked at Kyungsoo. "Looks like it took you faster than I imagined." Sehun spoke up and Kyungsoo eyed Sehun with an eyebrow raised. As much as Kyungsoo didn't want to, he was grateful to Sehun, in a way. Sehun made him realize his feelings sooner and made him have the courage to make a move and he did. If it wasn't for Sehun, he probably wouldn't have done it this quick. "Thanks... Sehun."

Everyone froze and no one spoke as they turned to look at the two - Kyungsoo and Sehun.

Nicole allowed Hae Lynn to slip away from her grip as Hae Lynn returned to Kyungsoo's side as she stood beside him with eyes wide open as he gaze alternated from Kyungsoo to Sehun and back to Kyungsoo again. "T-The two of you are being nice." She muttered in disbelief, causing Sehun to smile at her before he let his smile travel to Kyungsoo. "Since he's your boyfriend now, I have to."

Kyungsoo then tilted his head to look at his girlfriend. "Yeah, since I'm your boyfriend now. I have to be nice to a lot of people."

She bit her lower lip as she kept quiet but honestly, both Sehun and Kyungsoo were kidding - she was just so tempting to fool. 

 

"How come you never told me?" Nicole asked with a whine and Hae Lynn smiled apologetically, "I didn't know what you would think so... I thought I'd keep it in..."

"But I'm your best friend, Hae! I know everything about you inside out and when I say that, I mean it." Nicole huffed, pushing her tray of food away when Hae Lynn held onto her hand right after Nicole did that. "I'm sorry... Okay? I'll make it up to you."

A tinge of playfulness sparked in Nicole. "You'll do anything?" Nicole confirmed and Hae Lynn nodded twice without hesitation.

"Anything?"

This time Hae Lynn felt nervous.

 

"Y-Yah! I didn't know you would be this heavy!"

"Hey! I'm not that heavy!" Nicole retorted as she hugged around Hae Lynn's neck tighter. "C'mon! Two rounds around the cafeteria!"

Everyone looking at Hae Lynn and Nicole simply laughed - the two were really the clowns of the school that managed to put smiles on people's faces. Hae Lynn grumbled but hoisted Nicole up so she wouldn't fall off her back as she walked around the cafeteria as she announced, "Nicole is my best friend and if I hide anything from her again, I will be her slave for life."

When she reached EXO-K's table, they couldn't contain their laughter upon seeing Nicole's ecstatic look while Hae Lynn had a grumpy look on. She huffed and made sure Nicole was secure on her back as she announced again the line Nicole gave her. "Seriously?" Sehun couldn't help but let out a small laugh and Hae Lynn groaned softly. "I don't want this either but it's to make up to this princess on me for not telling her."

"Babe, don't you think you're a little harsh on her?" Joon Myun spoke up with a smile and Nicole shook her head as she rested her chin on Hae Lynn's shoulder. "Nope. I don't feel guilty at all. Probably because I love her so much."

Hae Lynn rolled her eyes as she hoisted Nicole up again. "If you loved me you wouldn't want me to suffer."

"Now now, you still have to keep going! See you around boys!"

The rest of the boys by the table waved at them with small words of goodbye whereas Kyungsoo smiled at her pitifully. "See you in class." He mouthed the words to her and she caught that quickly before she turned around. Her hand under Nicole's knee reached over to her back as she showed him an 'O.K.' sign secretly that brought a wider smile to his face. The boys by the table focused on Kyungsoo and his smile before they started teasing him for the fifth time today.

 

Hae Lynn on the other hand, kept doing this until she reached a specific table.

He lifted his chin to smile at her and she froze, with Nicole tapping on Hae Lynn's shoulder confusingly. "It's just Minhyuk."

Hae Lynn gulped and Minhyuk smiled as if nothing happened, "Yeah, it's just me."

"M-Minhyuk..."

He got up from his seat to ruffle her hair slightly before smiling at her with his perfect set of teeth. "I'll see you around... Lynnie."

Her eyes widened and her lips parted when he called her that. He hasn't called me that in a long time... With that, he gave a light tap on her head before he picked his bag up to walk away. "Continue!" Nicole beamed on Hae Lynn's back and she was brought back to reality with a sheepish grin. "W-Will do, ma'am."

 

When school was over, Hae Lynn was walking down the halls as she reached her locker. She stood in front of it with a huff as she opened her locker to stuff all her books in - she couldn't carry it back today because now her back feels a bit sore - thank you Nicole. As she closed her locker, a boy walked past by her and her eyes followed his back. He looked over his shoulder to give her a small smile before he faced forward as he headed straight towards the library. With her lips parted and hand raised, she wanted to go after him but,

"Hae Lynn!"

Her hand fell as she looked over her shoulder only to smile when Kyungsoo stood behind her, turning her around by her shoulders.

"Shall I come over?"

With a grumble, she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Just because we're boyfriend and girlfriend, you think you can invite yourself over?"

"Oh." He nodded as he leaned in to peck her lips before he smirked at her. "I'll walk you home. Let's go now." Gripping onto her hand tight, he tried to drag her away but she remained still as she tugged him back. He looked over his shoulder only to raise his eyebrow at her as he let go of her hand. "What's wrong?"

"I... I have to go to the library for a moment. I'll come over to your place instead, wait for me?"

He groaned as he raked his fingers through his hair. "You're lucky I actually like you."

"Thanks!" With a big smile, she let go of his hand and her heels to walk towards the library but he cleared his throat. Looking over her shoulder again, he raised an eyebrow at her. Grinning softly, she went back towards him to give him a kiss on the cheek before she smiled at him warmly. "Better?"

"Go on. Fulfill your needs in the library." With a wave of his hand, she chuckled and did as she was allowed to by going to the library. 

"You changed man." A voice spoke up behind Kyungsoo and he turned around to meet with Sehun's eyes. "Don't even say anything." He warned Sehun lowly but Sehun simply smirked. "I didn't say anything offensive."

"You would if I didn't warn you."

"You call that a warning?" Sehun nearly laughed but Kyungsoo simply shrugged it off - it didn't matter to him anymore as long as he had Hae Lynn by his side.

 

"Minhyuk?" Hae Lynn called out softly as she walked into the empty library. Her eyes scanned the place but frowned when she didn't see him in here - she could've sworn that he came this way though. With a slight pout, she wanted to leave until she heard her name being called out. She narrowed her eyes at where she thought she heard the voice and then he popped out from behind the bookshelf to reveal himself as he smiled at her. "Lynnie."

"M-Minhyuk..." She breathed out softly as she made her way towards him nervously - she still didn't know what to say.

Should she act like everything was alright too?

"I...-"

"Don't say it, Lynnie." Minhyuk spoke up as he leaned against the bookshelf when she stood a few steps away from him. 

"But I-"

"I have to go now. It was nice talking to you." As he said that, he hurriedly brushed past her with his bag over his shoulder as he left the library to leave her standing there alone. She pressed her lips together as she turned around to stare at the library door closing as he had just left. "I didn't even get to say anything..."