∞ Hurt ∞

∞ Two Pieces ∞

 

Chapter 11: Hurt [Christina Aguilera]
 
(Kai)
 
I had no clue what do to. Krystal had finally woke up and I Had just finished wiping away my tears. I wanted so badly to run in to Krystal, kiss her, tell her I was sorry. But of course, I was too afraid. Instead, I ran away, back to my dorm. I had missed 4 days of my schedule to secretly watch over Krystal, and I knew I would eventually have to make up for it. 
"Hey!" Suho said, bro- me. "How's Krystal?" My entire group EXO gathered around, waiting for the information. I sighed, holding back tears.
 
"She was... Gone. Half-dead for 4 whole days. She woke up just before they were about to call her end. But she's back. She's back hyungs." I said. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I didn't feel quite so ashamed because I saw Baekhyun and Suho tearing up, but they weren't crying nearly as much as I was. We lightly hugged each other, then D.O. threw me a light punch.
"You know you gotta catch up on practice right?" Chanyeol said. I nodded. I worked as hard as I could. For Krystal. For love.
We talked on a variety show and they were asking random questions to EXO. They asked aloof my other members 3 questions each, then it was my turn.
 
"How many girlfriends have you had?" the announcer asked. I winced, the painful memories coming back. I quickly answered, "Just one." I saw Suho shake his head violently from the corner of my eye, motioning for them not to ask these kinds of questions.
 
"Do you prefer kimchi or stew?" they asked. "Kimchi," I replied.
 
"Who is your ideal girl?" 
 
I thought about this for a while. "Someone who I can trust and rely on. Someone who I can take care of. Someone who is kind, giving, generous, thoughtful, and willing to pick me up and heal my heart after I've been broken many times," I said. That was exactly what Krystal had done for me. Yet I had repaid her by putting her into a coma.
 
After the recording, I headed to the beach near where I grew up. I would always come here with my parents. My grandparents were married here. My aunt and uncle took me here to play. My girlfriend and I had met here and shared our first kiss here. Everyone who had left me had come here, and yet here I was. I sat down on the sand alone. I was the only one here. I chucked a handful of sand into the ocean. The mysterious, cold waves splashed my feet. I started singing to loosen myself up.
"Seems like yesterday when I saw your face, you told me how proud you were but I walked away. If only I knew what I know today. Ooh ooh I would hold you in my arms, I would take the pain away. Thank you for all you've done. Forgive all your mistakes. There's nothing I wouldn't do to hear your voice again. Sometimes I wanna call you but I know you won't be there. Oh, I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do. And I've hurt myself by hurting you, Krystal. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE ANYMORE. LET ME DIE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I LOVED!" I screamed. I ran into the ocean. The water was knee high. I ran even more. The water was waist high. I ran further. The water was chest high. I was now swimming to my death when the water overtook me. I let myself into the hands of Mother Nature.