∞ Count On Me ∞

∞ Two Pieces ∞

 

Chapter 2: Count On Me [Bruno Mars]
 
(TaeMin)
 
I was so bored by the SHINee meeting. All it talked about was how well we were doing. We already knew of our progress, we just needed to work less. We were doing so well; why couldn't we ever have a little fun?
 
I wanted to go see Krystal and go to the pool, like I promised. It would just be me and her... And I was planning on confessing to her that I loved her. Finally, the meeting ended... But we had to practice and practice from then, which was 11:30 AM all the way until 8 PM. I took a deep sigh, then texted Krystal:
 
Hey Krystie,
       Sorry I know I said we could go swimming @ my private pool, but we have to practice until 8pm. We can still go swimming, but just meet me at the entrance at 9pm. I'll bring the keys and a few snacks :) sorry for the delay :( luv u ❤
 
The last part was a bit risky, but if she got freaked out, I would say that I was just kidding. But I wasn't. I loved her.
 
(Krystal)
 
I had managed to get Kai's number from Suho, but he only texted back once, and when he did, all it said was:
 
...hey
 
I had gotten another text from TaeMin, saying that he would need to meet me at the pool at 9 PM. I was a bit disappointed for the delay, but I would have more time to talk with Kai. I wanted to find out why he was so shady and mysterious. Like he was afraid to love.
 
I called Suho, asking him to meet me at a café. When we got there, I got started on the conversation right after we got our food. I asked, "I'm just going to ask you... Why is Kai so dark and unsocial?" 
 
Suho took a deep breath. "Well... I'm not supposed to tell anyone... And not even most of our members know. I only found out because I'm the leader of the group. The rest of our members think he's just a mean kid, but he's not. Kai really is a nice guy... But his parents passed away in a fire when he was only 4 years old. Sadly, he remembers every detail of what happened. Then he went to live with his aunt and uncle, who were mysteriously murdered. His grandparents were already dead, so he had no one else to live with. Kai spent a while on the streets, then auditioned for SM, and he grew up here ever since. And after he and I became best buds, he had a girlfriend. She was a great gal, and Kai loved her so much. But they were in a train which crashed, and Kai was one of the only ones who survived. Even when he had me as his best friend, I had to leave for special training in China for around 3 or 4 years, and for those years, he was all alone. Everyone that Kai has ever loved has left him forever. So Kai is just afraid to love. He's locked up his heart, and acted very shady, but he cares SO much for those around him. He's just scared that if he gives his love to someone, they'll die."
 
My eyes poured tears of pity, sadness and misery. So that was why Kai became who he was. Even Suho started to cry with me. 
 
"Suho oppa. I'm going to unlock Kai's heart and become his closest friend. I promise, I will work as hard as I can and give it all up to help him," I said, determined.  
 
Suho smiled and said, "Thanks Soojung."
 
But I had one more thing to ask... "Suho? Would it be alright if I told TaeMin oppa about Kai? TaeMin is my best friend and I know he can help out with all of his heart." Suho just nodded. I gave him a giant hug and sprinted off. I was ready for my mission.
 
As I was walking back to my dorm, I sang quietly to myself, "Kai: you can count on me me like 1, 2, 3, I'll be there. Cuz I know when I need it I can count on you like 4, 3, 2 you'll be there. Cuz that's what friends are supposed to do: oh yeah."
 
(Kai)
Little did she know, I was listening the entire time and heard everything she said.