Approval for Your Same-Aged Chingu

Not Just for Monday

Choice of Song: Midsummer Night's Sweetness by San E & Raina

 

"Oh, Dong Wook ah," I give Dong Wook a friendly pound hug, greeting him in hip-hop style.

 

"Hyung, how are you?" Dong Wook flashing his perfect smile. This warm nice guy, gentle as usual, even to men. 

 

Both of us sit at the soju stall at midnight. The night breeze is cool and chilling after an unexpected sumer rainfall. It chases away all my sleepiness. It has always been hard to find time and get together with friends, not to say celebrity friends. When we are busy with our own activities, our schedule is always so packed. We will be grateful if we manage to meet up once in a month. We feel more relax when the camera is finally off, we can meet outside the show, we are not celebrity under the spotlights, that we can finally be ordinary people again, just like two old friends meet after a long time, we just talk about anything and everything. So I won't turn down any chance to meet my friend when I'm off work. Dong Wook is Jihyo's chingu whom she is really close to and three of us are pretty comfortable that would meet up once in a while.

 

Someone suddenly sat beside me. Without noticing, you already grab yourself a stool and sit with us.

 

"Oh, you came. you're late. It is a sin to keep two pretty guys waiting, you know," I joke, feeling pleased to finally see you.

 

You pretend to look left and right, as if you are searching. "Aish, Oppa. I only see one pretty guy here. Where is the other one?"

 

"The guy is right in front of you. Why are you still searching? Keke," I grab your face lightly and turn facing me.

 

Dong Wook bursts into laughters. He clings him hands showing that he couldn't bear this chessiness.

 

"Oppa is Ahjussi...," you argue.

 

I pretend to be disappointed and the corner of my eyes caught Dong Wook staring at us speechlessly. 

 

"When did you come? The costume fitting session sure took a long time. Good work, Dong Wookie." You greet him while tapping on him shoulder casually. 

 

You and Dong Wook will be starring in a new sageuk drama, titled 'Mandate of Heaven'. Both of you will be getting really busy soon.

 

"Stop flirting you two!" Dong Wook raising his unsatisfaction as he fakes a cute irritated face.

 

Ahjumma places the side dishes and 2 bottle of soju on our table.

 

"Let't toast for the success of our new drama!" We raise our half full glasses and cheer together.

 

"Dong Wook, how good are you with soju?" I ask.

 

"I think 2-3 is tolerable. Jihyo one and a half?" Dong Wook replies playfully.

 

"Jihyo, less than one," I answer him automatically without thinking.

 

"One bottle!" You glare at me.

 

"Eh? Jihyo lied? " Dong Wook provokes when he decides to team up with me.

 

"Jihyo, I told you don't drink too much when you're with other guys, didn't I," I pretend to sound jealous on purpose.

 

We talk for a long night about everything, some serious topics and hilarious jokes.

 

"Ah-choo!". I sneeze as the night is getting colder.

 

"Here," Dong Wook and I take off our sweater almost simultaneously. We awkwardly stare at each other for few seconds.

 

"Wow, two gentlemen here. I am so fortunate." You took Dong Wook's jacket. "Oppa, keep it on. You just recovered from a cold, don't get sick again."

 

We also discuss some of the reasons why Dong Wook still single and agree that it is probably because he is picky about girls. He denies by saying he hasn't meet someone who makes his heart fluttered recently. But how could he ever meet new people if he is the type of well-disciplined guy who goes straight home after work. So, I offer to take him to the club next time.

 

"Don't you dare." You punch my arm hard, taking revenge for what I said. 

 

I try to make cute puppy eyes to calm you down but you look even more annoyed. I love to see the way you react, it is absolutely adorable. "Okay, no clubs. How about coffee house?"



Dong Wook makes a you-gotta-be-kidding face and his phone rings. He answers the call immediately. "My manager is here to pick me up. I gotta go. It's fun tonight, see you soon Hyung. And Jihyo tomorrow. No, it is already morning. So I guess I'll be seeing you in 6 hours."

 

He stands up from his seat, waving us goodbye when he walks towards his black car. "You two can finally have your sweet time alone. Don't get too drunk, remember we have script reading again." He glances at you then gives me a wink and that cracks me up.


"Stop messing around. Let's hang out again after your drama," I say to Dong Wook.

*******

I think my body is slowly reacting to the alcohol I drank earlier. My mind begins to wander whenever I am getting a little tipsy. My nose feels tingly and my eyes gradually turn watery. 

 

This love is frightening. I can feel the hatred growing deep inside me. What is this happening to me?