Date

Safe and Sound

Woohyun smile never left his face from the time he left the cafe and up till now a home. Somewhere deep in him, he knew that she was the one. He wanted her, and he hoped she wanted him as well. So here he was in his room laying down on his bed, thinking about her-- Lee Junghwa-- and how her smile complimented everything about her. That sweet voice and how proper she was even if she was drinking and how her eyes were bright and alive. Every single thing about her seemed to be graceful, breathtaking even. He patted the bed in search for his phone, his finger tips brushed against the cool feel of the metal rim, he grabbed it and looked at her number. Contemplating whether of not to text her. After five minutes if having an inner battle, he finally decided to text her.

To: Junghwa
Thank you for having coffee with me today. [:

A few moments later received a text message from her.

From : Junghwa
No problem! It was nice having coffee with you :)

To: Junghwa
^^ it’s getting late, you should go to sleep now.

Bing, his phone went off as soon as he placed it on his bed.

From: Junghwa
Ara, good night~~~! Sweet dreams!

Woohyun smiled to himself when he read the text message.

To: Junghwa 
Good night and sweet dreams to you too! Bye.

He finally felt happy after so long. Joy over took his sleep that night as he laid on bed and thought of Lee Junghwa, the beauty that captivated his heart in a matter if seconds.

Junghwa stirred in her sleep when the sun came peaking out from the dark brick colored curtains in her room. She mumbled incoherent words when she felt the prying streaks of light peak through the curtains once more. Groaning, she flung the blankets off of her and sat up in her king sized bed. The royal blue blanket was half off of her bed and her pillows were scattered all over the mattress. Her matching sheets were wrinkled from the way she slept last night.

Junghwa’s light brown hair was a birds nest, knots and tangles were everywhere. Her eyes were half closed as she rubbed them, trying to adjust to the burning light from the sun. She looked at her alarm clock and saw it was only 8:10 am. “What the ,” she laid back down on her bed and pulled the blanket up to cover her face. It's so early, she thought to herself.

Bing, her phone went off, informing her she got a message. She reached her arm from under the covers in search of her phone. Finally, after a few minutes of blindly reaching all over the night stand, she felt the phone and quickly grabbed it. She tapped her screen and read the message.

From: Woohyun
Good morning [: I hope I didn’t wake you up.

She smiled to herself after reading the text.

To: Woohyun 
Good morning to you too! Ani, you didn’t wake me up^^

Five minutes passed before she got reply.

From Woohyun: 
Ahh, what a relief :] are you busy today?

Junghwa wondered what she was doing today. A smile grew on her lips as she realized her schedule was clear for the time being. 

To: Woohyun 
Ani, wae?

From Woohyun:
Would mind spending the day with me?

Spend the day with him? She thought to herself, giggling; she typed a reply.

To: Woohyun
Ani, I don’t mind :D

From: Woohyun 
Great! Want to meet at the park?

To: Woohyun 
Sure. Same place?

From: Woohyun 
Yep. Same place.

To: Woohyun 
Okay. I’ll meet you there at 10?

From: Woohyun 
Sounds good to me, see you later!

To: Woohyun 
See you then ^^

She pressed the send button before bolting out of her bed and going into her bathroom to get ready for the day planned ahead.

 


 

Woohyun sat down at a table in the corner of the cafe, keeping his eye on the door, waiting for Junghwa to come. He kept reciting words in his mind on what to say when she'd show up. He tried to keep his mind calm and breathing controlled. But he couldn't, he was too nervous for this first official outing together. "Nice to see you again," He said to himself. "No, not that. Seems to used. You look beautiful today," He tried but shook his head. "Aish, what should I say?" Woohyun held onto his head in frustration.

He heard the door open with a small jingle of the bell, his head snapped up towards the door and he saw her, he saw Lee Junghwa, the beauty he's been dying to see. Clearing his throat, he stood up from his chair and fixed his white button up shirt and light blue shorts, making sure no wrinkle could be seen. He was dressed casually and he 

Heart beating fast, he saw how beautiful she looked today. She was dressed in a white, v-neck shirt paired with light wash, high waisted,  denim shorts with a small, leather coach bag that rested on her shoulders and a pair of black, leather gladiator sandals. 

Junghwa saw Woohyun standing at the back of the cafe and smiled at him. She made her way over to him, trying to be calm, she took in deep breaths to calm her beating heart. She reached him sooner than expected. 

"Hello," she greeted with a smile. 

"Hi," Woohyun smiled back at her. "You look beautiful today." He complimented,  Junghwa's face flared up from his words.

"Thank you," She said with a big smile. "You look handsome today, too." She complimented. Woohyun chuckled at her as she began to grow redder in the face.

Woohyun noticed that she was still standing. "Ah, please, sit," he ushered her. Junghwa nodded her head and pulled out the chair and took a seat, Woohyun did the same as her. "Would you like anything to drink while we're here?" He asked, she nodded her head. "The same as yesterday?" Woohyun asked. 

Junghwa shook her head, and with a sheepish smile, she said: " I was actually wondering if I can try what you had yesterday." 

Smiling at her answer, Woohyun nodded his head, "One Caramel Frappe, coming right up, then." He stood up and went to wait in line to order their drinks.

Junghwa found herself smiling at his cuteness. So adorable! She inwardly praised. She jumped in her seat when she felt her phone vibrate in her purse, but quickly recollected herself before taking out her phone. Junghwa saw that she had received a new text message from her mother. 

From: Umma

Where are you? 

She puffed out her cheeks, and typed a reply. 

To: Umma

I'm out with a friend for the day. I'll be back for the party later though. 

A few moments later, she received a reply from her mother. 

From: Umma

Alright then. Come back​ before eight. You'll need to get ready. 

Junghwa bit her bottom lip before typing a reply, once again. 

To: Umma

Actually, I would like to have this day to myself. Would that be fine? I mean it's just one party I'll be missing. It's not like I'm needed, right? Those parties are killing me. You know I have no interest in business parties. 

From: Umma

I guess that'd be okay. I'll tell your father you're not feeling well. But, you have to go to the next one. 

She smiled that her mother was actually allowing her to skip a party for the first time. Maybe it's from yesterday, she thought. A medium sized caramel frappuccino appeared in front of her. She looked up and saw Woohyun sitting in front of her with a new flavor today. 

"What do you have?" She asked him as she took a sip of her drink. Her eyes widened at the new flavor in . "It's really good!" She exclaimed. 

"Today, I have a strawberry and creme frappuccino," Woohyun told her. "It's good, isn't it?" He smiled at her. 

"Can--  I have a taste of yours?" She asked boldly. 

Woohyun looked at her stunned for a moment, trying to register her words in his mind. "S-sure," he stuttered and gave her his cup. 

Shyly, Junghwa took the cup and took a sip of the drink. Her eyes lit up, once again, and she returned the drink to him. "You know a lot of good flavors," she told him. 

Blushing Woohyun took the drink back. "Thank you." An indirect kiss, he thought to himself, making his smile grow bigger. "Do you want to go anywhere specific today?" He asked her as he drank his drink. 

Junghwa shook her head and swallowed her drink. "Nope. I was just wondering if you can show me around Seoul." She said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. 

Woohyun gave her a weird look, "Show you-- around Seoul?" He cocked his head to the side, "Why? I thought you live in Seoul." 

"I do. It's just, I never got to look at it." She laughed awkwardly. "Been protected from the outside world, I guess?" She shrugged her shoulders. 

"We can do that. It's ten in the morning, so we have all day to do venture out in Seoul!" He said to her with excitement in his voice. Standing up from his chair, Woohyun looked at Junghwa with a wide smile, his drink in his hand, and said: "Let's go." 

"A-alright," Junghwa said. She grabbed her phone off of the table and placed it in her purse and stood up next to Woohyun. Woohyun took hold of her hand and led her out of the cafe. Junghwa felt the sparks fly and her heart race faster. Woohyun looked back at her and saw her face become red, he let out a chuckle and led her to the first place, the bus stop, and from there, they would reach their first destination. 

"You've ridden a bus before, right?" He asked. Junghwa shook her head. "What?!" He gapped at her. "Everyone's ridden a bus before! How can you not have?" 

Because I've always had a chauffeur driving me around, she thought. "I never got to, my parents would always drive me places." She lied. Woohyun's mouth formed an 'o' shape. 

"You weren't kidding when you said you were protected. Well, the bus is actually fun to ride in," Woohyun said to her as they continued to walk with their hands intertwined together. Junghwa could see the bus stop not too far from them. She felt a knot form in her stomach, she would be experiencing something normal today, something she's been dreaming of doing for so long. 

She smiled at Woohyun as they reached the bus stop. She saw people waiting there already, and looked up and down the street, wondering when the bus was coming. From afar, she could see the big bright green bus making it's way to the bus stop. "It's coming," she informed Woohyun. Junghwa began smiling when she saw the bus coming closer to them. It was huge to Junghwa, Woohyun laughed at her reaction, her eyes sparkled like a little kid who had just seen Elmo. 

"Kaja," he said and carefully put her in front of him. When she boarded the bus, she dug in her purse for her wallet, but Woohyun stopped her by swiping a card twice and pulling Junghwa along with him to the back. He sat down for and pulled Junghwa down with him. "This is how the bus works," he explained to her. She looked at him with a confused look on her face. Then, he began to explain the whole system to her. 

About twenty minutes later, they reached their first destination and got off. They walked again for about five minutes before Woohyun stopped walking and looked at Junghwa who was wide eyed. Her eyes sparkled at the sight in front of her, Lotte World. 

"We're spending time here?" She asked her voice was filled with excitement. 

"If you want to," He said. "We can always explore with what ever time we have left. Besides, it's only ten forty, we have plenty of time to look at Seoul!" He told her with a wide smile. 

"Hurry then! I want to go play!" Junghwa whined. "Oppa," she called out to him while pouting. 

Oppa? Woohyun wondered, his heart beating fast, his cheeks tinted with pink as he looked at her. "Let's go," His voice cracked as he spoke, going an octave higher than his normal. Junghwa looked at Woohyun with a shy smile. 

"I can call you oppa, right?" She questioned as they walked towards the ticket booth. 

"Y-yeah, you can call me oppa," Woohyun told her. "Two tickets, please," He said to the worker. 

"That'll be thirty-five dollars, please," The worker said in a bored manner. Woohyun took out his wallet and paid the amount of money and in return, the worker gave him two tickets for them. Woohyun handed her, her ticket. 

"Thank you," Junghwa said. "You shouldn't have paid for me, I could've paid for myself. Stop treating me today, oppa." Junghwa glaced at him. 

Their hands re-connected again keeping the two together. "I would  never allow my date to pay for anything that I'll be doing with her." 

"We're on a date?" Her heart stopped for a moment, thinking of all of the possibilities that could happen with being with Woohyun. Her parents came in mind, she didn't want that, yet she didn't care this time, for sure not this time. 

"Of course, silly, we're on a date. This can be a considered a date, right?" He asked. 

"This date is going to be exciting, then." 

 


 

The clock struck 1 in the afternoon as Junghwa giggled at Woohyun who was riding on the dragon on the merry-go-round, laughing like a little kid, showing his cute charm off to her. Woohyun laughed at how she was giggling at him. 

After the ride was over, Junghwa tugged on his sleeve. "Oppa, can we go somewhere else now? I think I've experience enough of Lotte World for today." Their hands found a way to reconnect once again. 

"Alright then, we can go to the next place." He smiled at her then led the way out of the amusement park. 

On the way their way back to the bus stop, Junghwa stopped in front of a small restaurant. Woohyun looked at her and saw that she was looking at it. He smiled at he at her and saw that she was fascinated by the small restaurant.

"Would you like to eat there?" He asked her. Junghwa nodded her head. "Araso, let's go and eat lunch!" Woohyun pulled her towards the door. He gently pushed the door open and a small jingle of the bell rang through the cute tiny place. A small ahjumma came running out from the kitchen, frantically wiping her hands on a dish rag. 

"Anneyeonghaseyo,"  She greeted the both of them. "Just two today?" She asked as she made her way around the counter. Woohyun and Junghwa sat down at a table. 

"Yes, just two today, ahjumma," Woohyun said. "Can we have two jjajangmyeons, and a thing of kimbap?" 

"Alright, just a moment," she said and went back to the kitchen to prepare their food. 

"Do you come here often?" She asked him as she looked around the place. 

"Sometimes," he said, leaning back in his chair, stretching his arms up high. "I haven't been here for a few months, though." Junghwa nodded her head and looked at him with a tilt of her head. "Why are you looking at me like that? Did I say something wrong?" He asked her. 

"Ani, I was just thinking," Junghwa said. 

"About what?" Woohyun inquired.

"What do you do for work?" She asked propping her chin on her hand. 

"I work for a company, Lee Corps." He told her sitting back in his chair properly. "Wae? What do you do?" 

Junghwa's eyes got wide for a minute before pulling herself together. "It's nothing," she smiled at him. "I don't work, well, I can't work actually. My parents won't let me work." Junghwa gave a small awkward smile, unsure how to make of this situation. 

"You don't work?" He questioned, almost shocked at her answer. 

Junghwa scratched her head nervously. "I guess my parents aren't into the whole letting me out of their sight thing?" She shrugged her shoulders. Woohyun opened his mouth, about to ask her another question, but out came the ahjumma with their food. Woohyun would ask what her parents do later, but for the time being, they would eat and enjoy their lunch before going to the next place. 

Finally, the two of them arrived to their second and last stop of the day: the train station. Yes, the train station. Woohyun had decided to take her to the beach. It was two and there was nothing fun to do in Seoul, so why not take her to the beach, right? Well, Jungah wasn't so sure about that. Sure, she was excited, but she wasn't sure how it'd be. 

Woohyun walked up to Jungah with two tickets in his hand and handed her her ticket and kept his. 

"Where are we going?" Junghwa asked him. 

"The beach," Woohyun said nonchalantly.

Junghwa's eyes widened. "Bwoh?!" 

Woohyun chuckled at her reaction. He placed his hands on her shoulder and gently moved her back and forth. "Yes, I, Nam Woohyun, am taking you, Lee Junghwa, to the beach." 

Junghwa smiled at him all of a sudden. Woohyun gave her a weird look and slowly let go of her shoulders. 

"This is the best day ever." She quietly said.

Woohyun looked at and gave her a gentle smile. "You know," he started. "You seem like you were never let out of your house." He said, leading them to a bench to sit at while waiting for their train to come. 

"I wouldn't really say that I was never let out of the house." Junhwa said in a slow and awkward manner. "I mean, I went to parties when ever invited. I'd go out with my mom to the mall, I'd travel here and there with my parents if I liked where they were going." 

Now, Junghwa didn't lie, but she also didn't tell the entire story, because right now, she was being careful. She didn't want to mess up their new friendship already. Maybe she wanted something more as well.

"Woah," Woohyun's mouth formed and 'o' shape. "Where have you been to?" He asked. 

"I've been to China, Japan, New York; California, France, Italy and Spain." 

"That's amazing." He said in awe. "I've always wanted to travel. That's been my dream." 

"Then why don't you go?" She cocked her head to the, looking at him. 

"Money." He shrugged. "Once I earn enough, I'll be off to venture around the world." 

Junghwa had to smile at that. He seemed so bright and cheerful. Woohyun nudged her shoulder. Junghwa looked up at Woohyun, who was now standing, and tilted her head. 

"Our train is here," he told her. Junghwa nodded her head and stood up from the bench, following Woohyun to the train. People began pushing past her, trying to get out of the station. She felt someone take hold of her hand and saw it was Woohyun. He gave her a small smile before bringing her closer to him. "I don't want you killed out here," he whispered in her ear, making her blush. 

The both of them boarded the train and sat down where there weren't a lot of people around them. 

"Oppa," Junghwa laid her head on his shoulder, "Can I take a nap?" She yawned. 

"You can sleep," he said. "I'll wake you up when we get there, okay?" Woohyun gently fixed his position so the both of them could be comfortable. 

After taking a nap for two hours, they arrived to their destination. Woohyun gently woke Junghwa up by poking her sides. 

Junghwa mumbled incoherent words before opening her eyes, trying to let them adjust to the lighting. "We're here, oppa?" 

"Yep, we're here," he helped her stand on her feet and led the way out of the train. Junghwa followed, still not fully awake, causing her to stumble here and there. Woohyun just chuckled and crouched down in front of her. "Hop on my back," He said. Junhwa, totally out of it, nodded her head and got on his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck; Woohyun used his arms to support her legs and carefully got up and began walking to the beach. 

About fifteen minutes passed, and there it was, the beautiful salt water scent that floated through the calm air. The bright yellow sun was still in the sky and the small breeze made everything feel better, fresher even. Woohyun walked on the warm sand and went towards the captivating clear blue water. 

"Junghwa, we're at the beach." His voice came out soft and gentle. "C'mon, wake up before I put you in the water." He playfully joked, and that, got Junghwa to wake up. 

"Fine, I'm up, I'm up," her voice came out hoarse. She jumped off of his back and her feet landed on the soft sand. Her lips curled into a big smile. She bent down and played with the sand, letting it run through her fingers. Junghwa looked up at Woohyun and noticed he wasn't there. 

Turning her head to the other side, she was greeted with water being splashed in her face. She squealed and jumped up away from her previous spot. Water dripped from her face and she saw Woohyun clutching his stomach laughing, Junghwa placed her purse on the sand and marched over towards him and pushed him into the water. 

Woohyun landed with a small splash making Junghwa laugh at him when he stood up from the water. Narrowing his eyes at her, Junghwa stopped laughing and saw his lips curve into a smirk. She quickly ran away from him before he could run after her. Woohyun ran after her as soon as she left. Runnig her fastest, Junghwa looked behind her and saw Woohyun right behind her. She pushed herself harder, but he grabbed her waist, pulling her into his chest, making the back of her shirt wet. 

"Oppa!" She laughed. A wide smile was planted on her face. "You're making me wet!" Woohyun released her from his grasp and quickly sprinted off to the other side of the beach. Junghwa turned around and saw him sprawled out on the sand, trying to catch his breath. She took off her shoes and held them in her hand. 

"Woohyun," Junghwa called. Woohyun turned his head and saw her running towards him; his eyes widend and he quickly stood up, only resulting for him and Junghwa to fall in the water. They both laughed as she and Woohyun were drenched in the salt water.

They spent the rest of the day continuing their play until the sun had set before heading home. But, what they didn't know, there'd be trouble brewing once they get home.