Always Watching You

Bloodlust

 “Thank you” Chaerin whisper as she is extending her hands to help Dara up

“For what?” Dara ask as she reaches Chaerin’s hands

“ For being my pillow, for staying with me, even after I shouted at you”  Chaerin said with all sincerity.

Dara just gave her sweetest smile

Chaerin could feel her heart now. For a long time she heard it again. It’s beating right this moment. And it’s beating so fast. It’s not frozen anymore like it was for the past hundred years.

“That’s nothing. I forgive you already.” Still smiling.  “ So, now that you have rested, I think we should go back to the gym. The class might have already started.”

“ Sure” Chaerin agreed.

They are walking side by side. They keep throwing glances at each other. Secretly watching each other’s movements.

“uhmmm, Dara?” Chaerin suddenly stopped walking

“something wrong?” dara ask with a tone of concern

“No nothing is wrong. It’s just that I am wondering if…” Chaerin is nervous. She has never felt this nervous ever.

“ yah! What is it?” Dara ask impatiently

“If we could do that again sometime. You know, You and me, in the park. Just having a peaceful time” Chaerin is looking straight into Dara’s eyes. Hoping she would say yes too. She would really love to be with her always

“ Ha?” Dara is tongue tied. Her mind, her heart is on a topsy turvy.She’s too happy to even utter the word YES

Chaerin feels sad with Dara’s reaction. “ She’s not answering means she does not want to” . She thought

Finally, with a voice of disappointment “it’s okay if you don’t want to. I just-

“Okay” Dara said calmly, trying to hide her excitement upon seeing Chaerin’s disappointment.  She wants this. She wants to be with her. And she doesn’t know why.

“We can always hang out in the park during our P.E classes. We can even eat our lunch together there.”  Dara said trying to act normal.

“ That would be great. It’s a date then” She blurted out excitingly.

“ A date?” Dara ask raising her eyebrows

When Chaerin realized what she said she’s stuttering to clear what she meant “ uhm ah, no it’s not a date date. It’s a date kinda a date. I mean like Thursday, that  kinda date.”  

“ aahh..ok” Dara chuckled

 

The whole afternoon the boys played basketball. Dara kept cheering for Jiyoung while throwing glances and smile to Chaaerin. Chaerin just sat in the bench quietly watching and stealing glances to Dara. Both of them are excited to have P.E class because that would mean they would see each other and enjoy their peaceful time together in the park.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Chaerin’s POV

I cannot help myself but to adore the beauty of this wonderful creature in front of me. Even while sleeping she’s too irresistible. She looks like an angel, so innocent. I really love to watch her sleep like this. Ever since that day on the park, I couldn’t wait for Thursdays anymore just to see and be with her. Every night, during midnight, I would do this. Sneak into her dormitory and watch her as she wonder into her dreams. Thanks to my vampire abilities, I can watch her without her noticing me. I wish I could tell her that I want to be with her. But I know the very thing I desire is forbidden. She is human. Not just an ordinary human, a hunter that hunts my kind. Yes, I know who she is now.

 

Flashback…

“Master, it is confirmed she is the one. The heir of one of the hunter clan” Walter said without any hint of surprise in his voice

“Really” Chaerin said with a very mysterious smile “I knew something is special about her.”

“The hunter association has been training her and another heir from the other hunter clan to become hunter themselves. I believe that the association has found the weapon of their ancestors.” Walter continued

“So, they really found it. The very weapon that has been used to destroy the first vampire, the kruznik blade.” Chaerin smirk while looking at dark sky.

“Yes master, that is why they are very aggressive in hunting these past few months. The Primogen is becoming uneasy. They want to retaliate and eliminate all members of the hunter association. ” Walter is staring at Chaerin waiting for her reaction

Chaerin’s face is calm yet serious. An expression nobody can decipher even her loyal servant can’t.

“ Convene the Primogen, Walter. I shall talk to them”

 

End of flashback….

She is a hunter. Dara, we are never destined to be together. But if the time comes, I shall gladly die by your hands. That hand that calms me down and at the same time shakes me down to my knees, every time you touch me. I prefer your voice to be the last melody that I would hear before you take my life. And those pair of beautiful eyes, I would love those to be the last thing I will see before I close mine. For now, I shall enjoy every moment watching you and being with you. I shall gladly accept everything from you, whether it will be pain or happiness. Whether it is love or death. You gave me a reason to look forward to in this wandering existence of mine. I will never let anything bad happen to you. As long as I am here no one is going to hurt you. Sleep sweetly my sunshine. I walk close to her I leaned forward and lovingly caress her face. With one last look at her I vanished in the thin air.

 

Dara POV

I was so excited about P.E class. I was never fond of P.E classes but now I am really really looking forward to it. Not because of the lessons but because of Chaerin. Hayzzz, why do I feel this super anticipation of seeing her? Why is it that when it comes to her I can’t understand my emotions? What is this feeling that you are giving me Chaerin ah.  I can’t even concentrate on my training.

Here I am in my dormitory. It’s the biggest dorm room here. This is the privilege of being the owner’s daughter. I am so exhausted because master is making us train harder and harder every day so that we can be worthy to handle the ancient blade. The association is going to meet us soon. After washing and changing to my pajamas I went directly to bed. I drifted to sleep immediately because I am really tired.

 I have this weird dream that someone is watching me while I sleep. But I don’t know why, instead of being scared that someone is inside my room, I feel different. I feel safe and assured that no harm is gonna happen to me. Then I felt someone caressing my face, I try to open my eyes but they won’t obey me. That touch, it seems familiar. It’s cold yet somehow it feels like it is burning through my skin. It was a very gentle , so full of passion and care. I suddenly woke up. I looked around to see if there really is someone inside my room. I scanned every corner; I saw no one except for the curtain dancing with the wind. I must have forgotten to close the window.  It was just really a dream. I held my chest because my heart is beating so fast. Then one person came into my mind. My heart only beats this crazy when she is around. Chaerin.