Putting Up a Fight

Safe and Sound

Junghwa led the way to the stage with Woohuyn close behind her; Woohyun grabbed her hand and gave her a quick squeeze, before releasing her and continued to walk with her. They both could hear the endless clicking and murmuring of the reporters talking to their cameramen and/or each other. 

Woohyun could feel his palms begin to sweat in nervousness, and his heart beat was skyrocketing when they were at the doors waiting to be called out. Woohyun saw her parents but didn't make eye contact with them, scared that they'd dislike him more than they already did. He closed his eyes and said a quick prayer, asking God to be able to help him during the press conference.

Opening his eyes, he saw Junghwa standing in front of him with a small smile. "You'll be great out there, I know it. When we first get to the stage, smile and wave, then sit down next to me and look happy, remember, answer questions that you can answer, you'll be fine, don't be nervous, okay?" 

"I think you're more nervous than I am, dear," Woohyun chuckled and moved a strand of hair out of her face and looked at her. "I didn't tell you that you look beautiful today." 

Junghwa blushed at the compliment. "Thank you," she said. "You look really handsome in that suit of yours." With a shy smile, Junhwa felt her troubles disappear and found a new strength. 

"Ten seconds until you're going," they heard someone say. 

Junghwa fixed his suit and hair quickly before quickly fixing herself. The doors opened and the both of them were greeted with blinding, flashing lights from every corner of the room it seemed. Woohyun swore he'd go blind from the amount of light in the room, but, he did as told and smiled at the camera's and followed her up the small stairs and stood in front of a table with a white cover and countless mics and two water bottles for each of them. He turned his head to the side and saw Junghwa pulling out her chair and he followed her actions and sat down. 

After they sat down, questions after questions came at the two, in which, Junghwa answered them. 

"This one is for Woohyun-sshi," a reporter said. Junghwa looked over at him who just sat their with a small smile on his face. "Why was their a picture of the two of you in front of your house?" 

Woohyun swallowed a lump in his throat but still kept a smile on his face. "That picture was because she was at my house, she stayed the night because my mother had told her it was safer to stay at our house instead of going back to hers. She didn't want her to be in harms way," he told them rather honestly. "She came to my house yesterday to inform me of what's happening. I tried to keep her safe, I did my best in trying to keep her from harms way, but really, I only added more weight to her already heavy shoulders by letting myself comfort her." 

"What happened at the time when you were hugging?" The reporter asked him. 

"She was apologizing for having brought me any troubles in the future and present," his eyes began to wonder towards Junghwa who was already looking at him with wide eyes. "What's done is done, nothing can change it now." A small smile appeared on his face as he looked at her with gentle loving eyes. 

More and more questions came and Woohyun and Junghwa had their fare share of answering this time around. Half an hour later, the two were done with their press conference and as they headed back, Junghwa hugged him, burring her face in his chest, inhaling his scent of peppermint. 

"You were amazing out there," she said, lifting her face to see him. "So amazing." A smile lit up his face as he wrapped his arms tightly around her petite frame. 

"You weren't that bad yourself," he said cockily.  

"Oh stop it, it was only your first press conference." She hit his chest, but smiled at the end of it. 

"Are you saying that there's going to be more to come?" He gave her a small smile with a chuckle following behind.

"N-no. I didn't mean it like that," she stuttered. Her cheeks were flushed a light pink as she looked at away from the man in front of her.

Woohyun let out a small laugh and nodded his head. "Alright, alright, I didn't mean it like that either." 

"Junghwa," She heard her mothers voice, dripping with the authority and the power she held, call her name at the end of the hallway. Woohyun quickly let go of Junhwa and coughed awkwardly, backing away from her. 

"You can go," Junghwa said softly to Woohyun lightly pushing him towards the room where they were earlier. Unsure on what was going to happen, he went to the room to wait for her to be done. When he was out of sight, Junghwa took in a deep breath to calm herself down. 

"What was that during the questioning?" Her mother asked, walking closer to her. 

"That was me fixing things," Junghwa stated rather boldly. "Was there anything wrong with that?" 

"Yes, there was," her mother looked at her with narrowed eyes. "It'll bring misfortune to us, the company, and our family." 

"You fell in love with dad, and you two got married," Junghwa said. "Why can't I fall in love and get married, also?" 

"You will fall in love and marry that person, but not now, honey. You're just too young to understand love." Her mother tried to tell her that she was at fault at the moment. 

"I'm sorry," Junghwa said. "I didn't know anything. But right now, I'm doing this for myself and no one else."