Just Protect Her

Bloodlust

" have a goodnight's rest okay? Chaerin sweetly cooed as she tenderly kisses Dara's forehead

"yes i will. Definitely"Dara whispered gently as she savors the warmth of Chaerin's lips on her forehead. She is so happy because everything she had wished for are all coming true. Jiyoung has now fully recovered and back with her again. although she felt a bit of tension between Chaerin and Jiyoung a moment ago when she introduced them to each other at the park. And Chaerin,oh the love she has never expected, who just confessed her love for her. the feeling she has at the moment is beyond every words can explain. she is so happy. too happy.

"go inside your dorm now" Chaerin ordered her sweetly

" okay, goodnight and take care of yourself as you go home okay" she smiled

" For you i will" Chaerin smiled back as she watch Dara entered the dorm.

As soon as the door closed her smile faded away and her face turned serious. She walks quietly as the dorm slowly disappears from behind her. a quiet gush of wind filled the dark atmosphere making her stop infront of a big tree.

" She is mine now" she said facing the big tree

" Are you sure?" Jiyoung emerges from behind the tree


" Will you be able to protect her when the time comes?" A smirk on jiyoung's face
just made Chaerin stood there quietly. she's staring at him expressionless.

" just as i thought" Jiyoung scoffed
"she may fall in love with you now but we both know you can never be able to protect her. you can only betray her because you are a monster and you don't deserve someone like her! we hunt your kind. the moment she learns who you truly are, she will never stay by your side. and when that time comes, i'll be the one who will be there. i will love and protect her!"
Chaerin just clenched her fist because she knows everything that Jiyoung said, no matter how painful, is the truth.

" i will take her away from you!" Jiyoung continues
" She will be mi-

A loud thud was heard as Jiyoung flew a few feet away from where he was standing. Chaerin grabbed and threw him off the ground. She couldn't stop herself anymore. the thought of loosing Dara is killing her.

"Aaarrghh!!!" Jiyoung landed behind the thick bushes. it was so dark as the moon already is hidden. he was about to get up when Chaerin suddenly appeared on top of him and in no more than a second, she scratched Jiyoung's chest so deep that it started to bleed profusely.

her eyes are all bloody red with her fangs portruding and her nails are as sharp as a double bladed sword.

She grabbed Jiyoung's hair and pulled him near a tree and made him sit there. He was bleeding so bad Chaerin almost tore his chest apart. He is breathing so hard he was trying to reach for his bloody rose but his injury made him to weak to even lift it. Chaerin kneeled infront of him and whispered in his ears 

" Never forget who's blood it is that gives you life. the one who keeps that cursed body of yours from becoming a filthy animal. the one who keeps you from losing whatever humanity that is left in you." Chaerin stared at Jiyoung who is now laboring his breathing. she bit her palm an an oozing amount of blood flowed.


" Do you feel that?" she asked mockingly.

Jiyoung eyes turned bloody red and his whole body felt like it was burning from the inside. his hunger is consuming him. he lost almost half of his blood now and the smell of Chaerin's blood is pulling him to the edge of insanity.

he is trying so hard to calm himself. "see? compare to me, you are nothing but a filthy level e who can't control his thirst for blood." 

Jiyoung is fighting so hard the hunger but he is almost like the level e that they killed before.


"without my blood, you will die" Chaerin is so amused as she watches Jiyoung suffer. She can see the anger in his eyes for the situation he's has fallen into but he cannot do anything.


finally, Chaerin drew her hands in front of mouth signaling him to drink.

but he tried to refuse. Chaerin shoved her palm into his mouth forcing him to drink. Jiyoung drank hungrily.

when Chaerin felt he has enough, she pulled her palm away and stood up.

a few moments later, his eyes turned back to normal, and his wounds are all healed. he's sane again and in control of himself.

He stood up angrily while holding his chest that is already healed but still throbbing from the residue of the pain it received.

he was barely standing up when Chaerin suddenly gripped his neck pinning his back at the tree.

"remember this" Chaerin whispered angrily

" the reason i kept you from falling into a level e is not because i have sympathy over you. i could have watched you die a death so inhuman when that level e infected you with the curse. we all know only my blood, the blood of a third generation can save you.I gave you my blood at that dungeon. it is beacause I am only allowing you to protect her. remember this,  you protecting her is in turn me protecting her" She looked at Jiyoung intensely. He is almost out of air when Chaerin let go of him. He was coughing hard gasping for air.

" why?" Jiyoung asked confusely " why let me protect her when i have all the intention of taking her away from you?"

Chaerin smirked as she slowly turned her back on Jiyoung " Because i know you will never betray her" then she vanished in thin air.

‌Jiyoung just stood there dumfounded and angry.