-1-

Something Beautiful

**Written in second person**

                There he was, Junhong, or Zelo as he liked to be called, waiting right outside you door. Just like always you thought to yourself. You grabbed your backpack, slung it over your shoulders, grabbed a piece of bread, a carton of banana milk and you were off, ready to start your day once again. You opened the door carefully trying not to drop your ever so nutritious breakfast, “Yah, Junhong-ah, come quick and help me hold the bread and milk. I have to lock the door.”

Junhong obediently did as you commanded and grabbed your bread and milk. You quickly pulled out your pink, flowery house key and twisted it to secure the lock. As you turned around you saw that Junhong had consumed a huge chunk of bread in the matter of seconds, “Gee, thanks Junhong, I’m going to be so stuffed after I eat the crumbs that you left me.” You grabbed your food away from him and started down the block. You could hear Junhong whizzing down the road on his skateboard as he caught up to you.

“Hey, the least you could do is call me ‘Zelo’ and I won’t eat your bread anymore.” He picked up his board and carried it as he walked.

“How does my food connect to your nickname? I mean, all you had to do was bring your own bread from your house, you didn’t have to take it out on me!” You retorted.

“Aish, now look at the time, Stop talking. Finish your food or else we are going to be late!” Junhong Zelo snickered and he watched you scramble to finish your remaining pieces of bread and gulp down the banana milk.

“Here,” You held out your drink, “I can’t finish it. You can have it, Junhong.” You put emphasis on his real name because you knew it would irritate him.

Zelo had a scowl on his face and finished the remaining sips before throwing it in a nearby trash can. Then, he put his skate board on the ground and called your name to tell you to hurry up. You sighed and jogged to where he was and then jumped on to his back.

“Heads up first will you, Haeun?” Zelo groaned under the sudden force of weight.

“Sorry.” You took his backpack and he rode off down the street to your high school. When you and Zelo first tried this, you were surprised that, 1: the skateboard never broke and 2: it took at least 5 minutes off regular walking.               

          After about 3 minutes of riding on the skateboard they halted in front of the school, Winsdor Academy. It sounds fancy, but trust me, it’s not. You hopped off of Zelo’s back and thanked him. Zelo rolled his eyes and walked into school with you. Zelo’s locker was in a hallway that was two sections away from yours. Though, it still amazes you how fast he is because he is never late for the bell, even if he stops by your locker every morning just to ‘check on you’; which by the way you didn’t get because you two had the whole day together and it didn’t amaze you that much because when it came to book smarts, you and Zelo were like identical twins. I guess, one outweighed the other a bit in each subject but you excelled together, as one, just like always.

~

You were in English class writing down notes to prepare yourself for the upcoming test that was to be placed next Friday. You felt a nudge at you elbow and saw that it was Junhong, “What?” you whispered.

“Did you hear about the new student that was supposed to be in our class today?” He whispered back.

“No,” You looked at him confusedly, “Today? Where is he--“ You got cut off when a boy dressed in the school uniform pushed the classroom door open. His coat buttons were undone, his tie was loose and his hair looked disheveled.

He walked down your aisle to get the teacher; all eyes were on him, even yours. The teacher put on a fake smile and took the slip of paper he held out, “Glad that you could join us. Please introduce yourself to the class.”

The boy faced the class with his hands in his pockets, “The name is Jungkook and I don’t like to socialize. So, don’t even think about talking to me.”

You automatically heard whispers spread like a wildfire and you couldn’t help but not just stare at this transfer student’s face. How could this boy look like mess, talk like he ruled the world, and yet be so mesmerizing? You thought to yourself.

Though, you saw Jungkook smirk right at you. You felt another nudge and you snapped out of it, looking at Zelo, “What?”

“Seonsaengnim*.” Zelo told you.

“Huh?” You looked ahead and everyone was looking at you, “Y-yes?”

“Glad to have you back to earth Miss Hwa Haeun, now, I was asking if you would like to be the ambassador and show Jungkook around the school this week. It seems you have the most classes with him anyway.”

“Ah, Sure.” You responded trying to cover up your embarrassment. You wanted to kill yourself and then you thought, what the hell, Junhong has all of the same classes with me, why can’t he do it?!

“You can take the only empty seat next to Miss Hwa Haeun. It seems you will be with her for a while, would that be a problem?”

Jungkook shook his head saying, nope and making sure that his p made a popping sound, before retreating to the empty seat that resided next to you.

He sat down and turned his body to face you. You could feel his stare burning holes into your hair that shielded your crimson face. Your English teacher resumed his lesson and began teaching again, “Aish, there is no way that I am going to be able to take proper notes with him drilling holes in my hair.” You whined and began to scribble down the exact same thing Zelo was writing because you didn’t want to look up.

~

          The bell rang and you packed up your belongings quickly so you could go to your next class room that was on the other side of the building. You were about to leave with Zelo but then you remembered about Jungkook.

“I’ll catch up with you later, okay?” Zelo nodded in understanding and walked out of the class room. You turned around saw him sitting in his chair, sleeping. You seriously contemplated on not waking him up and leaving him there. Though, it would leave a bad reputation on your name for abandoning the helplessly lost transfer student. Gosh, how I wished this was Junhong’s job. You exhaled and kicked his desk.

It had no effect.

You kicked his leg, and once again then it had no effect, so, you went to shake him but he grabbed your wrist before you could touch him. He glared at you, “Did you not hear me earlier when I introduced myself? I said I don’t socialize. Oh, and just so you know I don’t like to be fondled with either.”

 “I was not going to fondle you, I was simply going to-“

“Wake me up so you can show me to my next class?” you looked at him flabbergasted, why would he say that I was going to fondle him when he knew that I was going to wake him up? This boy is impossible.

 “I don’t need your help, if I get lost I tell them that I am new and I couldn’t find my way.” You yanked your wrist away from him and glared. You just lost your ticket to not getting yelled at for being late. You scowled and left the class room. He left you with 2 minutes of rushing to get to your locker, switch text books, and sprint across the building to get to your next class. Halfway to your destination, the bell rang and you cursed Jungkook for making you late.

          You finally reached your class and you were at first hesitant to slid the door open, but you knew you had to at some point. Everyone in class looked at you in surprise. The teacher gave you a cold smile and pointed to the wall not even giving you time to even explain yourself.

You placed your books on your desk and proceeded to the blank white wall. Some people giggled as they saw you kneel on the cold tiles and lift your arms above your head. Zelo watched in sorrow knowing that you were never, ever late. He guessed it was because of Jungkook and he was right. Moments later, Jungkook strides into the room, smirking at you while you were in the uncomfortable position. Jungkook was about to choose an empty seat in the back but the teacher cleared to get his attention.

“Yes?” Jungkook asked roughly.

“Go to the wall next to Hwa Haeun.”

“What? Why, I’m new, of course I would be late, I got lost!” Jungkook answered furiously. You snickered at his reasoning.

“Well, you should have stayed with your ambassador then.” Ms. Cho our teacher countered back.

Jungkook scoffed and with that, you watched as he picked his stuff up denying Ms. Cho’s punishment.

Your arms and knees started to hurt so you cursed him once more, “I hate you so much.” You muttered softly.

“Well, don’t think it’s one sided.” Your eyes widened and watched him stride out the door.

 

:::::

Seonsaengnim* = a teacher in Korean

Tsk, Tsk, got in trouble on the first day! I am really thankful for those of you who subscribed so quickly to this fan fiction, I am actually really scared that I let you down with the first chapter. Though, overall I am super pumped for this story, and I really can’t do it without you guys.

I’m sorry that I keep alternating Zelo’s name to Junhong, it’s just that he usually gets called Zelo, but since Haeun/you has known him for a long time, she can’t quite adapt herself to it because hey, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks /I’m so lame *face palm*/

Anyways, I love you guys so much!

Subscribe and comment your hearts out for how you feel about the story. Suggestions, comments, anything really, let me know I would love to read them ^.^