Room 709

Mr. Arrogant version 2.0

I sighed in relief to hear that from the other end of the line. I was worried all day about that strange guy. “

Oh, good thing the doctors were able to get in touch you. I was worried about him too. But how can I possibly help you?” I frankly asked.

“If it’s possible can you come over to the hospital once more? My brother is constantly looking for you; he doesn’t recognize anyone of us. He just keeps on mentioning your name and doesn’t like to be touched by anyone else. He flinches and makes fuss whenever we try to get close. We don’t know how to approach him anymore. So please, we need your help once more. Maybe you can help him calm down a little.” Heejin pleaded.

 

“Okay! I was planning to check on him sooner or later anyway. I’ll be there shortly.” I didn’t know why I agreed and I lied about planning to go and check on him as I didn’t want to stick my fingers on that stranger’s situation.

 

I was pulled out from a swarm of thoughts by Denise when she asked, “Who was that? Is it the guy from yesterday?”.

“No!” I annoyingly replied.

“Then who was that?” she continued interrogating.

“It was that guy’s sister and she was asking for my help.” I answered.

“Help? How...” I stopped her from speaking further as it presents the start of a stream of nagging.

“I’ll just look, okay? Don’t nag! That guy’s condition bugs from time to time. Let’s just say this is for my peace of mind. I’m naturally good natured, you know!” I winked at her as I started the car. I believe I saw her roll her eyes at me and started tapping her phone.

 


 

On my way to the hospital, I dropped off Denise as she never liked hospitals. She has this belief that she’s allergic to hospital’s scent.

“I’m sorry about the postponed coffee date! I’ll treat you to dinner instead some other time, promise!” I said as I bid goodbye to my annoyed best friend.

“Call me when you get home! I’ll raise hell if you don’t!” she reminded me one last time.

 

I reached the hospital in no time. I proceeded to the reception and asked for information on that strange guy’s whereabouts. The receptionist was hesitant to give me any information, luckily, the male nurse who attended to the guy yesterday passed by and he gave off the info instead.

“Just go to room 709, use that elevator.” as he pointed to one of the elevators just across the reception area. “Thanks!” I gave the nurse a small smile as I turned and head for the elevator.

 


 

In a couple of minutes, I was by the door saying 709. I took a deep breath and knocked audibly. Just seconds after that, a slightly older-looking lady opened the door and she welcomed me with a smile.

“You must be Yanna.” she said.

I just nodded and she ushered me inside to what seemed like a living area of a hotel room. My eyes widened in amusement.

 

There were huge leather sofas and a glass center table, decorated with expensive looking vases and flowers. The entire room was carpeted in gray. I noticed the sophisticated LCD TV hanging on one side and there was another door which I assumed to be the washroom. A folding curtain separates the room into half and I believed the other side is the patient’s room. If this was not a hospital I would have thought otherwise. And then it hit me; this is one of the VIP suites.

 

The strange guy must be a son of a business tycoon or something of that sort.

“My brother is in there.” Heejin brought me back to my senses.

She led me into the front of the folding curtain and I took the initiative to open it.

 

Inside the room, I saw the strange guy lying on the bed fast asleep. I made my way to the side of the bed and observed him a little. He is now wearing a clean hospital gown. His bruises and scratches were still there, the area around his left eye still swollen but this time it’s not very purple anymore. Just like yesterday, I was in awe when I studied his features some more. Those long lashes were so pretty you could mistake it as a girl’s lashes. His nose is somehow broken as there were plasters covering it. It amazed me how this guy managed to be so beat up and yet look so pretty.

 

I looked back to the open curtain and saw his sister standing there. I signaled her to come in but she refused and placed her index finger in front of her lips. I nodded and as she was about to close the curtain, it creaked loudly and the guy stirred. I whipped my head back to the guy and with just a few blink, the guy woke up. I stared at him with a sorry smile on my face but he just smiled back at me and said, “Yanna!”

 

He hurriedly sat up at the sight of me and he was grinning from ear to ear like a kid. I was taken aback when he grasped my hand.

“You came back…I’m happy you’re here.” he innocently said.

The speechless me didn’t know what to tell him so I remained silent and just smiled at him.

“I woke up today and a lot of people came to see me here but I didn’t know any of them. I was so scared of them and I didn’t like them touching Me.” like a little child being bullied, he complained.

 

I pitied the guy as I realized that his condition turned him into an innocent kid. He turned into a child who knew no one but the first person who greeted him, his mother and he is now having separation anxieties. I didn’t know what to do but I found myself playing along.

“You should not be scared of them, they are your family. That lady outside is your older sister and she would not harm you. The other people who came in must be your other relatives and friends.” I gently explained him. But I reckon it didn’t have any effect as he just continuously stared at me in confusion.

 

“They were calling me names like Hyung, Mr. Kim, Oppa and I can’t remember the rest. Then I guessed my name should be Heechul…right! It’s Kim Heechul!” he then gladly said.

I shook his hand “I’m glad to meet you, Kim Heechul!”

 

Like a shot, there were noises from the other side of the room. It got louder and louder each second and 4 heads popped out from the half open curtain.

One of them shouted “Hyung!”, “Ooops!” another one said. I glanced at the four heads questioningly and 2 of them now completely folded the curtain. Then just like that I was starstrucked. Four Super Junior members stood there, grinning and waving at me.

 

They approached me one after the other.

“Hello, my name is Donghae! Thank you for what you did for our Hyung.” A guy in a clean cut introduced and I just bowed.

“I’m Kyuhyun.” as the tallest guy approached and bowed, I bowed again in response.

“My name is Sungmin.” This time the cutest guy offered his hand and I shook it and we bowed simultaneously.

“And I’m Eunhyuk, nice meeting you Miss Yanna.” The blonde guy shyly greeted and I bowed once more.

 

Once again I was speechless and tons of things are swarming in my mind right at that moment. Super Junior? Who doesn’t know them? They stormed around the globe making girls all over the world spazz crazily. It seemed like they were untouchable and beyond everyone’s league. But here they are, in flesh, shaking my hand, bowing and smiling at me brightly. What in the world is happening?

 

They were all waiting for me to speak but to no avail, I was too flabbergasted to speak. I tried to organize my thoughts once again, step by step, one by one. If Super Junior’s Donghae, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk are visiting a patient they call Hyung, then... I snapped my head back to the patient in the bed… “Kim… Hee...Chul!!!” were the first words they heard from me.

 


Author Says:

I loved how I updated this chappy!

I hope you guys liked it!

Too bad I can't do double update tonight

But I'll be back tomorrow for an update for sure!

 

Thanks for reading and please leave comments!

I'd be really glad to hear your feedback!

 

Keep safe everyone!

 

BTW, if there are some kind-hearted artists there havng a spare time

maybe you could help me getting this fic a banner!

That would be so awesome! I promise to credit and use each and every one of them!