Getting Settled

Mr. Arrogant version 2.0

It was around past 7pm when we reached my condo unit. Eventually, I concluded that Heechul must have some senses left in him since he took his own luggages from the compartment. The elevator ride was really quiet and awkward. I can still not absorb the facts. If not for those sobbing images of his mother keep flashing in my mind, I would have given him back to his Mom. As if he knows I’m in a bad mood, he didn’t made any move that could possibly annoy me some more.

 

“Here! This is my unit. Remember, its unit 914. Don’t go knocking on other doors alone. Okay? Just 914.” I instructed him as we stood before my unit’s door.

“Now, this one here is the lock, you need to press the passcode to be able to open it.” I continued as I tapped 0821 in the keypad.

 

“You need to remember it, okay? Unit 914 and the lock code are 0821.” I once again reminded the bobbing man with me. 

“Okay, good!” I acknowledged. I showed him to the living area where I instructed him place his luggage at the side and sit down on the sofa which he obediently did. Seeing the conceited Super Junior member follow every word I say made me chuckle.

 

“You must be hungry.” I spoke.

“I ate something from the hospital.” He replied.

“That was lunch, Heechul. We need dinner. Okay?” this time, I nicely told him.

“Let me just change my clothes and you too! You can change in the bathroom.” I suggested before I closed my room’s door.

 

The feeling is still over-whelming; I have an ingenuous man at my home. I lay down at my bed and closed my eyes. So many things flowed through my brain; how a simple helping out turned to be a real burden. People who hear my thoughts can actually persecute me for being so mean but yeah, I’m mean! I even considered handing Heechul to one of his fans; I bet they would be more than willing to take care of their beloved idol.

Got my hands off some stressors and here I am, grabbing onto some more. I seriously love our Stats Professor for lifting up one of my problems right now. I do hope Denise’s project worked.

“Oh, geez!” I abruptly uttered. I needed to call my annoying friend before she goes insane.

 

“Hey, I’m home!” I greeted her over the phone.

“You sure are!” she weakly replied.

“How was the visit? How is he?” she continued.

“He’s fine, okay? A bigger deal came up, but I’ll tell you that tomorrow. I’m tired, just called in to let you know I’m home. I didn’t want hell knockin’ at my door tonight.” I told my friend from the other line.

“Bigger what? What is it? What did you get into now?” she spoke nonstop.

“Goodnight Denise!!!” and I hung up the phone.

 

Needed to get back to the probably famished idol in my crib, I hurriedly put on my sweatpants and a plain white tee and tidied up my hair a little. I went outside and found messed up clothes in the sofa.

“What the hell happened?” I eyed the idol that is still digging into his 2nd luggage.

“Uhmmm… I… I didn’t know which one to wear.” he scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly at me.

I dug out the patience that has been stored for a long time and told him with a grin on my face, “These sweatshirts and jogging pants are good enough. The pretty ones are supposed to be worn when you need to go to somewhere important. Okay?” He agreed as I handed him a pair and pointed at the door of the bathroom.

While he as changing, I piled up his scattered clothes neatly back into his luggage. After changing his clothes, he went sitting at the sofa again as I was still organizing his things back in order.

 

“I don’t have food in the fridge right now, still haven’t done grocery shopping. I don’t even have ramyun. Since you’re here and your manly arms can do help, why not we have a blast?” I smirked at him.

“Okay! Were going out!” the giddy idol responded.

“Wear that mask first! People would mistake you for a battered boyfriend.” I pointed at the mask above the now closed luggage.

 

 

 


 

 

We walked our way to the nearest grocery. I observed him as he strode beside me. He had his hands in his sweatshirt’s pockets and his head dropped down. I introduced him some establishments near my place and he kept asking question about things now.

My mood got a little bit lighter as we strode along the dim streets of the city. I encouraged him to speak more and ask questions about things. Well, he really did storm me with his questions like what are my favorite foods, where I hangout, where can he buy sweet potatoes and steamed buns and more whatnots.

I chuckled at every query he threw and he also laughed at how I answered each. It was so refreshing having someone to talk to and laugh with. I thought to myself, “So, this is how strolling along these streets feels like.” I loved the ambience a lot.

 

Once we reached the huge supermarket, Heechul pulled out a cart and we started filling it with various food and necessities.

“Let’s buy you these pillows; you’ll need ‘em!” I uttered as a placed 2 vacuumed pillow rolls.

“You like stew? I believe I can stir some!” I asked as passed by the vegetable section.

“Sure!” he replied.

“I like these.” he pointed at the box of strawberries.

“I like those too! Get some of that!” I instructed. I just basically bought what I feel like and what Heechul preferred.

 

When we noticed that the cart was already full, we proceeded to the counter to pay.

"Hello, good evening Sir!” the lady cashier greeted. Heechul just stood there and blinked at me. I eyed him to greet her back and he understood me so he bowed to the nice lady. I can’t believe were having non-verbal communications now.

 

On our way back to the condo, he carried 4 bags while I carried 2. I was eating my Popsicle when I remembered all the things I forgot to buy and Heechul just laughed at me for taking unnecessary items instead of those I needed.

“Yeah, do that!” I smirked at him.

“I’m sorry! You’re too funny!” he giggled.

“Hmpf!” I sneered.

“How come you didn’t get me one of those?” he pointed at the Popsicle with his lips.

“I did! It’s in here!” I waved the plastic bag I’m carrying.

“You cannot hold them anyway!” I reminded him.

“Here, have a bite!” I offered him the frozen treat. He took a bite and winced as he chewed the Popsicle. When it seems that he recovered from the coldness, he grinned at me and I did to him too. We shared the remaining Popsicle by taking turns in taking a bite.

 

 

 


 

 

When we arrived at the condo, I immediately prepared for our dinner while Heechul arranged the groceries in the shelves.

“Ramyun?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Yeah?  Got a problem with that?” I raised my eyebrows too.

“No.” he answered.

“Good! This is ready, let’s eat!” I told him while continuously stirring the smoking noodle soup.  We ate up the ramyun rapidly and now chilling over some soda.

 

“Alright! Now I can think clearly!” I felt my head got lighter after stuffing up.

“Thanks for the dinner, Yanna. Refreshing!” Heechul thanked.

“Okay, let’s talk about house rules. You live with me, follow the rules. ‘Kay?” I started.

“House rules?” the idol asked.

Yep! Our situation is nowhere near normal so there’s got to be rules.” I explained.

“Okay then!” he agreed.  

 

“Firstly, don’t tell anyone who you are. Actually, this is not my rule; it’s your manager’s. Second, no physical contact or anything that involves using our bodies. Understand? Let’s respect each other’s privacy.” I told him.

“Okay…” he nodded.

“Good! Third, please keep the house clean. I admit, I’m a little bit of a clean freak, so please, please, let’s keep it this way. Fourth, let’s share chores. Help me doing dishes and the laundry. ‘Kay?”.

“Okay! I can do the dishes!” he suggested.

“Another is keeping up with your hygiene. After tidying the house, tidy yourself too. I don’t need to teach you how to take a bath right. You know this already.” I worried he might answer otherwise.

“Yep! Covered!” he acknowledged.

“Lastly, the most important one, don’t answer the phone or open the door yourself. My mother can call and that is not good. Understand?” I finalized. “Okay, no phones, and no doors!” he repeated.

“If we follow these rules perfectly we’re good!” I added.

 

Together, we washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Tiredness possessed me and I can hear the bed calling me. So I suggested we call it a day and arranged the sofa so it turns into a bed the idol can sleep in.

“Gonna be okay here?” I asked as I tucked him to his bed.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me.” He replied.

I was about to go to my room when he spoke again, “Thank you Yanna, I know this is all too much. You didn’t really need to this but you still did. Thank you.”

“It’s okay, and besides, you’re keeping me company and I like it a lot.” I gave him an assuring smile.

“That’s good to hear, that I’m giving you something in return. Have a good sleep.” he said as he hugged his pillow tighter.

“Do you want me to keep the lights on?” I asked.

“Nope, turn them off.” He plainly replied.

“Okay, goodnight too, I’ll see you in the morning!”  I told him before finally closing the door.

 

 

 


Author says: 

Hello everyone, how's the story going so far?

No loveline forming yet?

Please be patient some more.

I'm working on it! :D

 

More Yanna and Heechul alone in the condo moments on the next chappy!

No Kibum yet, but maybe a few SJ members.

 

Please comment and subscribe!

Love love love to hear your feedbacks!

 

Then, again, please please help me with the graphics and banners for this one!

I'm dying to get one. Tried to make m own but I'm not just that talented to do so.

 

Thanks and stay tuned for more updates! 

Keep safe! ♥