Let's Go

Safe and Sound

Glancing at the door, Woohyun bit his finger anxiously as he fidgeted in his seat uncomfortably while waiting for Junghwa to return to him. A minute passed by before the female entered through the doors. Woohyun stood up and made his way over towards her with his jacked off and white shirt sleeves pushed to his elbows. "What happened?" Woohyun asked as soon as the door closed behind her. Worry evident in his voice as he glanced over her appearance, making sure no scratches or marks were seen on her body.

 

"Nothing big,” she mumbled, “Just a small argument. I did, hoowever, stick up for what was right," Junghwa took a step towards him and hugged. "I told her that how much you meant to me, and she got mad so I left," she revealed, closing her eyes as she inhaled his scent she grew to recognize.

 

"Oh god, Lee Junghwa,” Woohyun groaned. “Why'd you do that for?" He let out a sigh, but hugged her anyways, enjoying how she fitted perfectly in his arms. "Why'd

you leave your mom to come to me?"

 

"Because, she doesn't like you. And, it's because I love you," she said with flushed cheeks. "I really do love you, Nam Woohyun."

 

"I love you too, Lee Junghwa." Woohyun said burying his face in her hair, inhaling her intoxicating scent of vanilla. "I love you so much. I don't know how to live without you now even though it's been less than a week since we've known each other. It's an indescribable feeling."

 

"That's how I feel too," she murmured. A smile played on her lips as she felt him squeeze her tighter. Junghwa lifted her head to look at him for a moment before an idea popped up in her head. "Want to go on a trip?" She asked him.

 

Woohyun's eyes went wide as he looked at her. "Where?"

 

"Anywhere but Seoul," she replied. "We can go back to my house and I can go pack my clothes, then we go to your house and you can go get your clothes then we go to the train station and buy tickets to anywhere." She said, pulling away from him and grabbing her purse and phone. "It's almost seven, the last train is maybe around nine, ten? That gives us about an hour to get to the station."

 

"Junghwa," Woohyun said, grabbing her shoulders to hold her in place. "Are you sure you want to go on this trip?" He searched her eyes for any sign of doubt or hesitation, but she remained unfazed by his question.

 

"Of course I am," she said. "Now lets go and get ready for the trip." She dragged Woohyun out the door and towards the back of the building.

 

"I thought you came with your parents?" He questioned, seeing her car parked in the back parking lot. Woohyun glanced at the girl and rose a brow at her.

 

"I did," she replied, taking her key out of her purse, "I asked someone to bring my car in case something like this happened."

 

"You think your situation through a lot, don't you?" Woohyun let out a chuckle, as he entered through the passengers side.

 

"Of course, if I didn't do that, I wouldn't be Lee Junghwa anymore," She gave a cocky smile to Woohyun as she got in the drivers seat.

 

"Just drive," he said to her putting his seatbelt on and Junghwa sped off towards her house to get her things.

 

Upon arriving at the house, Junghwa saw her parents haven't arrived yet and she thanked the heavens because if they were, she'd die for bringing Woohyun here. Turning the car off, she quickly made her way out with Woohyun following her steps as she rushed inside of the house and making their way up towards the second floor where her room was and locked the door when Woohyun stepped in.

 

"This is going to be quick," she said, running around her room. Getting a large duffel bag she began packing half of her closet inside of it. She made sure to pack her wallet with cash so that she didn't have to use her credit card a lot, that is, until her parents cut her off, but she was fine, she had opened a bank account a year ago, saving money for emergencies like these where she'd leave home. She ran back out from her closet and placed her wallet in an MCM bag, which she had bought two weeks ago, that'd be big enough for anything that didn't fit the duffel. Junghwa knew that her parents wouldn't want to see her for a long time, and she could care less at this point in time. Running to her bathroom, she took out a Ziploc bag from her cabinet, and placed her toothbrush in it and took her face creams, lotions, and any other toiletries she'd need. She stepped out of the bathroom and placed it in the bag that sat on her bed.

 

"Can you take unplug my phone charger from the wall for me, please?" She asked Woohyun while she still maneuvered around her room, trying to make sure she had everything. She went back into her closet to change out of her dress and into a pair of track shorts and a loose white tee-shirt and grabbed a cardigan; she looked through her closet and picked out her shoes that she'd bring. She decided to pack three flats, two sneakers and two pairs of sandals.

 

She stepped out of her closet with a handful of shoes and dumped them in her bag which was now bulky. Woohyun had her phone charger in his hand and she took it and placed it in her backpack. Junghwa looked at Woohyun and nodded her head Woohyun grabbed her bag and followed her out of the house, and saw that Mrs.Kim standing at the foot of the stairs with her grandmother.

 

"Hello," she bowed to her grandmother and at the corner of her eye, she saw Woohyun bowing at her too.

 

"You're leaving," she stated. "Is this the boy you've been seeing?" Eyeing Woohyun who gave her a light smile.

 

"Yeah, I'm leaving," Junghwa said. "I'll come back soon, I think-- this is Nam Woohyun,” she motioned to the male standing beside her. Woohyun had a smile on hi face as he looked at the two older women.

 

Her grandmother took a few steps towards Woohyun and grabbed his hand. "Take care of her, she's my the only one I see," she said to him.

 

"Of course I will," Woohyun gave her a smile and nodded his head. He looked at the older woman and saw the sadness in her eyes that would never leave until her granddaughter was beside her once again.

 

She let go of his hand then walked over to Junghwa and gave her a hug. "Call me if you need help with anything. Call me when you made it somewhere safe, alright?" Junghwa could hear her voice break and felt her heart begin to crumble slowly.

 

She looked at her grandmother and nodded her head, afraid to say something at the moment. "I will, don't worry," Junghwa reassured her, after a moment of silence, and gave her a tight squeeze before letting go. Junghwa saw Mrs. Kim standing their with the container of noodles and held it out for her with a faltering smile. "Oh my, Mrs. Kim, you're too kind, even to the very end." She said, taking the container in her hand.

 

"I have watched you grow up from when you were so young," she sniffled. "Good luck out there, dear, come back when you miss home, come back when you miss me cooking for you." Mrs. Kim said, pulling her into a motherly hug, in which, Junghwa was grateful for after all of these years.  

 

"Thanks for taking care of me, I'll come visit you sometime," she said softly with a small smile. "We really should be going now," Junghwa told them as she parted from Mrs. Lee and headed towards the front door with Woohyun following behind. Mrs. Lee and Grandma Lee were a few steps behind the two as they watched them leave.

 

"Eat as you go, okay?" Mrs. Kim reminded them as Woohyun placed her duffel bag inside of the her trunk.

 

"Yes, we will," Junghwa said as she got in the car. "Bye, until next time," she gave them a small smile before shutting her car door with Woohyun in the drivers seat this time.

"Let's go," he said, taking her hand in his and exiting out of her parking lot and heading towards his own house.