The Knight Class

Bloodlust

  The Knight Class

 

It was already dusk, signaling the beginning of the knight class. Everyone is busy chit chatting with each other. They are talking about random things science, math, business etc.  The knight class is all close to each other considering that they are very few and their families are also friends with each other. There is no grade level between the knight classes. They all form one class. After all, they are geniuses. Even the youngest of them (Gong Minzy) can keep up with the lesson. They are still busy talking when their professor entered the room.

“ Okay guys let’s settle down,”  Mr. Choi’s deep voice made the class focus on him. The class went silent and settles to their respective places.

They each have their own desk. More like a working station. Each with their own computer set with a printer.  They each have their own executive chair. This is more like a high class executive office. It has complete paraphernalia a student could ask for. Every building in the academy is fully air conditioned and with internet connection. Very comfortable for studying.

“Class president?” He’s looking at Park Bom, the President of the Knight Class

She stood up in return “Knights, Stand up for the greeting” she commanded

The class stood up at the same time then with Bom’s signal, Bowed their heads and greets the professor in chorus “ Annyeonghi Jumushipsiyo Sanjangnim”

 Mr. Choi bowed back “Annyeonghi Jumushipsiyo” then signals the class to take a seat

“ ahem” he clears his throat “ Before we start, I would like to introduce to all of you the new students that will join your class.” He went to the door then wave at Taemin, Jaejoong and Cherin who are just waiting outside the room. He signaled them to come inside.

The three followed him. Chaerin walking behind the two guys.

The room fell extremely silent as all eyes focused on the three new students that are entering the room. They were awed by the presence of this three they jaws almost dropped to their desk when Chaerin turned her head to the class. She has a very strong presence; the guys couldn’t remove their eyes on her. Even the girls threw glances of admiration to her. She’s wearing a black leather jacket with black sleeveless inside paired with black jeans and black boots. Taemin is wearing black fitted long sleeve polo and dark pants and a classy Italian leather shoes. Jaejong is wearing the opposite. He is wearing an all-white outfit. White body fit long sleeves, slightly ed revealing his chest and white pants with white leather shoes.

“They look like yin and yang” Minzy sending a PM to Boms computer. Bom gave her a “they’re hot look” then both giggled.

“Guys, kindly introduce yourselves to the rest of the class” Mr Choi nodding at the three

Taemin stepped in the platform first “ Anyeonghasseyo, I am Kim Taemin, 25 years old. I like science. Especially the science of partying” he smiled then made a peace sign.

“Woohoo” the class cheering for him.

“By your reactions I can say that we all are going to get along well” he bows his “Kamsahamnida, Manasseo Bangapseumnida” the class applauded him

It’s Jaejoong’s turn “ Anyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Jaejoong, I am 25 years old. I am Taemins paternal twin.”

Everyone is surprised because they don’t resemble each other.

“I know what you’re thinking, we don’t look like twins. Maybe because I am more handsome than my brother” he chuckled then looked at his brother

The class burst into laughter. Except for Caherin who is serious

“They are not only hot, they are also funny” Bom’s PM to Minzy

“I hope we get along just fine and help each other in our studies. Kamsahanida. Manaseo Bangapseunida” He gave a final bow then stepped down the platform.

It’s Chaerin’s turn. Everything fell silent again as she walks towards the platform. All eyes focused on her. Everyone is holding their breath anticipating for her to talk.

“She’s gorgeous, I think I like her already” Taeyang’s PM to Seungri.

Seungri nodded with a naughty smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I am Lee Chaerin,” everyone is focused on her and eagerly listening.

“I hope we get along well. Thank you”

“ aayyyyy” Everyone frowned with her very brief introduction of herself.

“ Okay” Mr. Choi clapping his hands.

“You may take your seat. Take the vacant desks at the right side.” pointing at the empty desks next to each other near the window.

Chaerin took the sit next to the window.

At the side of her eyes she can see Taemin and Jaejoong being comfortable with their classmates. Shaking hands and exchanging smile. She noticed Bom and Minzy looking at her direction and mouthing “Hi” to her. She just nodded. When her sensitive nostrils scented Bom one person came to her mind. Dara. “She has Dara’s scent. She’s her sister.” She doesn’t know why but when she remembers her she can’t help herself but smile. She did not realize she smiled at BOM. A shy smile. But still it’s a smile.

 

The lecture went well. She wasn’t actually listening. All the time she’s looking out the window. “The moon is shining so bright. So bright.” Then, Dara’s blushing face suddenly appeared in the moon. She’s smiling inside.

“Okay, that’s all for today.” Mr. Choi ended his lecture. “See you again next week. But before I forget, tomorrow will be your P.E subject.” He’s looking at three new students “you will be joining the Cross class. Ms. Lee, you can join Minzy and Bom in the girls P.E class. The two Kim, join the guys of course.” He chuckled with his own joke. “I believe you already have you P.E uniform, so wear it tomorrow”

“Yes, sir”

“ Okay you are dismissed”

“ Knight class, stand” Bom commanded again

“ Anyonghi Gaseyo, Sanjangnim. Kamsahamnida” they all said in chorus while bowing their heads

“ Anyonghi keseyo” replied Mr. Choi

Chaerin is about to leave when the two girls approached her.

“ Hi” Bom started talking “ I am  Park Bom and this is  Gong Minzy”

“Hi” Minzy a little bit shy. Awww the little maknae

“Hello” responded Chaerin

“So, as a Class president, I would like to welcome you to this academy.” Bom giving her cutest smile.

“If you need anything don’t hesitate to approach any of us”

Chaerin just nod.  She’s curious about something though

“ uhmm, Ms Park may I ask you something”

“Sure. Anything. Don’t call me Ms Park. Call me Bom or Bomie if you like.”

“And you can call Minky or Minzy whatever you like.” Minky added trying to make Chaerin comfortable with them.

“o-okay. Bom.” She said hesitantly

“But why are we going to have P.E with the Cross class? I thought the Knight Class is separate from them?” with a cold tone again

Bom raised her eyebrows “Yah Chaerin ah, don’t you want to mingle with the Cross class.? They are like us too. It’s just that we don’t have all day to attend classes that’s why we are place in the NIGHT class. But we are no different from them. My sister is in the Cross class yet she is the most intelligent in this academy. You should meet her.” Bom crossing her arms across her chest

The Knight and the Senior Cross class have joint P.E class during Fridays. It’s a whole day of physical activities like dancing, sports and swimming.

“I don’t mean to be rude. I am just curious”

“It’s okay. You’re still new. You will get used to it. Besides we can’t have P.E during nighttime. Can we?”

Bom giggled “let’s go now, It’s getting late already”

“okay”Chaerin and the twins followed them up to the parking area.

“ Bye Chaerin, see you tomorrow” Bom wave at chaerin

“Bye Unnie Chaerin” Minzy also waved at chaerin

“Bye”Chaerin waving back

 

Chaerin’s POV

Inside the car…

That went well. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. I think I am starting to like this place. Everyone is so friendly even the twins are enjoying their acquaintance. Now, this feeling again. There’s like rumbling in my tummy. It’s not hunger. It’s not thirst. It’s different. I feel my chest is going to explode with excitement. Tomorrow I might see her again. I can’t wait. Dara, in these eyes that is accustomed to darkness, when you are around, everything becomes bright. So bright.

 

Meanwhile…

‘Dara watch out!!” Jiyoung shouted as he saw her almost slipped while crossing the 6 foot post bridge.

Luckily Jiyoung caught her before she falls. “What is wrong with you?” he shouted with a sound of panic in his voice “ you are not focusing on our training lately. You could have been injured if I did not caught you”

“I’m sorry Ji. My bad. It’s just that I lost my balance. Don’t worry” Dara lied. Actually her mind is flying away into nowhere. She doesn’t know why, but she cannot focus because Chaerin’s smile  always appear in her imagination.

“Tell me what is wrong. I know there is something. It’s not like you to be out of focus” patting Dara’s back, his voice now soft and full of concern

He can’t let something bad happen to his Dara. His best friend and one true love. If only Dara knows he loves her more than a friend. That he would do anything to protect her. To make her happy. He could even kill for her. But he can’t say those words. He is afraid it would ruin their friendship and that Dara does not feel the same way towards him. So he chooses to love her secretly. Just to be beside her is enough.

Dara shook her head then took a deep breath “I’m okay. Nothing is wrong. I think I have to practice more. Fighting!” Dara shouted cheerfully making a peace sign

“ Okay! Fighting!” Jiyoung imitated Dara

“ ahahahahahha” they both burst into laughter

They continued practicing. Sword fighting, hand to hand combat and knife throwing. After few hours they are finished

“whew! That was intense, I am so hungry” Dara rubbing her tummy “let’s eat”

“ okay.” Jiyoung agreed

While they were eating…

“uhmmm, Dara, did your father tell you?”

Dara stopped chewing her food “Yes. He told me to attend the family meeting. Do you know why?”

“ I don’t know why. But I heard rumors within the family.” Jiyoung keeping his voice low

“What rumor?”

“I think they found it” he whispered to Dara

Dara’s eyes widened in shock “you mean it really existed? When? Where? How?” Dara’s voice filled with excitement

“Ssshhhh…I don’t know. I guess we’ll know during the meeting. For now let’s just keep our mouth shut okay?”

“ o-okay” Dara agreed.

At the back of her mind there are a lot of questions. If that thing really existed, then, an Antedeluvian- eventhough she has encountered vampires before, deep in her heart she never really believed they are real.   A vampire that is incapable of dying. Vicious and merciless, overflowing with unimaginable powers. Even other vampires tremble in their presence. If she would encounter an Antediluvian right now, her anti-vampire weapon, The Knight rod, would be no match.  If she can see it with her own eyes then that creatures also exist too. She has to be more prepared.