Will It End One Day

Not Just for Monday

Choice of Song: Haru by Royal Pirates

 

"Will that be the end of us?" You gaze at the people on the street from the window seat.

 

It is really cozy to have a cup of coffee in this small coffee shop nearby our neighbourhood. We order two Americano and one chocoloate cheese cake to share. The second floor is quiet as only two tables are occupied. We sit at our favourite spot that is facing the street.

 

"Uhm hmm..?", I waited but you didn't continue on, "Hello, earth to Jihyo."

 

The night view is wonderful as the street lights slowly lighten up the entire city. You seem really enjoying your sweet time in your own little world and your mind literally drift away. I am certainly getting used to it already by now.

 

"The day when our fans stop loving Monday Couple as much as before, will that be the end of us?"

 

"Why would you think that way?" I almost choke myself after taking the first sip of my coffee. I am rather surprised because it is really rare that you sound this serious whenever we talk about Monday Couple. But at the same time I see the cute side of you for asking me this.

 

"Nothing. I have been thinking about it quite often lately."

 

"Aigoo kyeopta Jihyo-ah."  I pinch you nose and tease you.

 

"Stop that oppa. You are making me embarrassed." You quickly look away.

 

"No, Monday Couple will live on even only one last fan left supporting us."

 

* * * * *

I don't know how Oppa can be this confident but his words did reassure me. Gary Oppa might have just replied me that without any too serious thinking. However, it somehow sounds like a promise to me. It may be a casual one but I know it is always a genuine one from him.



"I'm pretty sure that till the very end, there will certainly be more that just one fan sticking around. How bout a hundred? Keke." I playfully joke.

 

"Hundred? No way, you mean a hundred thousand, didn't you?" Both of us burst into laughters. The couple from another table turn back and look at us. We awkwardly nod our head as apologies and lower down our voice. Luckily, they do not recognise us.

 

Some thoughts suddenly cross my mind. Am I falling deeper in love with Gary Oppa that I start to feel slightly insecure and worry about our fate in the show. I hold my cup and felt warmth in my heart. When I look up, I realised Oppa has been looking at me. I see him smiling and our eyes lock. How I wish I could freeze time and make this moment lasts in such a beautiful night, Gary Oppa sitting right in front of me, fixing his gaze on me all this while.

 

The affection we share is unwavering. People used to say Gary Oppa loves me more. Now, I can finally prove them wrong. I think we are moving towards a balanced position for a healthy and fair relationship. But it does not seem possible to ever give back enough love as much as Gary Oppa has given to me.

 

A smile forms on my lips. Yeah, I think I love Oppa more now, more than before and it is still growing. Then, I see both the corners of his lips curve upwards.


"What, now you even know mind reading huh?"

 

He smiles and nods softly. He did not say a word as if he knew what I just have on my mind a moment ago. Deep down in my heart, I believe he does.