A dream

Bloodlust

It was a bright sunlit morning.

Dara found herself picking fresh flowers in a beautiful field of blue roses. She's smiling as she looks around remembering the blue rose plant Chaerin gave to her. It's as if she was standing in a middle of the bluest ocean. She happily picks up the flowers while the birds serenade her with their beautiful chirping melody.And the beautiful emperor butterflies are happily performing a charming dance orchestra as they fly around her.

And there, across the horizon, a figure of a man blurried by the rays of the sun, slowly moving towards her. She squints her eyes to accustom with the blinding light. Then, finally the man is now standing in front of her. She could not recognize him for he is a stranger to her. She could swear in her ancestor's grave she had never seen that face before.

The stranger just stood there staring, smiling sweetly at her. She looked at him and she couldn't help but be mesmerized.

He is a handsome young man with eyes as blue as the roses around them. His neatly comb hair are like strands of silk that was soaked in the golden rays of sunshine. His stature is like that of a noble prince. He stands with grace and a mysteriously charming smile. Dara just stood there charmed by the stranger's beautiful eyes. She smiled shyly and her heart began to beat like the way it beats whenever she is with Chaerin. The butterflies that flew around her moments ago seems to went inside her rumbling tummy.

" how's your morning?" The stranger asked her like it is the normal thing to say

"Strange" she answered hesitantly

"Well, mine too. A moment ago i haven't the slightest idea why i picked up these roses" he showed 3 roses to Dara

" now i know why" he smiled " because i'm gonna see you here" he handed the flowers to Dara. She took the roses and smelled it happily.

Then everything became just so familiar. The smell of the roses, the stranger's presence- although she could swear she never met him before. Not even in the academy. That moment. It's enchantingly peaceful. They smiled at each other like they've done it many times before. They just silently stare at each other's eyes and they knew they understand each other up to the depths of their souls.

Their moment of silence was broken when it began to rain. A rang of laughter complimented the heavy rain as the two started to dance under it.

And then, the moment they took each other's hand, the rainwater turned into blood. The blue ocean of roses began to turn into an ocean of blood. They are slowly sinking as they try to hold on to each other. A terrified look painted their faces as they slowly drown in blood.

Dara is gasping for air as she watch the stranger struggle to save her. Before she lose consciousness she heard him shout " Victoria! Don't let go! Don't forget me! Don't forget our love!"

And when she finally closed her eyes she whispered "Aloysius..."

"Aaaahh!!!" Dara screamed as she woke up from her sleep. She is breathing heavily and sweating profusely. The feeling of her drowning felt so real.It took her a few moments before she realized it was only a dream. She drank a glass of glass and tried to go back to sleep. But everytime her eyes closes all she could see is blood. She tried to remember her dream but all she could remember are a distorted image of a man and an ocean of blood. Finally, she fell back to sleep wondering about her dream or maybe a nightmare.

It's been a week that Dara is trying to remember the details of her dream. She was curious about the image of the man. But then, she doesn't have enough time to ponder upon it because she and Jiyoung are so busy exterminating level e vampires and ghouls that are mysteriously appearing in the city. This unusual unrest in the underwold is keeping the hunter clans on their alert status. And with each kill that Dara and Jiyoung makes, they become stronger. They now have more control of their weapons and skills.

" ooohh yeah! One vampire head ready to serve!" Dara chanted as she gave one final blow to a level e they are follwing. Its head flew up in the air and turned into ashes like it body.

" nice swing!" Jiyoung whistled as he signaled a high five which Dara happily answered with a high five. " i hope that's it for the night because we have tons of assignment to finish" he pouted cutely

" aawww!! Cutie Jiyongki, don't worry i got it covered" she playfully pinches his nose

" meet me at the park early morning tomorrow and i'll help you with your assignment"

Jiyoung slightly blushed at her sweetness. Luckily, it was dark for her to notice. He smiled happily as he stare at her. " well, come on then" dara grabbed his hands " i'm tired let's go back home"

"Yah! Don't copy everything!" Dara screamed as she playfully smack Jiyoung.

"Aw!" Jiyoung acted hurt " i'm not copying your entire assignment. It's just that my answer would be the same as yours if ever i solve the problems myself"

"Haish...you and your reasoning" Dara smiled. Jiyoung smiled back sweetly

"Thank you" he uttered seriously

"For what?" Dara asked

"For always being there.always having my back. For being my strength"

Dara looked up the sky. " it's our promise right? Back when we were just kids. I still remember it" she leaned her head into his sboulder

" they blindfolded us when we were training. And i cried like a baby coz i'm scared and don't know what to do. But you were there.you held my hand so tight and i felt secured. After that we made a promise that no matter what happens, we will always have each other's back. That when one of us is starting to feel weak and scared, we will give each other strength. Right?" Dara held up her pinky

"Right" jiyoung smiled finishing the pinky swear

The two continue to make their assignments while they laugh and talk happily. If someone, who doesn't know what they are to each other,would see them they would think they are a couple.

And yes someone is watching. Someone who is jealous of the scene she is seeing.