Out of the Ordinary

Mr. Arrogant version 2.0

“Hey! You wanna come over? Got new DVDs…!” I giddily invited Denise over the phone to sleepover hoping this day could be different from the days a spent from the past one month.

 

It has been one excruciatingly boring month for me since I humiliatingly broke up with Kibum in front of those crazy idols. My days would randomly be composed of calls from my mom nagging me to get a job or Denise being a constant source of annoyance, scolds me about being the heartbroken one when I was the one who broke it off while she urges me to get out from my lock down.

 

Yeah! I’ve been in my condo all along.  No work, no boyfriend, no child-man, no school, always just a boring day ahead. The days just blend together; I often get disoriented on what day of the week I was in! 

 

“Not today sweetheart! I’m going to see Ka-…” she stopped even though I know who she’s about to meet. My dear best friend worthlessly tries to hide from me that she’s dating Kangin. I’m not sure if she’s ashamed to admit that she’s dating or she just wants to shield me from any Super Junior related stuffs. Her complexity is beyond comprehension!

 

“Oh…I see…that’s fine! Enjoy your day and remember to call me!” I weakly replied.

“Are you okay? You can tag along if you want!” she offered.

“Nah! Nevermind!” I uttered and hurriedly bid her goodbye and hung up before she starts scolding me again about not going out.

 


 

 

Even Denise has something to do today. Arghhh! It’s too boring! I am boring! It would have been a lot better if Heechul is here. He pisses me off but at least I’m not bored. I wonder what he’s doing now. I hope he’s fine. I haven’t heard from him since that incident. Her mom and Heejin called me to send their gratitude but none from him, no calls, and no texts. And it was the right thing for him to do.

 

I sat on the sofa and the TV. Scanned for something good to watch but nothing interests me! Oh my. Someone save me! Then I stopped turning the channels on a food TV guide. Today’s featured recipe is Cinnamon rolls! How can they make those plain rolls looks so mouth-watering! I need to eat some of those!

 

“No, I’ll make some!” I mumbled to myself. I smiled enthusiastically as I found something to make my now stagnant brain busy.

 

I hastily scribbled down the ingredients and the procedure on a piece of paper and moved to the kitchen to scan my shelves and fridge. I obviously lacked the ones I needed. I placed checks on some items on my notes to indicate the things I need to buy. It’s been ages since I cooked and baked a decent food and I’m so excited. I hated my mom for being a nagger but I so love her cooking; it’s a piece of heaven on earth. She used to come over to teach me her magic and tricks.

 

I arrived at the nearby grocery Heechul and I frequent before. I was reminded of the time when we would randomly suggest eating just about anything and finding ourselves racing towards this store. We had so much fun even though we did the food runs in a hurry whenever someone hints that they recognize him. Well…another Hee memory! I miss him.

“Oh no, you’re not missing him!” I lightly punched my temples.

I took my time fetching what I need and paid at the cashier. I left the store with 2 bags on hand and went back to my cave. I’m so thrilled to bake again. I got off at my floor and audibly whistled Bigbang’s Let Me Hear Your Voice as I walked the hallway. When I finally took the last turn, I noticed a guy sitting in my doorstep.

 

I walked pass two doors already nearing my door when the guy looked at my way. He stood up and faced me with the sun glowing beautifully in his back and an extremely familiar silhouette shocked me.

 

“You like Bigbang better now? Tch!” I hear the shadow said. Then I got closer and closer, his features became more visible at each step. A smile crept over my lips.

“Heechul!” I mumbled.

“Why are you here? Is there something wrong?” I asked as if I didn’t lock myself inside my condo for a month because of him.

He just replied with a wide grin, his eyes glistened in excitement but I just continued looking at him questioningly.

“Okay, I just feel like going here. The boys are so busy and I was left alone in the dorms,” he explained but I wasn’t convinced.

“Really?” I raised an eyebrow. Then he began to laugh, boisterously! Oh! So annoying!

“What? You have gone crazy?” I accused and as I was about to grab the doorknob Heechul hugged me and I neglectfully dropped the plastic bags.

“I have my memories back now, Yanna, I wanted to let you know first,” I felt his jaw move in my shoulders as he spoke.

“Ugh…what? Your…memories? Wait… Are you sure?” I planted my hands on his chest and pushed him off me.

“Tch! What? Do every handsome guy you meet lie to you? Of course I’m sure!” he boasted and I was left speechless and frozen on my spot.

“Hey! Are you okay?” he nudged my arm.

“Oh… I see! That’s good…well! Very well…” I took in a sharp breath and nodded. I hurriedly picked up the plastic bags I dropped earlier.

“Can I come in?” he pointed at the door.

“Ugh…sure! Care for some cinnamon rolls? I planned to make some,” I held out the groceries I bought.

“Sure, you know I like bread,” he smiled at me. So I live another day to see that face again.

 

 


 

 

Like before, he sat comfortably in the couch and the TV. His eyes focused on the screen while I idly stood on the side watching him and contemplating whether I’m just dreaming or not.

“Go make the rolls already!” he nagged. Now the-pissing-me-off part starts.

“You came here to piss me off, are you?”

“Hhhmmmmmm…” he nodded, eyes still fixed at the TV.

“You’re still a nuisance!” I uttered as I placed down the bags at the kitchen counter.

 

“A lil bit of help will do!!!” I shouted at him as I knead the dough.

“I trust you! You can do it yourself! Fighting!” he shouted back throwing a punch in the air.

“Okay, I’m convinced! You definitely have your memories back,” I sulked.

So without the help of the bothersome idol, I did exactly what the recipe instructs. I got so immersed in it that I didn’t notice Heechul was already sitting at the corner by the kitchen counter already, watching me put a rectangle inside the oven.

“So, are you helping now?” I asked.

“You wish!” he said and blew flour on my face.

“Oh! There you go again with your cheap teasing…” I revenged by blowing some flour right on his face.

Both of us laughed hard as we threw all sorts of stuff at each other. The next things we know is were both sitting on the floor laughing really hard and breathing in rhythm. We seriously looked like crazy people but Heechul still managed to look dazzling despite the sticky and messy hair, flour painted face and dirty clothes. Idols are not idolized for no reason.

 

Wait. This happened before! I suddenly got reminded of the ice cream kiss. I need to move away before anything happens again. I looked around to see my kitchen in a complete mess! Damn. My dear kitchen is giving way for her owner’s silly love life.

I decided to stand up to clean up a bit and go on baking. ‘Thump’

“Awww…ouch!” we both breathed after bumping in each other’s head.

“Oh! I’m sorry!” I told him while massaging the affected area in my head.

“It’s fine, you hurt yourself too, so we’re even!” he chuckled soothing his own head too.

“So much for a gentleman,” this time I carefully stood up and picked up the scattered things on the floor.

“Alright, since I’m a nice guy and I started the food fight, I’ll help you out. You hate dirty kitchens,” he stood up too and fetched the mop and started mopping the tiled floor. I’m fascinated that he still knows the way around my house.

After tidying around, we sat quietly by the kitchen counter as we wait for the rolls to be ready. Then an awkward silence filled my kitchen.

“Brew coffee! It’ll be perfect for the rolls!” he ordered.

“Oh! I totally forgot! That’ll be wonderful, just a sec!” I replied. Then I started brewing some. The burdensome atmosphere a while ago disappeared as we inhaled the energizing aroma of coffee and cinnamon.

“Smells awesome, Yanna,” Heechul complimented as he poured coffee in his mug.

Ding!

“That’s the oven telling us to eat some cinnamon rolls,” I stood up and carefully withdrew the pan from the still burning oven.

“Omo! They came out perfectly! So happy, so happy!” I merrily uttered to myself.

“Is this your first time making this?” he said after I heard him slurp.

“Yeah, it’s perfect…just the way I wanted…” I answered still gawking at my masterpiece.

“Uhhh… you know what…” he trailed.

“What?” I gave him my attention.

“You look the prettiest when you’re happy like this,” he continued and I saw his lips form a smirk.

“What? It’s so unlikely of you to comment such thing, and to think, it’s a compliment,” I told him still in disbelief.

“Nah! Seriously! I know I’m cranky and flaky all the time but I have a serious side too, you know?” he winked.

“Oh…I see…so the real Heechul knows how to compliment others too?” I asked him.

“Of course, although I’m the most handsome of all, there some other gifted ones too,” he grinned widely.

“You’re making sense now, huh?”

“I’m always sensible! Tch! After a long time, you figured that out just now?” he bragged. I just chuckled at his conceited remark.

 

I realized that he’s still the same child-man I raised a month ago who cares for me and looks out for me, only this time, he’s more on the manly side. Although each word that escapes his mouth now are completely embedded with arrogance, his wit and humor can still make me laugh insanely. The mother and son surround no longer exists, his need for me is not there anymore; which I think is a good thing. I never wanted to mother a conceited brat like him and for Pete’s sakes, he’s older!

 

We teased, chatted and sat like that for what seemed like hours. I began to wonder how long it can last. I totally missed his company, his annoying teasing and hearing his funny antics. I missed him. Just when I thought I was safe and away from him, he found me in my hiding place. I swore never again. But what the hell are you doing here jump starting my heart again?! Oh Kim Heechul!

 


Author says:

Thanks for reading though I'd still love to read your comments in return!

Love you everyone!

Keep safe! ♥

 

I'd be starting a new fic in no time. :D

 

Follow me on Twitter @07Laira2013 and we'll spazz!