∞ Complicated ∞

∞ Two Pieces ∞

 

Chapter 4: Complicated [Avril Lavigne]
 
(TaeMin)
 
I was happily running to meet Krystal when I saw her with another guy. He was taller than me, stronger than me, cooler than me and better looking than me. I knew Kai, but I had only talked to him a few times and I saw him in a different way now that he was together with Krystal. Were they going out?
 
We went into the pool but Krystal and I stepped aside to talk privately.
 
"Krystie... Are you going out with him?" I asked miserably. She just started laughing and I looked up in hope.
 
"Anniyo oppa! No! Just... Kai's parents and grandparents were dead and his aunt and uncle were murdered. Then he watched his girlfriend die on a train crash. Kai is afraid to love and I'm trying to become good friends with him. But we aren't anything more than friends. For... Nevermind." She said. I was relieved. She was just being the kind and generous Krystal I knew she was. All she was doing was helping out the poor guy.
 
"Aww Krystal! That's so sweet of you," I responded, pulling her into a giant hug. We headed back and joined Kai in the hot tub.
I realized that Kai looked a lot better without a shirt than I did... I was too thin :(
 
And that Krystal was talking more and sitting closer to Kai. I scooted closer to Krystal but kept smiling like everything was casual. But it wasn't. I felt like I had such competition... My friendship with Krystal would be a lot more complicated...
 
(Krystal)
 
Now I was confused. I started seeing TaeMin more as a guy than a best friend. But I was afraid that it might ruin our friendship. And I was kinda crushing on Kai, but I was afraid to love him and possibly hurt him. Aish, life was so hard. Especially because we were all famous.
 
I realized I was talking to Kai a lot more because even though I had a crush on him, I still wanted to become close friends and teach him to love someone. Maybe that someone would be me.
 
And it was so cute watching TaeMin oppa try to get closer to me. He kept scooting a little closer, talking a little more, and worry lines started forming on his forehead. 
 
But I knew I would eventually have to choose between the two of them.
 
Oh geez, fate. Life. Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated.