∞ Jealous Guy ∞

∞ Two Pieces ∞

 

Chapter 9: Jealous Guy [John Lennon]
 
(Kai)
 
I tried to handle it. I couldn't.
 
Krystal and TaeMin looked so happy together these days. And I admit, they looked like a perfect couple. But I had to get all of that out of my head. I knew Krystal had to do this to see who she loved more, but the answer was probably going to be TaeMin. He was with her since they were young, his group was incredibly popular and he seemed so comfortable around her. 
I sighed, continuing my dance on stage more forcefully. After our song had ended, I tore down the stairs to the break room. I chugged down an entire bottle of water and threw it, unexpectedly resulting in hitting Baekhyun.
 
"Dude? What was that for?" Baekhyun hyung asked, rubbing his cheek where the bottle hit him. I was about to apologize, but said, "Don't be such a baby."
 
"A baby?! Excuse me, but I'm older than you, and you're the one who started being immature--" Baekhyun retaliated, only to be stopped by Suho. He pulled us apart and took a deep breath. It must've been hard being the leader of such a big, feisty group like us. Suho really was amazing.
 
I decided I needed to push away all thoughts of Krystal. Even if it was hard. I knew that she would go out with me eventually, just like we had all agreed, but it was just too hard for me. My heart started to harden and all of the repairs that Krystal made started to break down again. Surprisingly, I started to feel hatred for Krystal. Deep down inside, I knew I loved her, but I covered up my pain with hatred. I had never learned any other way.
 
That's when I saw the bright, beautiful face that had once melted my heart. Krystal ran up to me, giving me a hug and saying, "Hey Kai! Great job on stage! You looked the most passionate during your dance!"
 
I took a breath and activated my acting skills. I forcefully pushed her away from me, when she hit  the shelf, causing a burning hair curler to fall straight from six feet above to right on her head. She immediately passed out, collapsing unconsciously to the ground. I regretted my action right away and started in horror at the damage I had caused. Was she okay? Of course she wasn't... This was all my fault.
 
"YAH! What the hell is wrong with you Kai!" Baekhyun screamed in my face, kneeling and cradling Krystal's head. Baekhyun hyung and Krystal were friends, and Baekhyun called an ambulance. When they took her to the hospital, Baekhyun stood in anger and punched me in the face. My nose started bleeding and my molar felt loose. But I deserved it. I ran as fast as I could to the car, speeding to the hospital. I found Krystal lying there, passed out but breathing. She looked like an angel when she was sleeping. Tears started pouring out of my eyes. I never meant for this to happen. I started to sing in misery, "I was dreaming of the past and my heart was beating fast. I began to lose control, I began to lose control. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry that I made you cry. Oh my I didn't want to hurt you, I'm just a jealous guy."