Nothing

Safe and Sound

Such a hellish week for both Woohyun and Junghwa.

 

Two days after Junghwa left him, Woohyun returned back to his home empty handed. The moment he entered the door of his house, he was greeted with his mothers hug and her words of telling him he'd be alright, but deep down in Woohyun's heart, he knew those words were lies, he knew they weren't true. He spent his time crying in his room, which made him sick, not able to move from his room and it worried his parents, it pained his mother to see her once smiling son become so lifeless.

 

Lee Junghwa, the once so calm and collected heiress was now a mess. For the past few days, she's done nothing but cry her heart out, wailing her loves name only to be scolded at by her parents. Mrs. Kim could do nothing but watch the young girl suffer by herself; never in her fifteen years she's worked for the Lee's had she seen the young mistress so miserable before. Junghwa would clutch onto her phone so tight, hoping Woohyun would call her.

 

Junghwa cried, she cried on rainy days and thought about him, because, to her luck, it rained everyday. Every single day it rained and it made her heart ache to the point that she felt like she was dying. She wondered how Woohyun was doing, if he was eating right, whether or not he was sleeping right; she wanted to get up from her bed and go visit him but Mrs. Kim told her she wasn't well enough, right now, she didn't care anymore. She didn't care if she wasn't well enough or if she was going to have any strength to stand, she knew it'd be worth it at the end of the day to see her love.

 

Tiredly rolling out of her bed, she slowly made her way towards her closet and grabbed a royal blue oversized hoodie and pulled it over her head; she then grabbed her purse and ballet flats before leaving her closet to go to her bathroom to just wipe her face from the oil built up over the days. The once beautiful Lee Junghwa had now become a mess because of love.

 

Her body felt so weak and deprived of everything that she couldn't do much at the moment but stare at her own reflection; how it made her feel worse about herself seeing her red puffy eyes and her bags under her eyes, how it made her cringe. Junghwa felt her legs wobble under her weight from the lack of nutrients in her body. She gave herself a tired smile before leaving to go to Woohyun's.

 

Making her way down the stairs as fast as her body could go before her parents could come home from the dinner party that they were invited to. Junghwa heard footsteps from

the kitchen coming out towards the sitting area. She froze on the last step as she saw her grandmother walk towards her.

 

"You're going?" Her grandmother asked.

 

"Yes," Junghwa said. "I'm going," stepping down the last step on the stairs, she sat down and leaned against the railing to support her tired body.

 

"I'll get you food, dear, just hold on a minute," turning back towards the kitchen to get her food, Junghwa watched her grandmothers retreating figure and started to cry.

 

She's always going to be my supporter no matter what I do, Junghwa covered her sobs with the back of her hand. She felt her tears hit the back of her hand as she saw her grandmothers figure gone. She's always going to be there for me until the very end.

 

Junghwa felt a little part of her happy for having a supporter, but she still felt her heart broken in so many pieces as if they can't be mended together.

 

"Don't cry, child," she heard her grandmother's voice try to console her. "Eat," she said, holding her chopsticks out with ramen noodles. "Mrs. Kim wasn't here and I haven't had noodles in a long time."

 

Junghwa sniffled and wiped her tears off her face. She opened and ate the food her grandma had to offer. She felt the food warm her cold body and she began to eat

more as her grandma began feeding her faster.

 

"Oh dear," she said. "You eat like you did when you were a baby," her grandma gave her a napkin to wipe her face.

 

"Thank you," Junghwa said, accepting the napkin and began to blow her nose.

 

Her grandma gave her a kind smile before patting her head. "You should go now, dear." Her grandmother stood up from the stairs and got up. Junghwa looked at her with a thankful smile as she got up.

 

"I called a cab for you," she said. "I think it's here for you now," Junghwa walked over towards the door and saw the cab parked outside. She turned to her grandmother and gave her a small smile before going outside to the cab.

 

The moment she stepped out of the house, she felt the rain hit her head. The memories began to rush back to her. She entered the cab and gave Woohyun's address to the driver.

 

The driver glanced at Junghwa through his rearview mirror, he couldn't get over the fact at how pale she looked at the moment as her head was against the cab window. . "Miss, are you alright?"

 

Junghwa met eyes with the driver and nodded her head. "I'm perfectly fine right now, just tired.

 

The driver nodded his head but didn't bother her anymore since that obviously wasn't his job.

 

Twenty minutes later they arrived at her destination. Junghwa dug in her purse and gave him a hundred dollars before quickly getting out of the taxi not waiting for her change.

She rang the doorbell and waited a moment before the gates opened for her. She saw Mrs. Nam standing at the front door with a welcoming smile on her face, Junghwa quickly made her way to the door and was greeted with a hug.

 

"Where's Woohyun?" She asked.

 

"He's in his room, dear," Mrs. Nam told her after she slipped her feet in a pair of slippers.

 

"Thank you," Junghwa made her way up the stairs and entered the last room on the right. When she opened the door, she saw Woohyun laying on his bed with a wet towel on his forehead. Carefully, she closed the door behind her and took quiet steps towards him. She noticed his face was thin and pale, how his cheek bones could be seen clearly. Little beads of sweat could be seen on his forehead, how it made her heart break just from the sight.

 

She could see his tear stained cheeks that haven't had time to dry yet. Junghwa cupped as she began to cry at the sight of him. How the world decided to play with them. She sat down next to him and held onto his hand. She saw Woohyun's eye pry open and she couldn't help but cry more than she already was.

 

"Junghwa," he breathed out. "What are you doing here, baby?" Woohyun could barely keep his eyes opened. His voice was hoarse as if he hasn't talked in days or had water.

 

"I needed to see how you were doing," she said. "I needed to see you. I couldn't live a day apart from you, I couldn't be separated from you," she cried. "Woohyun, I need you."

 

"Baby, why are you crying?" He asked, wiping away her tears with his free hand. "Lay next to me," Woohyun requested, pulling his hand away from her. Junghwa climbed over him and laid beside him. Woohyun turned his body towards the other side with all of his strength. He pulled Junghwa into arms and encircled her in his embrace. "Don't cry,

baby, don't cry," he, himself, began to cry after he spoke those words.

 

"You said to only cry on rainy days," she reminded him. "I'm crying on rainy days for you."

 

"Why are you crying for me?" He asked her.

 

"Because, I love you," she sobbed. "I love you so much that you've become my oxygen, you've become something I need in order to live," her tears soaked his shirt.

 

"It's been hellish for me," Woohyun said. "I've been so miserable without you. I've cried and waited for you until I got sick. It's been so long since I've been able to see your face.

It's not right," Junghwa felt his tears fall on her face. With trembling hands, she wiped away his tears from his face.

 

"I held my phone, waiting for you to call or text me," her voice was gentle but strained as she held in her sobs. "But," her voice cracked. "They never came. I kept my phone close to me and cried my heart out, waiting for you," Finally, she broke, she broke and began to sob to no end. Woohyun held her closer and listened to her cry out of sadness as he continued to shed his own tears.

 

Five minutes later, her sobs calmed down, almost to nothings.

 

"Today, we meet again as lovers," Woohyun told her. "We're lovers today," he felt her start to cry again, but he slowly began to fall asleep, tired from all of the crying he's done for the past few days, today, he knew he could get a peaceful rest with her by his side."Everything's going to get better," reassuring her with fake words that he wasn't sure of himself.

Deep down, the two of them knew nothing was going to get better. No matter how many tears came out of their eyes, nothing would be better.