Let me protect you

Bloodlust

“ You ready?” Jiyoung whispered to Dara while clutching his bloody Rose.

They are following two Level E Vampires in an abandoned hospital. Dara nodded with excitement holding her Knight Rod. It was almost full moon. They are tiptoeing quietly, hiding from one tree to another as the night breeze added camouflage to the littlest sound they make. They are waiting for the vampires to enter the hospital.

As soon as the vampires entered the building, the two quickly followed behind.The creepy aura of the building complimented the figure of the two level E’s. Clothes’ full of blood, evidence that it just fed. Eyes are so deep and blank. All skin and bones protruding as if it has just came up from a grave.

Dara is hiding in the left rounded post, exactly just a few meters from the level e’s. while jiyoung si hiding on the right side post.

He signaled Dara To go around while he attacks. Dara nodded in agreement. Jiyoung showedhis fingers counting 3, 2, 1. He suddenly went out on his hiding spot and fired at the level E nearest to him. With one single shot, it flew right into the air. Blood splatterd all over the place.

“ My turn!” Dara shouted while jumping in the air aiming at remaining level E. Due to shocked, the vampires had no chance to even blink an eye. Dara, with one swift swing, striked from behind. She landed on her feet holding the knight rod upwards making a V sign. A head dropped on the floor.

“ Impressive!” Jiyoung said smiling and giving a high five “ because we are a great team” Dara said proudly.

The two are laughing, when the one that jiyoung shot suddenly got up and ran towards Dara.

“Dara watch out” Jiyoung pushed Dara out of the way. Dara was shocked as she fell on the ground. Her knight Rod landed a few feet away from her.

The level e got hold of Jiyoung’s hand, Dodging his bloody rose. It immediate went right straight into his neck and bit him. Level E vampire don’t have any sanity left in them anymore. The only thing that is in their minds is to feed. “

Arggg” Jiyoung screamed

Dara immediately got up and ran towards her knight rod. As soon as she got hold of it, with her adrenaline rushing as she heard her partner scream in pain, not a second spared, she swing her weapon and a vampires head fell for the second time.

“ jiyoung!” she shouted as she saw jiyoung fall on the ground along with the now burning body of the level.

“ Ji!” she took jiyoung’s head on her lap as she sit on the ground. There was a lot of blood gashing from his neck. She placed her palm on the wound and apply pressure to stop blood loss.She was shaking in fear. Fear of losing his partner. Jiyoung is having a hard time breathing and he is coughing blood. Blood continuously flows from his wounds.

”hang in there Ji. You still owe me that one month of washing and cooking” dara said as tears fell from her eyes.

“ Please hang in there”

 

“ You should take a rest dear” Mr. Park whispered to Dara as he pats her back.

They are now in the underground Hunter’s hospital just beneath the school grounds.

Dara couldn’t fathom where she took the strength to get Jiyoung out of that place to the hospital.

“ No dad. I need to make sure he is alright. It’s my fault. I got too confident” she said tearing up.

“ I’m sure jiyoung doesn’t think like that. He will not blame you. So don’t blame yourself.”

“ But he is badly hurt coz of me”

“ he’ll recover. I’ve talked to the Dr. and they said he’ll be fine” He said smiling.

“ can I see him dad?" “I’m afraid he needs a lot of rest now dear. If we want him to recover fast, we have to let him rest. We don’t want to tire him. Do we?”

“okay” Dara nodded

“give it about a week and you can see him then”

“ Thanks dad. I’ll go back to the dorm now. Please take care of him” Dara hugged his dad and walked away.

His dad just smiled while waving goodbye..as soon as dara was out of sight, his smile faded and was replaced by a sad look.

 

It’s been almost 5 days that Dara is not seeing Jiyoung. She misses him very much. She misses her funny and caring partner. They grew up together so she feels like she is incomplete without him, that is why she got really scared when she thought that she’ll lose him that night.

She is having a hard time sleeping so she decided to take a stroll at the school park. Her favorite part of the school. It is a very chilly night. But the wind is like a master conductor, making the leaves and twigs sound like an orchestra. It whispers a beautiful melody enough to make Dara close her eyes and just stand there in the middle of the park. Her beauty is engulfed in the blanket light of the full moon.

“ Really pretty” a soft voice came in front of her.

She was startled and suddenly opened her eyes. She saw a beautiful creature staring at her. Sitting cross legged, with hands crossed in front of the chest. Smiling sweetly at her.

“ Chae? You gave me a fright” she said shyly as she felt her heart starting to bit crazy again. She calls it the Chae effect.

“ I’m sorry” she said as she walks toward dara. “ what are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

“ uhmmm.. I Can’t sleep. So I took a walk” Dara answered still feeling wakward with Chaerin around

“ And you?what are you doing here. Your class ended a few hours ago”

“ Haha” Chaerin laughed “ are you gonna report me ms. Prefect?” she pinched Dara’s nose playfully.

“ ouch “ dara whined and stuck her tongue out “ then tell me what you are doing here’

“ I’m waiting for the meteor shower” she said looking up the sky

“ really? There’s gonna be a shower tonight?” dara asked with spark of excitement in her voice and looking up too.

“ yeah. We can watch it together. Waith for the meteor shower with me here” Chaerin said spreading a small cloth on the grass.

“ sit beside me” she said taking dara’s hand gesturing her to sit beside her. Dara felt another jolt of electricity flow from Chaerin’s hand up to her body.

“okay” she nodded as she sits besides Chaerin

They are both quietly staring at the star filled night sky.

A few moments later one meteor fell from the sky

“ oh!look! it’s starting!” dara shouted excitedly as another followed

Chaerin just smiled and watch the shower begins.

“ wow! Let’s make a wish!” Dara closed her eyes and whispered inaudibly

Chaerin, instead of making a wish just stared at Dara. She can’t help herself but the admire this one person who is beautiful inside and out.

"what did you wi-?” Dara was cut off as she turned her head to look at Chaerin and realize that she was staring at her and their faces are only inches apart. It was a brief moment when they both look at each other straight in the eyes.Dara blushed and immediately look up again.

“ They are so beautiful!” She said trying to shake the unexplainable feeling she feels everytime she caught Chaerin staring at her.

“ yeah. So beautiful” Chaerin whispered with great admiration and still staring at Dara.

“the most beautiful in the universe.” She smiled and look up the sky again.

 

“ Did you like it?” Chaerin asked she helps Dara get up from the grass.

“ I love it. Thank you” Dara answered shyly as she pretended to dust off her pants

“ So what did you wish for?” Chaerin asked curiously

“ It’s a secret”

“ hey, I was the one who told you about the meteor shower, so It’s only fair to tell me what you wished for” Chaerin said playfully. Very unusual of her to be this loose infront of anyone.

“ uhmmm…here’s the deal” Dara said pretending to think

“ I’ll tell you what I wished if you tell me what you wished for”

“ yah, that is blackmail!” she answered placing her hands on her hips.

“ okay then. I won’t tell you mine” Dara said starting to walk away

“wait!” Chaerin caught her hand and pulled her close. “ let me protect you”

Dara is confused about what Chaerin just said “ what?”

“ my wish is for you to let me protect you” Chaerin said caressing Dara’s face

“ But why would you wanna protect me?” Dara asked softly enjoying Chaerin’s every touch on her face. The fact that she is a trained hunter, she doesn’t need protecting. She is the one who protects.

Chaerin pulled Dara closer and hug her “ even if I don’t tell you why, you know it right dara. You can feel it.” She whispers hugging Dara tightly

That moment their body became one, Dara realized what she feels for Chaerin. It is love. She is in love with her like she never felt before. She wants Chaerin to protect her even if she doesn’t need to, atleast that is what she thought-that she doesn’t need it.

“ Say it. I wanna hear it” Dara said loosening the hug

“ I love you Dara.” Chaerin slowly lowers her head and cupped Dara’s face with her palms.

“ I love you. You are the most precious thing that came into my lonely life. I wanna protect you coz I love you”

They both stare at each other for a nanosecond then Chaerin slowly lowered her head and place a slow, tender kiss into Dara’s lips.

Dara didn’t respond coz she went all frozen with what Chaerin just said. And her mind went blank for a few moments when their lips touched.

Chaerin stopped kissing her when she felt that Dara didn’t respond.

“ I’m sorry” she said with sadness in her voice.

She was about to back away when Dara pulled her closer and kissed her. She was shocked but extremely happy. She started kissing back. It was magical, everything just went freeze point. It was only the two of them under the bright starlit sky.for the first time in her thousand years of existence she felt warm. Dara’s lips are soft. She feel she could kiss them for all eternity.

They parted when Dara felt the need to breath for air. She was panting but smiling.

She cupped Chaerin’s face “ yes. I want you to protect me. Stay by my side, my love. I love you”

Chaerin’s face lit up like a child on Christmas opening a gift.

She is about to hug Dara

“Dara!” A smiling figure appeared

“ Ji!” Dara let go of Chaerin and ran towards jiyoung.

She hug jiyoung. Jiyoung hug her back staring at Chaerin with a very meaningful smirk.