∞ Save You ∞

∞ Two Pieces ∞

 

Chapter 12: Save You [Kelly Clarkson]
 
(Krystal)
 
I rolled into the beach that I had always loved as a kid. I was about to run on the sand when I heard someone singing. The voice sounded familiar. I walked closer and I saw that it was Kai!
 
I jumped into a hiding spot, so he couldn't see me. I listened to him sing, his beautiful voice, when I heard him shout, "Krystal, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."
 
I wanted to hug him and tell him, "Don't be sorry! I know you hurt me but I forgive you!"
 
But he said something that really shocked me. He screamed, "I DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE. LET ME DIE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I LOVED!" With that, he ran at the speed of light into the ocean. Was he really thinking of committing suicide? He wasn't just thinking it, he was doing it. I ran as fast as I could after him, swimming using all of my strength. Suddenly, his head disappeared under the unforgiving waves. I had no choice but to dive under and open my eyes. The salt burned and stung my eyes, but I saw Kai's body. I swam towards it, pulling him up. I had just managed to get his unconscious body to the surface when another wave drove us under. I tried as hard as I could to keep us afloat, but it was too much. I couldn't see a thing, Kai's body felt heavier and heavier and my muscles were going numb. I kept swimming, but the waves were controlling us now. I tried fighting them, but the world just kept getting darker and darker...
 
(TaeMin)
 
I finished rehearsing for tomorrow's Music Bank performance, when I got a phone call from Victoria noona.
 
Victoria: TAEMIN???
Me: What is it noona?
Victoria: COME TO THE HOSPITAL. NOW. Krystal and Kai... In the ocean... Unconscious...
Me: Krystal unconscious? Again? And Kai? Oh geez I'll be right there.
 
Without a word, a sped off the hospital, finding the room where Krystal and Kai were. Everyone in f(x) and EXO was there, and I looked around at the crying faces of my friends.
 
"H-how... How did this happen?" I asked.
 
"I..." Luna noona stuttered. She gathered her courage and said, "We're not sure. A tour boat found them floating lifelessly in middle of the ocean."
 
"WHAT?! How did they get there?" I shouted, then lowered my voice in embarrassment.
 
"She told you, we don't know man," Sehun replied calmly, but I could see that he had been crying.
 
The f(x) members were in a mess. This was the second time that Krystal had become like this. It must've been so hard for them.
 
I forgot all thoughts and started crying. My Krystal... My love... Oh Krystie why did you have to become like this?
 
(Krystal)
 
I remember trying to rescue Kai in the deep, dark ocean. Then nothing. I slowly started to wake up, but I remained still. I wanted to hear what the others were saying. I realized that someone was holding my hand, and I knew right away that it was TaeMin. Oh, TaeMin. I wanted to hug him, but I didn't.
 
A while passed and nothing happened. I decided to "officially" wake up then. I started fluttering my eyes, then I heard TaeMin shouting, "Krystie? Guys! GUYS! KRYSTAL'S WAKING UP!!!"
 
I slowly rose up, smiling to see TaeMin looking at me with deep concern. I laughed, and pulled him in for a deep hug. He started crying even more and muttering, "Krystie, I missed you. Don't ever do these things to yourself!"
 
"How you doing?" Baekhyun asked, giving me a light hug. "Good," I said.
 
"So what happened?" Amber said, curious. Everyone else leaned in to hear. I took a deep breath.
 
"Kai... He was on the beach. And I was there too, but he didn't see me. He started singing about how he didn't mean to hurt me and by hurting me, he was hurting himself," I explained. I felt myself tearing up. "Then he said that he deserved to die, just like everyone else he loved had died. So he tried to kill himself by running into the deepest part of the ocean..."
 
"... And you tried to save him," TaeMin finished for me. "Oh Krystie that was so brave of you... But I don't want you putting yourself in danger. Please. I need you." He melted my heart.
 
"Where am I?" I heard a small groan.
 
"Kai?" Suho said. Kai sat up, about some random headache. Then he saw me. I felt a sharp pang in my heart.
"We'll give you a while to talk," TaeMin said, kissing me on the cheek before he and the others left.
 
"Krystal... I'm... I... The word 'sorry' doesn't even come close to what I feel right now," Kai said, starting to cry.
"Kai. Why? Why did you have to do that?" I asked. I wasn't upset at him. Just hurt and guilty.
 
"Thanks for trying to save me... But I never meant to put you in danger. You didn't have to do that," he said quietly. 
 
"NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I DID NEED TO. I can tell, Kai. I can tell how much you hate this. And deep down inside, you know it's killing me. I can tell. Wish you well. And try to change this, but nothing I can say would change anything. Where were my senses? Where were yours? I left them all behind."
 
"Why did I turn away..." Kai finished. He knew what I was referring to.
 
"Kai, I wish I could save you. I wish I could say to you: I'm not going anywhere. I wish I could say to you: It's gonna be alright. But I can't. But for now, I need you to stay with me, Kai. Why else would I have tried to save you? Now I need you to save me."