The Primogen and the Hunter Association

Bloodlust

hohhohhho. I thought this chapter is boring but i have no choice I have to put it. ohohoohohoh..patience!patience

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

The Primogen

Chaerin is preparing herself to meet the council of elders, The Primogen. This is the first time that she will face them in flesh. In the past, she would only send word to the council through Walter because she does not want to mingle with them. This time, it would be different. This time she is going to claim dominance over the council.

The council will convene in an isolated island near Jeju. It is private so nobody dares to come into it. They were riding in a speedboat to get to the island. 

Chaerin was the last one to arrive in the island. Everyone is already inside the meeting place. Chaerin along with Walter and the twins are walking towards a ruin. It was a very old type of building. Then they walked down to the stairs leading further inside underground. There was a secret passage leading further down into the ground. The hallway was very dark. But it does not matter because vampires can see well in darkness. After a few minutes they arrived at a very huge door. It was decorated by gold leaf surrounding every edge. At the middle is a Sigil. It was an ancient Ankh inside a bladed triangle and an eye overlooking a pair of fang with blood dripping from it. It is the symbol of the Antedeluvians. It is her symbol.

Two Vampires are guarding the Door. When they saw her approaching they were trembling as they knelt down and bowed their head. Chaerin just stared at them.

“ Tell the council, the Queen has arrived” Walter commanded them.

Yes, in the vampire world even in the human world, if she wants to, she is the queen. With all the powers she possess she can just do everything she wants. Even high level class vampires tremble at her very presence.

The two guards, immediately stood up with head still bowing then open the door. The other one immediately went inside then announce her arrival.

The elders are talking to each other then suddenly the guard announced “The queen is here!”

Suddenly everyone stopped talking then turn their attention towards the door. They were eager to see their queen. Chaerin slowly walked inside, Walter and the Twins following her. When everyone saw her they all knelt down their right hand on their chest then bowed their head. She just continues to walk towards them. She signaled them to stand up. They all stood up but their heads are still bowing down. Then Lord Tablo, the head of the Primogen approach her.  “It is our greatest honor that you grace us with your presence your highness” he said then slightly bowed his head.

“No, the honor is mine.” Chaerin replied with a very calm voice “Shall we begin?”

“Yes your highness. Please take you rightful place” Lord Tablo is pointing at a platform at the other side of the room where a Throne chair is waiting for her. It was decorated by Sigil the same as the one in the door. She walked towards the platform. The elders couldn’t help but stare at her. They couldn’t believe that their queen is here right now. It is very rare for an antediluvian to be seen during a council meeting.

They were also envious of her because of her perfect beauty. Even for a vampire she is a rare sight. A vampire among vampires.

She sat down in her chair, overlooking the council. Walter is standing on her right side while the twins are on her left side. The council seats are positioned on her right and left side forming a semi circle. They were all wearing black robes. Chaerin is wearing an all-black leather jeans and shirt. With her black leather coat extending down to her feet.

She is staring at them when Lord Tablo start to speak. “ My Kindred, our queen has graced us with her presence to hear and discuss important matters regarding our vampire society.” The council nodded in response

“ Your highness?” Lord Tablo is looking at Chaerin giving her cue to speak

“ Yes. Thank you Lord Tablo. First I would like to thank you all for working so hard to protect our race” Chaerin roam her eyes around the council giving a fake smile.

“I will go straight to the point.” Chaerin continued with a serious tone in her voice “As we already know, the hunter association found the Kruznik Blade” everyone murmured “it is a very powerful weapon that even me won’t heal immediately if sliced by it.” Murmuring continues “ So the only way we can prevent an all-out war , I propose that we make a peace agreement with them”  

“But your highness!” It was Lord Randahl, A high ranking vampire “That is an impossibility. We can’t just let them getaway killing our kind. They have been the ones who are aggressive and eliminating every vampire that they encounter. We are the stronger race so we shouldn’t be afraid of them. We should avenge our kindred who died by their hands and eliminate everyone in the association so that they cannot wield tha Kruznik blade against us”  he said with a very firm voice. The council nodded in agreement with what he said

Chaerin is still calm but serious. “As you said, Lord Randahl, we are the stronger race here. May I add we are the ancient race here we have gathered wisdom humans can’t even imagine. So it is within our capacity to understand human reactions. Compare to us, they are like infants. They fear the unknown. And the only thing they could do to make that fear disappear is to resort in violence. We are the superior race so it falls within us to try and resolve these conflicts with utmost tolerance.”

The council is quiet. They were all staring at their queen with questioning faces. Finally, Lord Tablo speaks

“What do you suggest we do your highness?”

“I need your cooperation. For now, do not kill any member of the association. I will personally talk to the head of the association and negotiate with them and that academy, that is my Domain” the expression on the face of the council is unimaginable. Once the queen declares a place her domain that means no vampire is to harm any human within it except for the queen herself. Anyone who dares to break this rule will be punish by Diablerie. It is a final death that vampires dreaded the most.

“But your highness, that would be very dangerous. You are going to expose yourself” one of the elders protested.

“That is one risk I am willing to take for our race” Chaerin lied. What she really wants to say is:  that is the risk she is willing to take to protect Dara

“If they would agree to negotiate then it would be both beneficial to them and us.”

“So, do I have your approval?” Chaerin ask with a commanding tone in her voice

The council looked at each other, and then they all stood up together with their right in their chest they bowed down “Yes your highness” they all said in chorus except for Lord Randahl.

“ Thank you”Chaerin said still serious “ Don’t break your words or else Diablerie will befall upon you” her voice calm but full of threat. The council trembled in fear hearing her say those words. This is the first time they saw her and they all realized how terrifying an antediluvian is. This is her calm state. How much more when she is angry?

Chaerin stood up without saying another word and walk towards the door the three following her then they just vanished. The power of an ancient vampire, teleportation.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Dara is feeling uneasy right now. They are in Jiyoung’s family mansion. This is where the meeting of the association will be held. And this is the first that they are called to join the meeting. Usually when they have a mission, it’s their master who will hand them the envelope where the details of their mission is written. 

“ Dara?” She was startled when Jiyoung pop out of nowhere

“Yah! Don’t scare me like that! I almost have a heart attack” she yelled while slapping Jiyoung’s shoulder

Jiyoung chuckled “ I am sorry. Why are you so nervous?” Jiyoung raising his eyebrows. He’s so cute

“ Aisssh, the association won’t eat us, so relax. They are not vampires” He jokes

“aigooo..you are right. I just can’t help it. Maybe I am a little bit excited too. I will finally see it”

“A little?” Jiyoung chuckled

“Okay! I am super excited! Happy?” Dara said sarcastically

“You’re so cute” then Jiyoung pinch Dara’s nose. “Let’s go to the meeting room. I think they are about to start.”

“ Okay let’s go” Dara followed Jiyoung into one of the rooms. This mansion is really very huge..

When they entered the meeting room they were greeted with smiles and warm welcome. The Knight class is also in the meeting room. Except for Chaerin and the Kim twin of course. They waive at Jiyoung and Dara.The two waved back at them. They were directed to sit at the front, next to the association’s chairman. Dara’s father, Teddy Park. The association includes many different influential families. They are the families sworn to protect human race against vampires. They work discreetly. You won’t even know that they are members of this underground association. But the Kwon and Park clan are the strongest among the association. It is from these two clan that come a very strong hunter.

When everyone is settled to their seat the chairman spoke. “ Annyeonghaseyo everyone. Today’s meeting will have a great impact in our life” 

Everyone gave the chairman a look of confusion. “Unknown to all of you. I and Kwon Injo, the head of the Kwon clan, had a secret meeting with the vampire queen.”

Everyone gasp in horror. Dara and Jiyoung is so shocked. “How did that happen? How did they find you? What did they do to you?” everyone is trying to ask a question at the same time. Chairman Park signaled them to calm down.

“As you can see we are still alive standing here in front of you so no need to worry” The chairman’s voice is assuring

“Actually, their intentions are to make a peace agreement with us” Mr. Kwon Butted in

“They said that they want humans and vampires to co-exist” all ears are listening to him eagerly

 

Flashback…

Mr. Park is working at his office in the mansion when he felt someone is watching him from behind. He suddenly grabbed his sword the quickly swing it behind me. But the person is faster than him, he dodges the blade then in a split second he was in front of Mr. Park’s desk. “Who are you? What do you want?” Mr. Park yelled while still pointing his blade at the stranger.

“Forgive the intrusion, Mr Chairman” the stranger bowed his head “I am TOP, member of the Justicar, loyal and faithful servant to the queen. I mean you no harm. I came here to bring a message from the queen herself” he’s head still bowing down

Mr. Park lowered his weapon. He cannot believe it. Did he mean a woman is the head of a very powerful race? He cleared his throat “What is it exactly that she wants?” he said in a very very serious tone.

“ She wants to meet you and talk about peace between us”

“ What is my assurance that this is not a plot to eliminate  members of the association?”

TOP smirk “I could have killed you easily right now, but I did not do it, did i? And the queen is true to her word. We will not let harm befall you”

The same visitor came to the head of the Kwon clan

Meeting…

The two head of the clan are patiently waiting in the room where they are going to have meeting. Unlike what they are expected, they are brought in a building full of many people. This eases their nervousness.

The room they were in is just like an ordinary executive meeting room. It is well lit and comfortable. You won’t think that a vampire would be here. Suddenly the door swung open. They were so shocked when they saw a woman entered the room followed by Walter and TOP. She is so beautiful.She has a very strong presence. M.r Park’s eyes widened more when he recognized her. “ Ms. Lee, what are you doing here” he ask with a shock in his voice

Mr. Kwon gave him a questioning look.

Chaerin smiled “Nice to meet you again Mr. Park. It’s nice to meet you Mr. Kwon.Please sit down” Chaerin signaled them to sit across her.

She turned to TOP and Walter “Both of you may leave us now”

Mr Park is still staring at her with disbelief.  “How?” is all he could say?

Chaerin smiled placing her hand in the table “Yes, I am the queen. I am vampire.  And as the queen, I would like to make an agreement with your hunter association.” She said now serious

“ What agreement?” Mr Kwon ask. Mr. Park suddenly recovers his senses

“ Yes what agreement?” he added

“A peace agreement. For our race to co-exist with yours.”

“ How?” Mr Kwon ask

“Let’s begin with your hunting activity” The two are listening carefully “You will not hunt just any vampire. You will hunt only those vampires who have fallen into level E and Ghouls. they are the vampires who already lost their humanity. And those feed directly and kill humans without hesitation. You must respect that drinking blood is our way of life. It is the means of our survival.”

“What assurance do we get that your race would stick to your words?” Mr Park said with doubt in his voice

“You just have to trust me. Every word I say is law to my race. I am on your side. I mean no harm to humans.” Chaerin assured him “Then secondly I would like to   propose that Knight Class help me, along with my Justicars to develop blood tablets”

“What do you mean?”

“I have been developing this formula to create a tablet that imitates the taste of blood. It would not be the same as a real blood but it would lessen the hunger of a vampire who will take it. That means he would drink less of a human blood. The Knight class is very intelligent so, I believe they could help me perfect the formula for the blood tablet. The Academy will be a neutral ground for us” Chaerin explained with enthusiasm into her voice.

The two just nodded then looked at each other. “Excuse us, we just need to talk” they both went outside leaving Chaerin alone in the room. After a few moment they returned

“ahem” Mr Park cleared his throat. “We have discussed about your proposal and as the chairman, we decided to try the peace that you are offering. But you have to keep your word. One wrong move and we won’t hesitate to wield the Kruznik blade against you.”  Mr. Park warned her

“You have my word chairman.” Chaerin offered her hand for a handshake as a sign of agreement

Mr. Park got surprised. He remembered the first day she met Chaerin, she does not want a handshake because she does not want to be touched. But now she’s the one offering her hand.

He hesitantly shook her hand. Then Mr. Kwon shook her hand too.

Chaerin was alone in the room now. The two left a moment ago. She’s staring at her hands. She was the one to offer a handshake. She never does that. She thought she never will. She’s thinking silently “look what you made me do Dara. Doing the things I never did before. This is all for you my sunshine. Please don’t hate me if you find out who I really am.

End of flashback…

“So, I my friends, as the chairman of this association, I ask for you to cooperate with the agreement” Mr Park said with authority.

“What if they would betray us. We don’t know who they are yet they know every member of this association?” one member with fear in his voice

“I believe  that their queen is very true to every word that she said.”

“ She?” jiyoung ask with surprise. Everyone is as surprise as him

“Yes. She’s a woman.” Mr. Kwon said “But don’t underestimate her authority. Her every word is law to the vampire race.” Everyone murmured. Dara is just quietly listening.

“But”Mr Park interrupted “If they betray us, we will have no choice but to fight back. We are capable of eliminating them right now” he is looking at Dara and Jiyoung

“We have to meet her. We have to know the face of our enemy” another member said

“why? don’t you trust my judgement?” Mr park ask with disappointment

“ No Mr. Chairman, but as a member of this association, I think we have every right to know important things such as this. How can we defend ourselves to something that we don’t know” every member nodded their head as an agreement

“I see your point” Mr Park said calmly “I will arrange another to the so that she can present herself into the association but I tell you do not do anything that would break the agreement” everyone nodded in silence

“well then, it’s settled” Mr Kwon broke the silence “ now we have another important thing to discuss” he signaled the knight class to come in front. The guys are carrying a large box, almost as big as a coffin.

Every eye following their movement, eager to know what is contained in that box. They put down the box in front of everyone.

“As every one of you heard” Mr Kwon started talking again “We have found the Kruznik blade. It was found in an underground cave ruin near the sea of Galilea”

Everyone was so thrilled to hear the confirmation of the vice vice chairman

Dara and Jiyoung looked at each other with excitement. The Knight class is smiling widely. Feeling proud of their achievement. “ It was originally in this form” Mr Kwon started to play the projector.

“The Kruznik is a long sword almost 5 feet long. The handle is decorated with metal alloy.It weigh almost 6 kilos. Too heavy for an ordinary human to use. That’s why the Knight Class found a way to melt it down and make it into this” he opened the box and there are a different weapons in it. A bow and arrow, a scythe, a sword and others. Each representing a special weapon each clan symbolizes

“ this new weapon has the capability as the Original blade itself.” It is Bom speaking “As we know, the Kruznik was forged from the stone soaked in the blood of our ancestor, Abel when he was killed by his brother Caine, The first vampire. So it is really impossible to find another or make another weapon just like it. “Thanks to the scrolls that came along with it, we found a way to create weapons from it. Not as powerful as the original blade but strong enough to inflict large damage to an antedeluvian . Someone has been trying to forge weapons from the Kruznik blade even from the ancient times. Unfortunately, they don’t have the technology back then. Lucky for us it is available in our time.” Bom explained Proudly

“And This” Mr Park opening a briefcase “This weapons contains half of the Kruznik’s original form”

Dara and Jiyoung’s eyes widened with disbelief. The chairman is holding a Dara’s Knightrod and Jiyoungs Trinity Gun. “Working as one these weapons are as powerful as the Kruznik itself. These weapons can kill vampires but cannot harm any human”  “ Dara, Jiyoumg” He signaled them to take the weapon. Dara and Jiyoung took it at the same time. As soon as they touch it an energy surge went from the weapon to their body. Dara’s Knightrod suddenly changed its form into a death scythe. While Jiyoungs Trigun gave a very bright glow. Everyone was so amazed their jaw almost dropped

“As expected from the two of you” Mr Kwon said smiling “Having been born during the blood moon, you two possess the ability of strong ancient hunters. Together, you two can defeat any vampire even an antedeluvian” he said proudly. The Knight class is also smiling proudly. “Someday the two of you will lead this association” the two just smiled and bowed their head. Every one clapped their hands and cheer for the two powerful hunters in front of them. Before the meeting ended each clan was given their weapon.