Breakfasts are healthy

Mr. Arrogant version 2.0

I did my typical bedtime ritual for my face and skin. Being a simple college girl doesn’t mean you don’t need skin care. Every woman deserves it, I thought to myself. After switching off the lights, the room is now being lit by a small lamp shade on my bedside table and in a few minutes of silence, all my thoughts went to a halt and the last thing I remember was my clock saying its 10:19pm already.

 

My eyes flickered numerous times before I came  back to my senses. I glanced at the clock on the bedside and it now reads 1:21am. I assessed some more and looked for the factor that woke me up. Half awake, I sat up, scratching the left side of my head and then I found Heechul at the foot of the bed curled up like a fetus hugging his pillow.

 

“What the heck are you doing here?” I shouted in shock.

He opened his right eye in difficulty, got into his knees and kneeled at the top of the bed. “I’m sorry if I disturbed you.” He apologized.

“What are you doing in my room?!” I once again yelled covering my chest with the duvet.

“Uhhhh… I can’t sleep outside, it feels weird.” He said in his bedroom voice with his head lowered. I stared at him while breathing heavily from yelling.

 

I calmed down after a few more deep breaths. I noticed his disheveled hair suited him well and he looked wonderful as the room’s dimness covered his scratched face. Realization came over that he’s perfectly harmless; very far away from the guy I thought he was just moments ago. He must have felt uncomfortable sleeping outside. Geez! What was I thinking!

 

“Oh, okay… I guess idols are not used to sleeping in narrow spaces.” I giggled.

“If your uncomfortable with me being here, I’ll just go back outside.” He suggested still with his head dropped.

“No! It’s okay. I’m not selfish okay. I’m actually good natured, you know!” I told him as I pat his left arm.

I scooted over to the left side of the bed and pulled the duvet on the right side and invited him in. He slowly climbed into my right side and I helped him tuck in the thick blanket.

“Now okay?” I reassured. He nodded as he once again hugged his pillow and closed his eyes.

“Goodnight again Yanna.” he softly uttered.

“Goodnight too.” I replied as I slid inside the covers.

 

Kim Heechul was known for being the over-confident and egoistic member of Super Junior. Everybody says okay to his words and deeds even if they were absurd and sometimes offending. It amazed me how his personality turned from being arrogant and selfish to being fragile and gentle; absolutely 180 degrees! I would have never imagined lying on this bed with the naïve and ingenuous version of the infamous Kim Heechul.

 

 

 


 

 

Morning came in as I felt the warm sunshine rays escaping between the gaps of the curtains. I stretched out my arms, opened my eyes laboriously and sat up. I glanced at the guy still sleeping so soundly beside me.

“Hey, hey! Time to get up. It’s 8am already.” I poked him in his shoulders.

“Mr. Kim!!! It’s time to get up now.” This time it’s louder. He stirred and gradually sat up with his back facing me and scratched his head a couple of times.

“Good morning Yanna!” he turned and grinned at me. That made me chuckle and I pushed him out of the bed. He finally stood up and went straight to the bathroom.

 

I got up myself and head to the kitchen. I took out 2 eggs and sausages from the fridge. I placed bread in the toaster as Heechul came out from the bathroom.

“Watch out for this. Need to wash up.” I pointed at the toaster before going. Done washing my face and brushing, I went back to the kitchen.

“Get the toasts while I cook these.” I eyed the eggs and sausages. He obediently fetch the toast and sat at the swiveling chair beside the kitchen counter.

“You like your eggs well done?” I asked.

“Yeah, whichever.” He replied.

 

The morning table was relaxing. The chit-chats and little jokes made me rethink about hating breakfasts. It’s been almost 3 days since I’ve met this guy and I’m already accustomed to him being around. Maybe if he didn’t have this condition I wouldn’t have lasted a day with him.

The Heechul I knew was really difficult to deal with; so unpredictable. I stared at him and admired his feature. I wished he would smile some more and please let those wounds be gone already! I was pulled out from my reverie when he choked on his food. I slapped his back a couple of times and handed a glass of juice.

“Eat slowly and chew before you swallow!!!” I reminded him. He looked at me and we both laughed at the incident.

 

 

 


 

 

When he was done washing the dishes, he sat next to me on the sofa and he seemed to mimic how I sat; hugging my knee. I scanned through some channels and we just saw whatever.

Half an hour seemed like a day when we stayed that way and the atmosphere became dull. Two of us became bored; no good titles to watch without much to talk about. I passed by into one of the teasers of a movie from my must-watch list and it gave me an idea on just what to do for the day.

 

Got my phone and searched for the movie schedules available. The first screening is at 12nn.

“Do you wanna go see a movie?” i got closer to his side and nudged his arm.

“Hmmm… sure!” he grinned.

“Go get dressed! The screening is at 12 so we have more time to stroll around.” I directed as I stood up and head to the bathroom. I took a bath swiftly and blow dried my hair back in my room.

“Wear the jeans and the shirt I placed at the hanger!” I yelled before the idol entered the bathroom.

“Yes, Sir!” he replied.

 

In a while, while I was putting on some sunscreen the doorbell rang. Ding Dong!

“Who could it be? Must be the newspaper guy.” I thought to myself. I dashed to the door and opened it. Omigosh. It’s Denise.

 

“What happened to you last night? Hang up on me like that again and I’ll go live right next to you!” my annoyed friend scolded. Before I could protest, she led herself in and went straight to the living area.

“So, what happened? You said, there’s something else.” She continued.

 

Heechul suddenly appeared from the bathroom door, towel drying his hair. Denise and I both snapped our heads to the freshly showered man.

“That is the something else, girlfriend.” I uttered.

She whipped her head back to face me. “Who the hell is this guy? What’s going on Yanna? Don’t tell me…” she freaked out.

“Okay, calm down and look at him closely.” I led her closer to Heechul. Heechul slightly stepped back.

“It’s okay! She’s my friend. This is Denise.” I said.

“Now, Denise, look a little bit closer and answer your question.” I instructed my bewildered friend. She shifted her head slightly to the right.

“I think I have seen him before but I can’t make it out.” she uttered.

“Come on now!” I teased.

“Kibum didn’t get plastic surgery didn’t he?” she jokingly asked.

“Of course not!” I giggled.

“Stop with the dilly dally Yanna! What’s going on?” now I can see she’s serious again.

“Okay, meet Heechul. His name is Kim Heechul. He’s the guy I helped the last day. It’s a little complicated but yeah, he’s staying here in the mean time.” I told my super worried friend.

“And you agreed to this? Are you insane?” she asked.

“Don’t over-react. I need to help this guy! Look at him! He is injured, he is scared and he needs me.” I loudly told her. I can hear myself breathing heavily. I glanced back to Heechul and I can see he is now worried.

“Hold on a second! Kim Heechul? As in Super Junior’s Kim Heechul?”  Denise suddenly said.

“Uhhh…Yeah! I was about to explain and you suddenly jumped into conclusions. “I scolded her.

 

Heechul is now sitting on the stool by the kitchen drinking his orange juice while I told Denise everything that happened yesterday without missing a detail. She squeaked as I mention the encounter I had with the famous idols. She was almost hyperventilating. It took some time before she calmed down. She approached Heechul slowly and introduced herself once more.

“Uhmmm… I’m…sorry about earlier. My name is Denise Lim. It’s nice to meet you.” She offered her hand which the child-man shook.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” He shyly replied.

 

Denise agreed to tag along for the movie. We were about to leave when the door bell rang again. Ding Dong! I headed for the door and opened it. This time, it’s Super Junior, again.

 

 

 


Author Says:

I tried to do a double update but I really can't.

I have chapter 8's half already, so i guess i'll be able to update sooner.

Give me some sleep and I'll be at your service again.

 

I want to say thank you to my subscribers and commenters; MLPERK01 and Aranel. 

This chappy is for you guys! Let me know if you liked it.

 

I want this story to progress quickly and write a scene!

But our flower boy here is still so innocent. Let's not taint it yet. Haha!

 

More thanks to dianpotpot and her staff in POMATO SERVICES who offered to make a poster for me.

They make great graphics and reviews, so make sure you check it out.

 

Keep safe everyone! ♥