[Chapter 7- The three of them’s past; part 2]

Couple or Friends?

“…”

“Hey Dae! Did you apologiz.. what the ?”

Daehyun was staring at Himchan, who was breathing hardly, for a few minutes; giving an expression of ‘This is impossible.’ But when Chanyeol came running to the canteen, he stood beside Daehyun and covered his mouth.

“… was it.”

“What?” Chanyeol looked at Daehyun closely.

“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?! WHO WAS IT. GET YOUR RIGHT NOW.” Daehyun kicked a chair near him, and shouted in anger.

“… Daehyun-ah, chillax. We can find him after you calm down.” Chanyeol held Daehyun’s shoulders and gave a peaceful speech. However, Daehyun’s anger was bigger than any of the peace that people could give him now. Because it was Himchan who got injured; his best friend. After Chanyeol brought Daehyun to the class and made him sit down, Daehyun messed his hair while looking out of the window, trying to figure out who it was.

“Daehyun-ah. A girl is outside waiting for you.”

Frustrated, Daehyun went out of the door with hands on his pockets. And then, he saw a red-haired girl who was facing down, playing with her hands.

“Kim Taeyeon?” Daehyun stood in front of her.

“H,hey!! Uh.. Um.. here.” Taeyeon gave a movie ticket to him. Daehyun stared at Taeyeon’s hands and her head. Then, he simpered shortly.

“Hah, so you want me to go out with you when your boyfriend, who is my best friend, is in hospital? Are you kidding me or something? Look. The villain will never be me. Or would I step in to make myself A VILLAIN. Not going.” Daehyun turned to the classroom again and started to walk in, but then, a whisper behind him made his foot stop.

“T..that was a lie. I love you, not him. I tried to approach you by Himchan. I know I am such a for playing around with him but.. but.. okay. I understand you won’t go out with me. Bye Daehyun..”

After a few seconds, Daehyun continued to go in, promising to himself not to be swayed by Taeyeon and her tears.

“Yah.”

“…”

“Jung Daehyun.”

“….”

“JUNG DAEHYUN PABO STUPID IDIOT DUMB ALWAYS GET 20 IN MAT..”

“Shut up. Let’s go home now.” Daehyun woke up and covered Chanyeol’s mouth to stop his way of alarm for Daehyun. Though Chanyeol HATED people who stopped him from talking, but this time, Chanyeol smiled like a dork and nodded. While packing his bag, a sound from Daehyun’s phone rung.

“A message delivered.”

He unlocked his phone and saw the text, then he opened his eyes wide and pulled Chanyeol and ran to the hospital.

‘He woke up.

From; 01028384***

On June 2nd 2009.’

--------------------------------------------(Hospital)------------------------------------------------------------------

Daehyun and Chanyeol ran to the 3rd floor as soon as they reached the hospital, ignoring the fact that they were breathing hardly from their fast sprint on the way to the hospital just now.

“Here we are.” Daehyun cleared his throat and stood in front of the door which was named, ‘3029.’ Then, he slowly opened the door and went in with Chanyeol.

“Hey guys!” Himchan greeted them with a smile though he was in all those bandages around him. When Daehyun looked at Himchan, he sighed in a relief and walked closer to him.

“Yah you freaking . Who told you to let them beat you up? And which brave was it?”

Giggling, Himchan gave the two friends a chair to sit. “Hahaha, no Daehyun. They are just scars.” He patted on Daehyun’s shoulders. Still worried, Daehyun kept on looking around Himchan’s body.

“Uhh,” Himchan cleared his throat. “Baby, would you leave us alone for a while?” Himchan said to Taeyeon as she was beside Himchan, hugging his arm. Hearing that, Taeyeon walked to the door, staring at Daehyun.

“So, what’s up?” Daehyun asked.

Himchan stared into Daehyun’s eyes for a while. Then he held onto his head, looking ever so tired. “Do you… like her?”

“? Who?”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

As Himchan asked him in a serious way, Daehyun busted out laughing, “Me? Taeyeon? You serious? No way man. Why would I love my friend’s girl? No way. Just no.”

“Yeah, I guess so too. If you love her, I can understand that. But if you go out with her, I will break our  friendship.” Himchan laughed with him and spoke in a joke way. Daehyun smiled too, but felt something very uncomfortable in the very deep side of his heart.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PEOPLE LEGGO PARTY OMG ME HUNGREH” Chanyeol literally jumped to them as he made a hideous sound. Hearing the laughter from outside Taeyeon faced down and led her tears flow, “Himchan-ah… sorry.. Daehyun ah.. sorry..”

Meanwhile in the room, Chanyeol, Daehyun and Himchan were discussing about hanging out tonight.

“LEGGO TO THE CLUB.”

“. First, we are under aged. Secondly, HIMCHAN CAN’T CHECK OUT YET.” Daehyun shook his head.

“Then, bring food and come back here! We can have fun anywhere when we are together, right?” Himchan giggled.

“So cheesy ah. Alright. Meet you here at 9.” Daehyun and Chanyeol went back home to prepare for the party. When Chanyeol opened the door, he saw Taeyeon looking for Daehyun.

“… I will wait for you in the lorry.” Chanyeol went ahead as he called Daehyun.

“Uhh.. Can I talk to you for a second..?” Taeyeon asked in a desperate way when Daehyun stepped out. “For a second. Just for a second..”

“… Fine.” Daehyun followed Taeyeon to talk, as he was taking a pity of her, and he wanted to make this the last time he see her.

-At night-

“Hey, Chanchan!!” Chanyeol opened the door wide and ran to Himchan with huge bags of crackers, breads, candies and… some beers.

“HAHAHAHAH. Dude, beer? Honestly? xD” Himchan laughed as he saw the inside of the bags. And Chanyeol chuckled, “Well, YA KNO.”

“Is Daehyun there yet?” Himchan asked Chanyeol , who was rolling on the small bed next to Himchan.

“Let me call him.” He held his phone and started to dial Daehyun’s number. As the signal went on, Chanyeol’s face became stiffer and stiffer.

“.. Hey, what’s wrong?” Himchan patted Chanyeol’s shoulders.

“Let me call Eunji.” Chanyeol offed his call to Daehyun and dialed his sister instead, Jung Eunji.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Eunji-yah! Where is your brother?” As Chanyeol went on the conversation with Eunji, Chanyeol made a very serious cold face.

“Uh.. What happened?”

“… He’s not there, she said.” Chanyeol said, as he dropped his hand on his leg while holding onto the phone.